New Study Contradicts Man-made warming

Al Gore counts for the 100.

Al Gore does not count as he is not a scientist. Just a very good presenter.

Once more, every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University in the world state that AGW is a fact and that it is a clear and present danger.

Your fixation on Al Gore only shows the extent to which you have not bothered to research the problem.

Once more, every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University in the world state that AGW is a fact and that it is a clear and present danger.

Your fixation on Al Gore only shows the extent to which you have not bothered to research the problem.

kind of funny how every scientist that doesn't agree with Al is an idiot according to you.

LOL. Presentation has never been Gore's strength...actually, hard determine what would be. Making money off of the global warming/green industry - yes, he has managed to do very well with that!

LOL. Presentation has never been Gore's strength...actually, hard determine what would be. Making money off of the global warming/green industry - yes, he has managed to do very well with that!

Really

Former Vice President Al Gore Joins Apple's Board of Directors

Former Vice President Al Gore Joins Apple’s Board of Directors
CUPERTINO, California—March 19, 2003—Apple® today announced that Albert Gore Jr., the former Vice President of the United States, has joined the Company’s Board of Directors. Mr. Gore was elected at Apple’s board meeting today.

“Al brings an incredible wealth of knowledge and wisdom to Apple from having helped run the largest organization in the world—the United States government—as a Congressman, Senator and our 45th Vice President. Al is also an avid Mac user and does his own video editing in Final Cut Pro,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “Al is going to be a terrific Director and we’re excited and honored that he has chosen Apple as his first private sector board to serve on.”

For the purpose of energy independence I would agree with you. BUT....PLEASE do not wreck the economy in the process. The polar bears are much more robust than our economy. That should be placed on the endangered species list. As for energy I am with the "all of the above" crowd.

Man's impact on global warming is minuscule. Don't hype it. Sound policies led by realism is the answer not alarmist hysteria.

Don't wreck the economy by being energy independent? The amount of money that we have spent on oil would have easily revived this economy had we spent it at home. Where do you think the terrorists are getting their funding?

Let's see, we have increased the primary greenhouse gas in the atmosphere by nearly 40%, we are acidifying the oceans, destroying the rain forests, our actions are causing a major extinction era, but our impact is miniscule?

Sound policies led by realism is exactly what I am advocating.

WHAT??????

Now I thought you had at least a somewhat credible working understanding of this topic Old Rocks to be commenting on it with such determined consistency.

CO2 is NOT the primary greenhouse gas in the atmosphere. A freshman student in a basic science course of study would know that.

The primary greenhouse gas in the atmosphere is WATER VAPOR - and it is not even close. Water Vapor accounts for up to 72% of all atmospheric greenhouse gases.
CO2 is a distant second.

My god man - how can you argue on behalf of a topic you clearly know so little about? That is an example of such arrogance and self importance...I am quite shocked at this revelation of your lack of even the simplest facts regarding the subject of greenhouse gasses.

It is the dominant role of water vapor in fact that has created much dissention within the science community regarding the importance, or lack thereof of CO2 to the earth's climate. A recent paper on this subject was published by Russian scientist Vladimir Shaidurov of the Russian Academy of Sciences. His studies were supported in part by Andy Dessler of Texas A&M, who concluded that, "The most powerful greenhouse gas is water vapour." He also made clear that humans have little impact on water vapor, and therefor, the earth's climate in general.

Here is a link to hopefully enlighten you on the subject - you could certainly use the help!

Greenhouse theory smashed by biggest stone

Last edited:

Really

Former Vice President Al Gore Joins Apple's Board of Directors

Former Vice President Al Gore Joins Apple’s Board of Directors
CUPERTINO, California—March 19, 2003—Apple® today announced that Albert Gore Jr., the former Vice President of the United States, has joined the Company’s Board of Directors. Mr. Gore was elected at Apple’s board meeting today.

“Al brings an incredible wealth of knowledge and wisdom to Apple from having helped run the largest organization in the world—the United States government—as a Congressman, Senator and our 45th Vice President. Al is also an avid Mac user and does his own video editing in Final Cut Pro,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “Al is going to be a terrific Director and we’re excited and honored that he has chosen Apple as his first private sector board to serve on.”

In other words, he's the former vice president of the united states.

maybe he'll do for apple what Rahm Emanuel did for Freddie Mac or what Chris Dodd did for AIG?

For the purpose of energy independence I would agree with you. BUT....PLEASE do not wreck the economy in the process. The polar bears are much more robust than our economy. That should be placed on the endangered species list. As for energy I am with the "all of the above" crowd.

Man's impact on global warming is minuscule. Don't hype it. Sound policies led by realism is the answer not alarmist hysteria.

Don't wreck the economy by being energy independent? The amount of money that we have spent on oil would have easily revived this economy had we spent it at home. Where do you think the terrorists are getting their funding?

Let's see, we have increased the primary greenhouse gas in the atmosphere by nearly 40%, we are acidifying the oceans, destroying the rain forests, our actions are causing a major extinction era, but our impact is miniscule?

