New SPAM filter.

and you have banned chinese characters lol.....how is that working for you?

Actually, it's working far better than what we had before the filters were installed. We are down to just a few posts getting through instead of hundreds a day.

Well, I'm sure we are all hoping that this helps cut down on the spammers. What we are REALLY hoping is that it would eliminate them entirely though. Lol.

I wish for that as well, but the reality is that someone will always find a way around whatever obstacles we place in their way.

I guess i never really understood why spammers make such an effort , nobody reads them anyways
~S~

Seems to have cut down on the spammers

I was used to waking up and seeing all the recent threads in Chinese and they would stay that way until a Mod signed on

I'm having issues editing this post: The guy Nazareth was a total fraud, get over it already...

I misspelled "hyphen" and when I tried to edit it and save it, I'm being shown this error message: "The following error occurred: Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

I believe I'm being shown this error by mistake as I didn't anything of the sort and my post doesn't contain any foreign characters.

I'm having issues editing this post: The guy Nazareth was a total fraud, get over it already...

I misspelled "hyphen" and when I tried to edit it and save it, I'm being shown this error message: "The following error occurred: Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

I believe I'm being shown this error by mistake as I didn't anything of the sort and my post doesn't contain any foreign characters.

If you tried to post a link, you may not have the 20 posts required as new member to post links. Or the somehow the post contains Hebrew/Aramaic characters. If it happens again, QUICKLY get the content copy and pasted and sent to one of the moderators via Private Message (also known as "conversations".. .

I guess i never really understood why spammers make such an effort , nobody reads them anyways
~S~

I don't think it's much of an effort on their end. Consider that they came up with a formula, whatever it is, and then blanket-broadcast that formula through multiple sites of which this is but one, and do so at the proverbial touch of a button.

Mind you I've never dabbled in it myself but I strongly suspect it's a lot more work for the recipient end, meaning the adminstrators of this site and all the others on the receiving end, than it is for the spammer scumbags.

Forum List

Back