New Sci fi Shows

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
May 4, 2009
A Picturesque Apocalypse
Is anyone watching any of the recent sci fi shows that are out, or interested in any that are coming?

I've watched the first two episodes of the American version of Torchwood and enjoyed them. I had seen the very first episode of the Brit version and wasn't impressed, but never watched any more to see if it improved. I'm wondering, if this Starz version continues to be good, if I should go back and watch the first three British seasons.

I enjoyed the first episode of the new Sy-Fy show, Alphas. I will watch more and hope, as it seems to have the potential to be a very good show or a horrible one, depending on where they go with it. For anyone who doesn't know, it's about a group of people with (for want of a better term) super-powers who the government uses to help solve unusual crimes.

Along the same lines, FX is coming out with a show called Powers, based on a comic of the same name. As I understand it, it's about a couple of cops who investigate crimes by people with powers. I'm not sure if the cops also have any kind of powers. It's not far enough along, and I never read the comics, so I have no idea if it will be good, but it sounds interesting.

I love the sci fi genre, but the quality of shows is so widely hit-or-miss it can be frustrating. I really hope at least one of these shows can maintain high quality and enough ratings to entertain me for a few seasons!

I've been watching Falling Skies. It's pretty good.

I gotta start recording Falling Skies. Thanks for the reminder.

After Caprica was canceled in favor of a new show with different actors set slightly in Caprica's future I almost want to wait a season or two before getting into the new shows on sci fi. Hopefully Blood & Chrome is ok.

It hit me last night that the skitters on Falling skies are very similar to the head honcho business monster in Monsters Inc. :lol:

btw...is it just me that writes the epi as it happens? I KNEW that one guy was nefarious. The one that stole the kids so sneakily. I KNEW as soon as he showed up.
I watch the damn thing, but I already know whats going to happen before it happens. However, nothing else is on late night sunday tv.

I'm enjoying Falling Skies - plan to watch last night's version (DVRed) tonight.

I just hope it doesn't go all PC on us, as all to often happens once a series starts getting really good.

Is anyone watching any of the recent sci fi shows that are out, or interested in any that are coming?

I've watched the first two episodes of the American version of Torchwood and enjoyed them. I had seen the very first episode of the Brit version and wasn't impressed, but never watched any more to see if it improved. I'm wondering, if this Starz version continues to be good, if I should go back and watch the first three British seasons.

I enjoyed the first episode of the new Sy-Fy show, Alphas. I will watch more and hope, as it seems to have the potential to be a very good show or a horrible one, depending on where they go with it. For anyone who doesn't know, it's about a group of people with (for want of a better term) super-powers who the government uses to help solve unusual crimes.

Along the same lines, FX is coming out with a show called Powers, based on a comic of the same name. As I understand it, it's about a couple of cops who investigate crimes by people with powers. I'm not sure if the cops also have any kind of powers. It's not far enough along, and I never read the comics, so I have no idea if it will be good, but it sounds interesting.

I love the sci fi genre, but the quality of shows is so widely hit-or-miss it can be frustrating. I really hope at least one of these shows can maintain high quality and enough ratings to entertain me for a few seasons!

i watch Torchwood......the British one was usually a different thing every week.....the last Season about the Children being taken over by Aliens was really good.....it was 4 parts long.....Capt.Jack is an Immortal Time Cop from the 51st Century.....he was a Companion of Doctor Who for a while.....then was spun off....

Alphas was pretty good ill hang......

Eureka is a good one......

I've been watching Falling Skies. It's pretty good.

yea same here.....but there are a lot of Holes in the show....it kinda reminds me of Jericho with Aliens instead of Nuclear War.....

Harry! That's just what I said after I saw the first episode. One of the reasons I like it because it is because it reminds me of Jericho.

The skitters face look like matured ETs.

I like the show but . . . . there's only 6 or 8 episodes this season. It got picked up for another season . . NEXT SUMMER . . .with only 10 episodes.

TNT is stupid. They have a good thing but will lose the audience because of length of season/time between seasons. They just cancelled Men of a Certain Age because they 'didn't get the audience numbers'. They did the same thing . . .6 or 10 episode seasons with uber long waits in-between. They are so duh.

Harry! That's just what I said after I saw the first episode. One of the reasons I like it because it is because it reminds me of Jericho.

The skitters face look like matured ETs.

I like the show but . . . . there's only 6 or 8 episodes this season. It got picked up for another season . . NEXT SUMMER . . .with only 10 episodes.

TNT is stupid. They have a good thing but will lose the audience because of length of season/time between seasons. They just cancelled Men of a Certain Age because they 'didn't get the audience numbers'. They did the same thing . . .6 or 10 episode seasons with uber long waits in-between. They are so duh.

Men got canceled?......say it aint so.....but you are right...... to long in between.....

they are doing the same thing with Sanctuary......

I started watching the first episode of Falling Skies and didn't care for it. However, I didn't get too far into it, I don't think more than 30 minutes or so. It just came off as a bit too cliche if I remember correctly. Perhaps I'll give it another try.

If only, instead of making a movie, Joss Whedon had continued with Firefly as a series!

If only SyFy hadn't cancelled Farscape!

If only Lost hadn't gotten so ridiculous!

If only.....if only.....common theme with me and sci-fi shows. :tongue:

i watch Torchwood......the British one was usually a different thing every week.....the last Season about the Children being taken over by Aliens was really good.....it was 4 parts long.....Capt.Jack is an Immortal Time Cop from the 51st Century.....he was a Companion of Doctor Who for a while.....then was spun off....

Having the lead character, Capt. Jack openly gay has got to be a first in TV Sci-Fi series.

Noah Wylie activates my gag reflex.

He's always done that. It started with st. Elsewhere or whichever hospital show he was on. I can't see him without wanting to puke, then smack him.

I started watching the first episode of Falling Skies and didn't care for it. However, I didn't get too far into it, I don't think more than 30 minutes or so. It just came off as a bit too cliche if I remember correctly. Perhaps I'll give it another try.

If only, instead of making a movie, Joss Whedon had continued with Firefly as a series!

If only SyFy hadn't cancelled Farscape!

If only Lost hadn't gotten so ridiculous!

If only.....if only.....common theme with me and sci-fi shows. :tongue:

Farscape was Great ......i thought Lexx was a good one too.....

Having the lead character, Capt. Jack openly gay has got to be a first in TV Sci-Fi series.

yea you may be right....

I couldn't stand the british version of Torchwood. HOpe the American version is better.

I didn't watch Firefly until they cancelled it,but I really liked it. watched it all on netflix then watched the movie. Why the hell do they keep cancelling good sci fi flicks? And the sci fi channel sucks big hairy ones. Nothing but computer generated graphics and REALLY bad actors.

Forum List

Back