WHAT??????

Now I thought you had at least a somewhat credible working understanding of this topic Old Rocks to be commenting on it with such determined consistency.

CO2 is NOT the primary greenhouse gas in the atmosphere. A freshman student in a basic science course of study would know that.

The primary greenhouse gas in the atmosphere is WATER VAPOR - and it is not even close. Water Vapor accounts for up to 72% of all atmospheric greenhouse gases.
CO2 is a distant second.

My god man - how can you argue on behalf of a topic you clearly know so little about? That is an example of such arrogance and self importance...I am quite shocked at this revelation of your lack of even the simplest facts regarding the subject of greenhouse gasses.

It is the dominant role of water vapor in fact that has created much dissention within the science community regarding the importance, or lack thereof of CO2 to the earth's climate. A recent paper on this subject was published by Russian scientist Vladimir Shaidurov of the Russian Academy of Sciences. His studies were supported in part by Andy Dessler of Texas A&M, who concluded that, "The most powerful greenhouse gas is water vapour." He also made clear that humans have little impact on water vapor, and therefor, the earth's climate in general.

Here is a link to hopefully enlighten you on the subject - you could certainly use the help!

WHAT??????

CO2 is a distant second.

says the pseudo intellectual carpenter.

Seems Al has done pretty well for himself in the business world. Without a single Bin Laden family member there to bail him out, unlike a certain other fellow.
Al Gore's $100 Million Makeover - Current TV - Generation Investment Management - An Inconvenient Truth | Fast Company

What no one is talking about is that he has also become a stunningly successful businessman--and that has fueled his comeback. Since his nonelection, Gore has become a millionaire many times over, bringing him, in financial terms, shoulder to shoulder with the C-suite denizens he used to hit up for campaign cash. In addition to the steady flow of six-figure speaking gigs, he has become an insider at two of the hottest companies on the planet: at Google, where he signed on as an adviser in 2001, pre-IPO (and received stock options now reportedly worth north of $30 million), and at Apple, where he joined the board in 2003 (and got stock options now valued at about $6 million). He enjoyed a big payday as vice chairman of an investment firm in L.A., and, more recently, started a cable-television company and an asset-management firm, both of which are becoming quiet forces in their fields.

Financial disclosure documents released before the 2000 election put the Gore family's net worth at $1 million to $2 million. After years of public service--and four kids needing high-priced educations--Al and Tipper used to fret occasionally about money. Not anymore. They have a new multimillion-dollar home in a tony section of Nashville and a family home in Virginia, and have recently bought a multimillion-dollar condo at the St. Regis condo/hotel in San Francisco. Available data indicate a net worth well in excess of $100 million.

Rockhead ... answer this one question:

Why are your scientists considered better than all the others who disagree with you?

Because the ratio is about one hundred to one in my favor. And far larger than that in the field of climatology.

Not based on organization, the number of differing groups show the exact opposite, more groups say it's a hoax than support it.

Today the amount of carbon dumped globally into the atmosphere corresponds, on average, to one ton per person on the planet, each year. In the United States, carbon-based energy is especially important. The average American per capita emission is 5 tons of carbon annually. In Sweden (with a similar standard of living as the US) the carbon output is less than two tons of carbon per person per year.

Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas – it traps heat radiation that is attempting to escape from Earth. The physics of this process was established by the Irish physicist John Tyndall (1820 – 1891) and the effect was calculated by Swedish chemist Svante Arrhenius (1859 – 1927).

The Rise of CO2 & Warming

WHAT??????

CO2 is a distant second.

That you clearly do not understand the relationship of CO2 and H2O is abundantly clear. Water vapor is a positive feedback, CO2 is the causitive agent

Water vapor is the most powerful greenhouse gas
The skeptic argument...Water vapour is the most important greenhouse gas. If you get a fall evening and the sky is clear, heat will escape, the temperature will drop and you get frost. If there's cloud cover, the heat is trapped by water vapour as a greenhouse gas and the temperature stays warm. If you go to In Salah in southern Algeria, they recorded at noon 52°C. By midnight, it's -3.6°C. That’s a 56°C drop in temperature in 12 hours. It's caused because there is very little water vapour in the atmosphere and is a demonstration of water vapour as the most important greenhouse gas (source: Interview with Tim Ball).

What the science says...

Water vapour is indeed the most dominant greenhouse gas. The radiative forcing for water is around 75 W/m2 while carbon dioxide contributes 32 W/m2 (Kiehl 1997). Water vapour is also the dominant positive feedback in our climate system and a major reason why temperature is so sensitive to changes in CO2.

Unlike external forcings such as CO2 which can be added to the atmosphere, the level of water vapour in the atmosphere is a function of temperature. Water vapour is brought into the atmosphere via evaporation - the rate depends on the ocean and air temperature and is governed by the Clausius-Clapeyron relation.

If extra water is added to the atmosphere, it condenses and falls as rain or snow within a week or two. Similarly, if somehow moisture was sucked out of the atmosphere, evaporation would restore water vapour levels to 'normal levels' in short time.

