New season of South Park

ripping on the Sweet 16 stuff was funny. I like how Satan said that he was just as bad as those spoiled Sweet 16 girls on MTV. Then everyone implied that they were worse then Satan, lol. ITs true.

Then the 3 murderers was funny too with Gacy just killing people non stop, lol.

The Three Murderers was great, especially the black and white title cards. This one was okay, better than the 9/11 conspiracy episode, anyway.

And, I'll admit, I laughed at it, but it was waaaaay too soon for the Crocodile Hunter joke.

The Three Murderers was great, especially the black and white title cards. This one was okay, better than the 9/11 conspiracy episode, anyway.

And, I'll admit, I laughed at it, but it was waaaaay too soon for the Crocodile Hunter joke.

I felt the same way. LOL Even with the damn sting ray in his chest, lol.

I like Butters' song: "I truly love to brush my teeth!"

Also, I rewatched it late last night, did anyone notice that at the party, there was a woman dressed as Chef? They should've had someone dressed as Mohammed!

when i watch it again this weekend i'll keep my eyes out for it. knowing them they proably stuck him in there. after all they had princess di and ghandi in hell!

Yeah, maybe that was their sort-of way of saying Chef's in Hell.

I also saw a little demon sort of dressed like Frylock from Aqua Teen, but he may have just been a carton of fries.

Who didn't see this coming....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/27/irwin.southpark/index.html

'South Park' mocks Steve Irwin
POSTED: 1:17 p.m. EDT, October 27, 2006
Adjust font size:
LONDON, England (CNN) -- The cartoon series "South Park" has never been shy of courting controversy, but its latest episode has caused outrage by featuring the recently deceased Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin.

Swearing and random death and destruction are staples of the cartoon, which has been broadcast since 1997. Irwin, killed by a stingray's barb while snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef in September is the latest celebrity to be lampooned by the show.

The episode, aired in the U.S. earlier this week, shows Satan preparing to host a Halloween fancy dress party. Other guests include Princess Diana, Hitler and rapper Notorious B.I.G. Critics have been appalled by the Irwin character's depiction in a bloodstained shirt and with a stingray still attached to his chest.

John Beyer of UK TV watchdog Mediawatch said: "This is such bad taste and the makers of 'South Park' should review their decision to show it. Steve's family are still grieving.

"To lampoon somebody's death like that is unacceptable and so soon after the event is grossly insensitive.''

"South Park" maker Comedy Central defended the episode. A spokesperson for the company said: "It has offended people in the past and probably will again. Regular watchers would not be shocked."

The show holds the record for the most swear words spoken in one program, and regularly takes pot-shots at celebrities and makes fun of politics and religion.

Some tamer examples include George Clooney, mocked for his politically motivated Oscar acceptance speech, and lampooning Tom Cruise and John Travolta for their belief in Scientology. One episode with a depiction of a bleeding Virgin Mary so upset the Catholic Church that it was pulled from repeats of the series.

Here's to Comedy Central actually going to the mat, rather than trying to distance themselves from this.

Like I said, it's definitely too soon, which is why it's funny. Google 'cringe humor' and you'll sort of understand. But, I do think it's weird that everyone was so shocked by his death. I mean, it sucks that he died, I had nothing personal against him, but the dude made his living agitating very deadly animals for entertainment. I'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/

From tomorrow's Comedy Central Press Release:

Cartman's latest obsession is literally killing him in an all-new episode of "South Park" on Wednesday, November 1 at 10:00 P.M. on Comedy Central

Cartman’s plan to propel himself into the future goes horribly wrong in an all-new “South Park” entitled, “Go God Go,” premiering Wednesday, November 1 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central. South Park Elementary faces strong opposition to the topic of evolution being taught to the 4th graders. The most vocal protests are from Ms. Garrison who has to teach it. Eric Cartman can’t be bothered with what’s going on in class. He’s busy manipulating his own personal time-line to align with the precise release date of the newest, hottest game.

Cartman's latest obsession is literally killing him in an all-new episode of "South Park" on Wednesday, November 1 at 10:00 P.M. on Comedy Central

Cartman’s plan to propel himself into the future goes horribly wrong in an all-new “South Park” entitled, “Go God Go,” premiering Wednesday, November 1 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central. South Park Elementary faces strong opposition to the topic of evolution being taught to the 4th graders. The most vocal protests are from Ms. Garrison who has to teach it. Eric Cartman can’t be bothered with what’s going on in class. He’s busy manipulating his own personal time-line to align with the precise release date of the newest, hottest game.

My predictions: Cartman will succeed...somehow, and they'll conclude that while evolution should be taught, it shouldn't be taught as unquestionable fact.

It'll probably be really funny, too.

One last thing on the Croc Hunter thing....

Irwin's Widow "Devastated" by 'South Park' Parody
Steve Irwin's widow Terri Irwin is reportedly "devastated" by an episode of controversial TV cartoon South Park that pokes fun at the late Crocodile Hunter. Terri, 42, is said to be worried that Irwin's children Bindi, eight, and Bob, two, will see the show, which portrays the late star with a stingray sticking out of his chest less than two months after he died. Friday night, Australian TV channel SBS said it is planning to air the episode in Australia next year or in 2008. It has already been shown in the US. A friend of Irwin's widow says, "Terri is devastated Steve is being mocked in such a cruel way. Her worry is that Bindi and Bob will see it and break down. Steve had as big a sense of humor as anyone, but this goes too far too soon." British TV naturalist Mark Amey, 44, who worked alongside Irwin, backed the sentiments, saying, "My message to people is don't watch the show. It's distasteful s**t. Let's hope none of Steve's fans who keep poisonous animals happen to find the addresses of those behind the show and leave them a nice surprise." Irwin was killed by a stingray barb off the coast of Queensland, Australia on September 4 while filming a segment for his daughter's new TV show.

I do hate the idea of his kids seeing that, though if my math is right, they're way too young to be watching South Park, anyway. However, Mark Amey's comment was really scary, no?

Oh, and....

bilmaherhalloween.jpg

Not that I liked Bill Maher before, but for some reason, this picture makes me hate him even more. Not so much the costume, just the fact that he's obviously the old guy at the party who's way too drunk or stoned or whatever he happens to be in this picture.

1. Bill maher is an unfunny hack.

2. gotta love the buck rogers angle in the episode. a two parter to boot. mrs garrisons "boobs" cracked me up.

God damn tivo fucked up...AGAIN!! The damn thing freezes randomly anymore and this is the replaced one. So hopefully when it comes on again, it records it since it hasnt yet recorded it.

It'll be on again tomorrow at 10. And probably again at 12 or 1.

This one was good, mostly setup. Everything with Mrs. Garrison was really funny. I'm wondering if Comedy Central asked them to name-drop the WII, or if they just knew that would be what kids would be interested in right now (they're right, I guess). I think next week's will be better than this one.

Cartman's crank calling himself from the future in an all-new episode of "South Park" on Wednesday, November 8 at 10:00 P.M. on Comedy Central

Cartman's stuck in a future where otters ride ostriches in an all-new "South Park" entitled, "Go God Go XII" premiering Wednesday, November 8 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central.

Last week Eric Cartman froze himself in an attempt to make his three-week wait for a hot, new, gaming device pass quickly. A freak accident landed him over 500 years in the future and now he's stuck there. The future is a tumultuous place with warring factions, angry sea otters and no Nintendo. Will Cartman find a way back to his own time?

Forum List

Back