New study shows the Antarctic is warming

SJ -

Because in much of the world, the debate about climat change is not a political one. Left parties and right parties argue about the best solutions, but what basically everyone agrees on is the basic science. If yu check websites like the UK Conservative Party it says very clearly that human acitivty is responsible for climate change. Likewise other conservarive parties around the world. They have access to the best and least biased science available, and that is their conclusion.

SJ -

Because in much of the world, the debate about climat change is not a political one. Left parties and right parties argue about the best solutions, but what basically everyone agrees on is the basic science. If yu check websites like the UK Conservative Party it says very clearly that human acitivty is responsible for climate change. Likewise other conservarive parties around the world. They have access to the best and least biased science available, and that is their conclusion.
Good for them. I'll make up my own mind, and I haven't seen any proof yet.

SJ -

Good for them. I'll make up my own mind, and I haven't seen any proof yet.

it snowed here on Sunday about an inch

must be global warming

--LOL

we used to call it weather

--LOL

Jon -

It may be worth doing a little reading on science.

Snow is created in humid conditions - hence, as climate change creates a more humid climate, so cold parts of the world will very often experience more snow.

What you experience locally IS weather - what the world experiences IS climate. I hope that has made it a bit clearer for you.

Jon -

It may be worth doing a little reading on science.

Snow is created in humid conditions - hence, as climate change creates a more humid climate, so cold parts of the world will very often experience more snow.

What you experience locally IS weather - what the world experiences IS climate. I hope that has made it a bit clearer for you.

first off it is a joke

however is interesting how the global warmists can get away

with local events

--LOL

humidity is a variable

the constant with producing snow is cold

no matter how you dice it up

Jon -

humidity is a variable

the constant with producing snow is cold

And because humidity varies - when humidity increases, so the amounts of snow an area receives will go up.

Yes, of course the cold is a key factor, because otherwise any increase humidity would fall as rain, not snow.

Joke about this all you like, but anyone who understands climate will tell you exactly the same thing.

Jon -

humidity is a variable

Yes, of course the cold is a key factor, because otherwise any increase humidity would fall as rain, not snow.

Joke about this all you like, but anyone who understands climate will tell you exactly the same thing.

cold is a required factor for snow

humidity is an important factor in cooling the surface temp of the earth

Jon -

Yes, it is, but we know that humidity is rising as one aspect of climate change and rising temperatures. In some parts of the world, this means more snow. This is now some wild prediction - it is something that has been occuring for many years already.

This is by no means the case worldwide, but in parts of the world that record a lot of snow, all of the forecasts are for more in future.

Other parts of the world will also record snow droughts and less snow, as rising temperatures push them out of the 'snow belt'. These areas may suffer from increased rainfall and more floods as a result.

Jon -

Yes, it is, but we know that humidity is rising as one aspect of climate change and rising temperatures. In some parts of the world, this means more snow. This is now some wild prediction - it is something that has been occuring for many years already.

This is by no means the case worldwide, but in parts of the world that record a lot of snow, all of the forecasts are for more in future.

Other parts of the world will also record snow droughts and less snow, as rising temperatures push them out of the 'snow belt'. These areas may suffer from increased rainfall and more floods as a result.

water vapor is the leader in greenhouse gases

not C02

Jon -

Perhaps do a little reading on that from some decent sources, and you'll probably come to understand it better than you do now.

I don't know how many "theories" I've heard presented on this board, but in almsot every case they come from very simple misunderstandings.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back