New Romney ad hits Obama on unemployment

R

rdean

Watching Morning Joe, they played the new Romney add. A lot of people laying in a field and then getting up with signs that said, "I'm not a bump in the road", referring to Obama saying that not every month would be good. There will be bumps in the road.

Then some pointed out that when Romney was gov, his state was 47th in job creation and while with Bain, Romney helped fire tens of thousands of Americans and ship their jobs to China.

Along with "Romneycare", should be interesting.

Watching Morning Joe, they played the new Romney add. A lot of people laying in a field and then getting up with signs that said, "I'm not a bump in the road", referring to Obama saying that not every month would be good. There will be bumps in the road.

Then some pointed out that when Romney was gov, his state was 47th in job creation and while with Bain, Romney helped fire tens of thousands of Americans and ship their jobs to China.

Ya pretty damn embarrassing that 47 still beats the Messiah's record.

Yeah....let's hear it, for the....

handjob.gif

....And, had to sacrifice....

....in-the-proce$$!!

325.gif

Yeah......he's one-of-us.​

How exactly does 47th in the country beat out 15 straight months of job growth?

I'm still waiting for that employment bill the Republicans promised

Oh wait....I saw it

cut taxes and wait for the jobs to trickle down

Oh wait....I saw it

When where taxes cut? If you are talking about the extension of the Bush tax cuts, that wasn't a tax cut, it was just a continuation of the same level of taxation as the 4 years before. Obama has never cut taxes, and never will.

Oh wait....I saw it

And we're still waiting on 8% unemployment, lower debt, job growth, GDP growth, stronger $, less wars, etc.

Oh wait....I saw it

When where taxes cut? If you are talking about the extension of the Bush tax cuts, that wasn't a tax cut, it was just a continuation of the same level of taxation as the 4 years before. Obama has never cut taxes, and never will.

He also provided $800 tax credit as part of stimulus. Obama was a coward for agreeing to extend the Bush tax cuts

It has added $2.5 trillion to our debt so far

I'm in favor of more unemployment, I'd unemploy the entire US Department of Education for starters

Being that education is a states rights issue and was never intended to be controlled by the federal government I would support that 100%. :clap2:
Maybe you hadn't heard, yet.

You got your (collective) White Trash asses KICKED, on that one....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9kT1yO4MGg]YouTube - ‪Segregation at All Costs: Bull Connor and the Civil Rights Movement‬‏[/ame]

:woohoo:

Oh wait....I saw it

And we're still waiting on 8% unemployment, lower debt, job growth, GDP growth, stronger $, less wars, etc.
Gee....you mean The Marketplace STILL hasn't come-thru, for you??

:eusa_eh:

Whatta surprise.​

"The President keeps talking about the economy being 'bad'. Now, things don't seem bad, but let's just hold off on any new hires until we see how this pans out. And, let's hold off on all non-vital purchases, just for the time being."

Regarding the letter Saturday that stated unemployment under President Barack Obama is the highest it has been since Jimmy Carter was in office ("What a time for Obama homeless plan"):

According to Department of Labor statistics, unemployment reached a high of 7.8 percent during President Carter's term of office (1977-81).

However, during Ronald Reagan's administration (1981-1989) the unemployment rate reached 10.8 percent in November and December of 1982.
In fact, there were 10 straight months that it was 10.1 percent or higher.

So, although unemployment has been high during Obama's term, it hasn't come close to matching Reagan's numbers yet. - Mike Wallace,Phoenix

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp3r_6S2Yl8&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Asking Mitt to explain 1994 dissing of Reagan‬‏[/ame]

Oh wait....I saw it

This would come as quite a surprise to every American who pays payroll taxes and the thousands of others who received about 300B in tax cuts as part of ARRA.

Oh wait....I saw it

If nothing was done, taxes would have been higher. Action was taken to lower taxes. Hence a tax cut. Spin it anyway you want, but Obama cut taxes mimicking the Bush tax cuts.

Oh wait....I saw it

The same level of taxation that hasn't done a thing to improve the unemployment situation.

Oh wait....I saw it

Why would anyone cut taxes when you carry $14.5 trillion in debt?

It would be like someone facing forclosure on their house and asking the boss if you could work part time

Oh wait....I saw it

Why would anyone cut taxes when you carry $14.5 trillion in debt?

It would be like someone facing forclosure on their house and asking the boss if you could work part time
Yeah....that almost sounds like something a C-student (who's Daddy bought him an MBA) would propose!!

6-11-11

"Whether a country has high taxes or low taxes would seem to be a straightforward question. Yet in the United States, the debate rages on.

This week, the Center For American Progress claimed a firm stake, creating 10 charts showing that in comparison both with other countries and its own history, the U.S. has low taxes.

Many disagree, and few more so than Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY).

101105+Cecil+Turtle.png

"We don’t have this problem because we tax too little," McConnell said in a press conference at the end of last May. "We have it because we spent too much.”

America; Low-Tax Country

Last edited:

Oh wait....I saw it

You are so right. Except for the more than 30% of the stimulus package that was "tax cuts", Obama has never cut taxes.:banghead:

Forum List

Back