Water Vapour as a positive feedback
As water vapour is directly related to temperature, it's also a positive feedback - in fact, the largest positive feedback in the climate system (Soden 2005). As temperature rises, evaporation increases and more water vapour accumulates in the atmosphere. As a greenhouse gas, the water absorbs more heat, further warming the air and causing more evaporation.

How does water vapour fit in with CO2 emissions? When CO2 is added to the atmosphere, as a greenhouse gas it has a warming effect. This causes more water to evaporate and warm the air more to a higher (more or less) stabilized level. So CO2 warming has an amplified effect, beyond a purely CO2 effect.

How much does water vapour amplify CO2 warming? Without any feedbacks, a doubling of CO2 would warm the globe around 1°C. Taken on its own, water vapour feedback roughly doubles the amount of CO2 warming. When other feedbacks are included (eg - loss of albedo due to melting ice), the total warming from a doubling of CO2 is around 3°C (Held 2000).

Rockhead ... answer this one question:

Why are your scientists considered better than all the others who disagree with you?

Because the ratio is about one hundred to one in my favor. And far larger than that in the field of climatology.

Not based on organization, the number of differing groups show the exact opposite, more groups say it's a hoax than support it.

Now Kitten, you are pitching shit and you know it. Not a single referance for your statement.

WHAT??????

CO2 is a distant second.

That you clearly do not understand the relationship of CO2 and H2O is abundantly clear. Water vapor is a positive feedback, CO2 is the causitive agent

The skeptic argument...Water vapour is the most important greenhouse gas. If you get a fall evening and the sky is clear, heat will escape, the temperature will drop and you get frost. If there's cloud cover, the heat is trapped by water vapour as a greenhouse gas and the temperature stays warm. If you go to In Salah in southern Algeria, they recorded at noon 52°C. By midnight, it's -3.6°C. That’s a 56°C drop in temperature in 12 hours. It's caused because there is very little water vapour in the atmosphere and is a demonstration of water vapour as the most important greenhouse gas (source: Interview with Tim Ball).

What the science says...

Water vapour is indeed the most dominant greenhouse gas. The radiative forcing for water is around 75 W/m2 while carbon dioxide contributes 32 W/m2 (Kiehl 1997). Water vapour is also the dominant positive feedback in our climate system and a major reason why temperature is so sensitive to changes in CO2.

Unlike external forcings such as CO2 which can be added to the atmosphere, the level of water vapour in the atmosphere is a function of temperature. Water vapour is brought into the atmosphere via evaporation - the rate depends on the ocean and air temperature and is governed by the Clausius-Clapeyron relation.

If extra water is added to the atmosphere, it condenses and falls as rain or snow within a week or two. Similarly, if somehow moisture was sucked out of the atmosphere, evaporation would restore water vapour levels to 'normal levels' in short time.

As water vapour is directly related to temperature, it's also a positive feedback - in fact, the largest positive feedback in the climate system (Soden 2005). As temperature rises, evaporation increases and more water vapour accumulates in the atmosphere. As a greenhouse gas, the water absorbs more heat, further warming the air and causing more evaporation.

How does water vapour fit in with CO2 emissions? When CO2 is added to the atmosphere, as a greenhouse gas it has a warming effect. This causes more water to evaporate and warm the air more to a higher (more or less) stabilized level. So CO2 warming has an amplified effect, beyond a purely CO2 effect.

How much does water vapour amplify CO2 warming? Without any feedbacks, a doubling of CO2 would warm the globe around 1°C. Taken on its own, water vapour feedback roughly doubles the amount of CO2 warming. When other feedbacks are included (eg - loss of albedo due to melting ice), the total warming from a doubling of CO2 is around 3°C (Held 2000).

Sorry Old Rocks, but you clearly do not know the very science you are attempting to debate here. You can cut and paste all you want, but when you stand on your own words, your ignorance becomes quite clear.

That is a shame, as you now are simply another pretender.

No hard feelings, but you really screwed up here.

CO2 as the primary greenhouse gas??

Oh geez...

WHAT??????

CO2 is a distant second.

What the science says...

Sorry Old Rocks, but you clearly do not know the very science you are attempting to debate here. You can cut and paste all you want, but when you stand on your own words, your ignorance becomes quite clear.

Oh geez...

Your inability to understand what you read is hardly a concern of mine. Residence time for H2O in the atmosphere is less than 10 days, for CO2, about two centuries. That you do not understand how a feedback works, is apparent.

What the science says...

Oh geez...

Your inability to understand what you read is hardly a concern of mine. Residence time for H2O in the atmosphere is less than 10 days, for CO2, about two centuries. That you do not understand how a feedback works, is apparent.

Spin your own factless statement all you want - you remarked that CO2 was the primary greenhouse gas and that is so far from the fact either you are incredibly ignorant, or willfully so - either way, your standing on this topic has been considerably diminished.

Forum List

Back