New Richest Man in the World.

It also wouldn't hurt you to think about how many jobs we would have now in the absence of the capital provided by very wealthy people. If you think private employment is ugly now, replace this scenario with a low tech version in which we live like a shell shocked third world country.

Don't worry. If we continue on the same path of corporatism, we'll get there. It astounds me that anyone is ok with the concentration of wealth at the top and the fact that it is controlled by so few. That does not a healthy economy make. The American dream may not be dead, but its pulse is very low.
Have you ever really thought about who these rich people are how they got there?

Take Bill Gates for example. The guy was on the cutting edge of computer software 25 years ago and still is. His company has developed thousands of computer applications that, along with the hardware to run it, have enriched millions of lives. Doesn't someone who provides so much to society deserve to be rewarded? Who are you to determine just how much he's rewarded?

But most importantly, if the great reward for his company continuing to innovate in the industry wasn't there for him, do you expect that he would've kept going?

You know, I don't really give a shit that Gates is a billionaire. He can lose it all for all I care. What I care about is my family and myself and if we can become billionaires - great. I just want the opportunity and not have it taken away by pathetic losers who expect it to be given to them.

You act like we are the only country that makes millionaires and billionaires. Can you in the UK, France, Ireland, Germany? Now China? Yes. Guess which country had the most millionaires in 2007? It was Norway. Your family could become a millionaire anywhere. Who is asking to have anything given to them? Again, I am ready for your next talky point.
In Krones that's $170,477 here. Chickenfeed. Middle class Americans pay that in taxes.

Last edited:
Poor guy...probably has to pay too much taxes, too.

Amazes me how conservatives defend the filthy rich, and think they are so oppressed because they pay a lot of taxes, yet still have enough money to live like kings. Poor poor oppressed rich people. Unbelievable

You need 3 things to become rich. Drive, ambition, opportunity.

Look at this guy. It's awesome. He is a billionaire because of comic books.

"The new billionaires include American Isaac Perlmutter, who flipped Marvel Entertainment (MVL) to Disney (DIS) for $4 billion last December. The Spider-Man mogul netted nearly $900 million in cash and 20 million shares of Disney in the transaction."

Amazes me how conservatives defend the filthy rich, and think they are so oppressed because they pay a lot of taxes, yet still have enough money to live like kings. Poor poor oppressed rich people. Unbelievable

"The new billionaires include American Isaac Perlmutter, who flipped Marvel Entertainment (MVL) to Disney (DIS) for $4 billion last December. The Spider-Man mogul netted nearly $900 million in cash and 20 million shares of Disney in the transaction."

You forgot inheritance.

Much of Slim's wealth came from political connections, which allowed him to buy his media and other properties in a quasi-monopoly/oligopoly through the government.

Also, as I understand it, he hasn't given much to charity, and hasn't indicated that he will, unlike Gates and Buffett, who will be giving most of their fortunes away. However, I might be wrong on that.

Yeah! Those poor put-upon American millionaires and billionaires. I just love reading stories about this while watching the devastation of regular working-class people in the last 4 years... hundreds of thousands of which lost their jobs and homes. Warm fuzzies all around...

It wouldn't hurt you to think about how many jobs are financed by millionaires and billionaires.

Just sayin'.

derrr just sayin...

most jobs in the US come from small enterprises whose principals wont make the FORBES 500,000, moreover the 500. the demands of these businesses and their owners are very different than larry ellison's such that there is massive room to point out the separation of wealth. you claim that jobs are welfare from the uber-rich, rather than the cooperation of the community -- shows what you know.

I think I'll have a better chance of being a billionaire because I'll work for it; you, on the other hand, will expect it redistributed to you.

*rolls eyes* and can we have the next talking point PLEASE!

Sure thing...

"The Democrats want to take their healthcare bill (containing mandatory death panels) and want to cram it, ram it, shove it, and thrust it down the throat of America."

That is the problem with the right wing, they have this idea that one day they will be millionaires and have to pay higher taxes. When in reality they will work hard all their lives for the actual millionaires, and will protect them every chancey they get, but will never become that rich themselves.

Forum List

Back