New Sci fi Shows

I didn't watch Firefly until they cancelled it,but I really liked it. watched it all on netflix then watched the movie. Why the hell do they keep cancelling good sci fi flicks? And the sci fi channel sucks big hairy ones. Nothing but computer generated graphics and REALLY bad actors.

they have a few good ones on right now that im sure they will cancel eventually just by keeping the 12 episode seasons so far apart.....people will lose interest or forget they are on still.....

i watch Torchwood......the British one was usually a different thing every week.....the last Season about the Children being taken over by Aliens was really good.....it was 4 parts long.....Capt.Jack is an Immortal Time Cop from the 51st Century.....he was a Companion of Doctor Who for a while.....then was spun off....

Alphas was pretty good ill hang......

Eureka is a good one......
Having the lead character, Capt. Jack openly gay has got to be a first in TV Sci-Fi series.

yea you may be right....
You apparent didn't see the British episode where the Captain goes back in time to WWII and falls in love with the young lieutenant. It leaves no doubt as to his sexual orientation. This is one of the things I liked about the series. Characters are not what you expect. A character dies but is brought back to life. A good guy becomes a bad guy.

With so many of our Sci-Fi series, you know pretty much what's going to happen when you watch the first episode. Torchwood, at least the British version is different. I'm looking forward to seeing the American version.

Having the lead character, Capt. Jack openly gay has got to be a first in TV Sci-Fi series.

yea you may be right....
You apparent didn't see the British episode where the Captain goes back in time to WWII and falls in love with the young lieutenant. It leaves no doubt as to his sexual orientation. This is one of the things I liked about the series. Characters are not what you expect. A character dies but is brought back to life. A good guy becomes a bad guy.

With so many of our Sci-Fi series, you know pretty much what's going to happen when you watch the first episode. Torchwood, at least the British version is different. I'm looking forward to seeing the American version.
i have seen all the Torchwoods.....i also saw Jack when he traveled with the 9th and 10th Doctors and he did not hide his Sexuality at that time either......he is defiantly Bi-Sexual.....

I didn't watch Firefly until they cancelled it,but I really liked it. watched it all on netflix then watched the movie. Why the hell do they keep cancelling good sci fi flicks? And the sci fi channel sucks big hairy ones. Nothing but computer generated graphics and REALLY bad actors.

Firefly was one of the great sci-fi westerns. Too bad it only made 1 season. I've got the entire series on DVD, along with Serenity.

Good to see that almost the whole cast was able to find other shows though.

Firefly was one of the great sci-fi westerns. Too bad it only made 1 season. I've got the entire series on DVD, along with Serenity.

yea i have watched Summer Glau in a couple of shows.....and Castle is a good show.....

yea i have watched Summer Glau in a couple of shows.....and Castle is a good show.....

I enjoy Castle. It's not spectacular, but certainly good enough to hold my attention. And Nathan Fillion plays the snide humor part very well.

I liked The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I wish they had kept it going. The Cape was bleh, I can see why that was cancelled. Dollhouse was pretty good, not Whedon's best, but I doubt I'll ever dislike a tv show he makes. Can't think of anything else Glau has done offhand.

Zoe was in Angel before Firefly for part of a season....can't think of where else I've seen her. Wash was also in Dollhouse. Kaylee and the Doc...might have had single-episode roles that I've seen, can't think of any atm. I don't remember seeing the shepherd anywhere else. I didn't get into the new version of V, which Morena Baccarin, Inara, has a big role in. Jayne is in Chuck, which I watched an episode or 2 of and it didn't grab my attention.

I find myself giving shows a chance if they have any previous Whedon actors in them. There's a new show, Necessary Roughness, which I have watched the first few episodes of. At first I just wondered if it was based on the movie. Then it turned out that one of the main characters is an actor from Buffy, and another is the guy that played Eggs on Trueblood. Nathan Fillion is what drew me to Castle.

And now I'm going to go look on IMDB and see what all the Firefly actors have been doing. :tongue:

There is a new one coming out but I already forgot the name of it. Its in this forum. Hunting Game or something like that.

Harry! That's just what I said after I saw the first episode. One of the reasons I like it because it is because it reminds me of Jericho.

The skitters face look like matured ETs.

I like the show but . . . . there's only 6 or 8 episodes this season. It got picked up for another season . . NEXT SUMMER . . .with only 10 episodes.

TNT is stupid. They have a good thing but will lose the audience because of length of season/time between seasons. They just cancelled Men of a Certain Age because they 'didn't get the audience numbers'. They did the same thing . . .6 or 10 episode seasons with uber long waits in-between. They are so duh.

Men got canceled?......say it aint so.....but you are right...... to long in between.....

they are doing the same thing with Sanctuary......

Yes it did. What total morons TPTB are. There's a movement to get another station to pick it up. It worked (sort of) for Jericho so you never know. If you're a Facebook user search 'saving Men of a Certain Age'.

On a bright note . . . you can pre-order season 5 of Dexter from Amazon for half price. :thup:

I enjoy Castle. It's not spectacular, but certainly good enough to hold my attention. And Nathan Fillion plays the snide humor part very well.

I liked The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I wish they had kept it going. The Cape was bleh, I can see why that was cancelled. Dollhouse was pretty good, not Whedon's best, but I doubt I'll ever dislike a tv show he makes. Can't think of anything else Glau has done offhand.

Zoe was in Angel before Firefly for part of a season....can't think of where else I've seen her. Wash was also in Dollhouse. Kaylee and the Doc...might have had single-episode roles that I've seen, can't think of any atm. I don't remember seeing the shepherd anywhere else. I didn't get into the new version of V, which Morena Baccarin, Inara, has a big role in. Jayne is in Chuck, which I watched an episode or 2 of and it didn't grab my attention.

I find myself giving shows a chance if they have any previous Whedon actors in them. There's a new show, Necessary Roughness, which I have watched the first few episodes of. At first I just wondered if it was based on the movie. Then it turned out that one of the main characters is an actor from Buffy, and another is the guy that played Eggs on Trueblood. Nathan Fillion is what drew me to Castle.

And now I'm going to go look on IMDB and see what all the Firefly actors have been doing. :tongue:

The main character, Dr. Dani Santino, is played by Callie Thorne . . who played Sheila Keefe on the now ended Rescue Me (the final season just started airing on FX last week). She was terrific on R.M. and she brings that same sass to N.R.

USA shows are usually kinda fluffy. Sometimes fluffy is exactly what's needed though.

Nathan Fillion is a hoot. I've been a fan of his since he was on the soap One Life to Live and he's terrific on Castle. He's just a funny, funny guy.

Last edited:
That was a nice twist last night, I must admit (falling skies). But I don't think the skitters were children of other beings. I think they were just a weaker race from another alien world. Maybe female since they seemed to "nest" and "cuddle" harnessed kids.
The tall gray beings..reminds me of Steven King's guys called The Grays.

I don't know, from what I understood, and we will find out more, is that all the skitters were once harnessed kids. even the ones protecting the newly harnessed kids, were probably kids once themselves. Even the young african kid isn't acting human anymore, only alien. I think these skitters are simply the slaves and the tall greys are the brains behind the op.

Forum List

Back