New Retirement Plan

SFC Ollie

Still Marching
Oct 21, 2009
Extreme East Ohio
Think about this!

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have only $49.00 today!

If you purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG, you would only have $33.00 today.

If you purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers, you would have $0.00 today.

BUT, if you purchased $1,000 worth of beer, drank all the beer, turned in the aluminum cans for recycling, you would have $214.00

Therefore the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle.

It is called the 401-Keg Plan!

Think about this!

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have only $49.00 today!

If you purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers, you would have $0.00 today.

BUT, if you purchased $1,000 worth of beer, drank all the beer, turned in the aluminum cans for recycling, you would have $214.00

I have been on this plan for years :thup:

Think about this!

The bad news is they will start taxing it at 35% starting 1 January 2013.............

Think about this!

The bad news is they will start taxing it at 35% starting 1 January 2013.............

NNNNOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo..............

This sort of fits in here. It's an oldie but still a goodie...................

WAL-MART SENIOR GREETER

You just have to appreciate this one. Young people forget that old people often have had a career before they retired ......
walmart-greeter.jpg

Charley, a new retiree-greeter at Wal-Mart, just couldn't seem to get to work on time.
Every day he was 5, 10, 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, really tidy, clean-shaven, sharp-minded and a real credit to the company and obviously demonstrating their "Older Person Friendly" policies.
One day the boss called him into the office for a talk.
"Charley, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic, you do a bang-up job when you finally get here; but your being late so often is quite bothersome."
"Yes, I know boss, and I am working on it."
"Well good, you are a team player. That's what I like to hear."
"Yes sir, I understand your concern and I'll try harder."
Seeming puzzled, the manager went on to comment, "It's odd though your coming in late. I know you're retired from the Armed Forces. What did they say to you there if you showed up in the morning so late and so often?"
The old man looked down at the floor, then smiled.
He chuckled quietly, then said with a grin,
"They usually saluted and said, 'Good morning, Admiral, can I get your coffee, sir?'"

images

Forum List

Back