New section roll call!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
This should only be viewable by mods/supermods/admins at this point. John asked that I create this section after I told him it wasn't a good idea to share music in a semi-public forum (anyone paying for Gold membership automatically gets access to inner circle and VIP section).

Upload limits haven't changed but linking will be private here. I'll let John explain the rest...

Let's make sure there are no accessibility issues here before going too far forward.

Cool, so the permissions worked granting just a few in here, let's just make sure no regulars get in here. John or I can add individual users manually. PM me with any questions.

Just bought imagehosting site. It was cheap enough where giving it a whirl couldn't hurt. People like free things so I'll never charge for storage, and maybe once in a blue moon people will click the ads. More traffic means more clicking which means more $$$ :)

jimnyc said:
Cool, so the permissions worked granting just a few in here, let's just make sure no regulars get in here. John or I can add individual users manually. PM me with any questions.

Just bought imagehosting site. It was cheap enough where giving it a whirl couldn't hurt. People like free things so I'll never charge for storage, and maybe once in a blue moon people will click the ads. More traffic means more clicking which means more $$$ :)

I'll click a few times a day :)

:D

jimnyc said:

So should we be clicking the ads on the top of USMB more often? I hit them occassionally, usually by accident, but don't know how you are getting paid for them.

no1tovote4 said:
So should we be clicking the ads on the top of USMB more often? I hit them occassionally, usually by accident, but don't know how you are getting paid for them.

I can't ask or advise anyone to click on the ads as that would be against Google's TOS. :)

Yes, advertisers pay google to have their ads displayed. The ads show up based on the content of the text on the page. Google won't release the exact values they charge and profit, but I get a percentage of every click. I haven't made enough to retire (or buy a pack of smokes) but I make enough to completely cover the cost of the site with some left over. Every cent left over gets reinvested in advertising to try and get more members here.

P.S. - look at the very bottom of the main page and you'll see 5 links that are programmed to change every time you visit the homepage. That kind gentleman has been paying me $50 per month to place those ads. I'm quite confident he's just charging those that actually have their sites advertised more money and then having the ads rotate across dozens of sites.

im here...late as usual, but here
oh and now that i know about the ads, ill click them several times a day

Johnney said:
im here...late as usual, but here
oh and now that i know about the ads, ill click them several times a day

Johnney weirdest thing, you beat me! Just got back from Boston with the 7th and 8th grades! Fun time in Bean Town! Looks like it's been a bit busy!

ahem, I am seeing this!

Kathianne said:
Johnney weirdest thing, you beat me! Just got back from Boston with the 7th and 8th grades! Fun time in Bean Town! Looks like it's been a bit busy!

ahem, I am seeing this!
and yo udidnt take me? i see how you are :cry:

Johnney said:
and yo udidnt take me? i see how you are :cry:

LOL! You could have handled the 31 cell phones that were NOT :wtf: supposed to be there! It was a great trip, I'll write after I check out all the new posts.

Hey did your parents ever send you on a field trip with over $300 spending money? (all that the kids had to have $ for was 3 fast food lunches).

Kathianne said:
LOL! You could have handled the 31 cell phones that were NOT :wtf: supposed to be there! It was a great trip, I'll write after I check out all the new posts.

Hey did your parents ever send you on a field trip with over $300 spending money? (all that the kids had to have $ for was 3 fast food lunches).
umm...no. we didnt go on those types of field trips when i was in school.
i could handle the cells. jsut like i do now, dont listen to them

Johnney said:
umm...no. we didnt go on those types of field trips when i was in school.
i could handle the cells. jsut like i do now, dont listen to them

I will say that overall the kids I teach are really nice and good. Problem, if one can call it that, is that the parents are caring, but uneducated regarding what makes successful students/adults. They want "A's" but are unwilling to let their kids earn them or NOT. They GIVE their kids 'everything' but do not understand why their kids are NOT motivated.

They have a problem when the school says 'no' to something like cell phones or spending money. $300+ for this age, on a class trip, is ridiculous, regardless of parents' income.

I grew up in an area where there was $, but perhaps most defining was that it was a 'college town'. In the 60's over 80% were college grads with 25% holding advanced degrees. Not once do I remember parents complaining about homework or grades.

Forum List

Back