New Republican Gov not fond of non-Christians

I have no problem if you disagree with him. Or if you think he is wrong. I certainly disagree with him. Being non-Christian doesnt make anyone less my brother.

It's the making crap up beyond what he said that I have problems with. Maybe it's just the defense attorney in me, but I dislike false accusations.

I'm not railing against them, I'm railing against homosexual behavior and I never said they were worthless examples of humans. I'm against all forms of sinful sexual behaviors being glorified and accepted, I'm not against the people.

Matthew 5:27-30 - PassageLookup - New International Version, ©2010 - BibleGateway.com

27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[a] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

So how many limbs do you have left Charlie?

And by your "railing" against them you are being intolerant.

So if I told a gay person he was a worthless example of a human being because he was gay but then offered to go have a beer with him that would not be intolerant?

I'm not railing against them, I'm railing against homosexual behavior and I never said they were worthless examples of humans. I'm against all forms of sinful sexual behaviors being glorified and accepted, I'm not against the people.

There is a difference between being glorified and being accepted.

there is something in the bible about let he who is free of sin cast the first stone. Or something like that.

Yes there is a difference, but as a Christian I'm not supposed to accept sinful behavior nor am I supposed to glorify it nor promote it as "good."

I have no problem if you disagree with him. Or if you think he is wrong. I certainly disagree with him. Being non-Christian doesnt make anyone less my brother. .

That's the point I'm trying to drive home here.

Matthew 5:27-30 - PassageLookup - New International Version, ©2010 - BibleGateway.com

27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[a] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

So how many limbs do you have left Charlie?

I love my wife and yes, I have looked at other women but not with thoughts and intent of lust.

''I was elected as a Republican candidate. But once I became governor ... I became the governor of all the people. I intend to live up to that. I am color blind," Bentley said in a short speech given about an hour after he took the oath of office as governor.

Then Bentley, who for years has been a deacon at First Baptist Church in Tuscaloosa, gave what sounded like an altar call.

"There may be some people here today who do not have living within them the Holy Spirit," Bentley said. ''But if you have been adopted in God's family like I have, and like you have if you're a Christian and if you're saved, and the Holy Spirit lives within you just like the Holy Spirit lives within me, then you know what that makes? It makes you and me brothers. And it makes you and me brother and sister."

Bentley added, ''Now I will have to say that, if we don't have the same daddy, we're not brothers and sisters. So anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother."

:lol:

Gov.-elect Robert Bentley intends to be governor over all, but says only Christians are his 'brothers and sisters' | al.com

OP thread title is a lie.

There's nothing here that shows he doesn't like non-Christians. In fact, he specifically says he wants to be their brother.

Dumbass.

I have no problem if you disagree with him. Or if you think he is wrong. I certainly disagree with him. Being non-Christian doesnt make anyone less my brother.

It's the making crap up beyond what he said that I have problems with. Maybe it's just the defense attorney in me, but I dislike false accusations.

He's referring to being brothers & sisters in Christ.

It's an exclusive relationship limited to those who are saved.

It doesn't imply a lack of consideration or love for the non-saved, and he pretty clearly states that.

Funny. After reading that it's clear that there is no evidence that he isn't fond of non-Christians. Quite the opposite. He is actively reaching out to them.

Not very surprised that people are lying about them. I mean how dare he invite others to be Christian. The audacity of actually practicing what he preaches.
That's actually a bit unconstitutional...using his public office to convert people to Christianity. :eusa_eh:

Not unconstitutional if all he does is give a speech like the one in the OP and doesn't act on it in any way, he has the right to speak like everybody else. But politically it's incredibly naive not to know if he's giving a political speech he is acting in his political capacity - and somebody's going to feel alienated when he tells them to get saved or not be his "brother" or "sister". What's left to do but watch him like a hawk to make sure he treats those who don't have his "daddy" the same as those who do?
He has the right to speak, I agree...but in an official capacity he does not have the right to seek converts. Was he in an official capacity during that speech? :eusa_eh:

I have no problem if you disagree with him. Or if you think he is wrong. I certainly disagree with him. Being non-Christian doesnt make anyone less my brother. .

That's the point I'm trying to drive home here.

No. You're trying to claim he said that he doesn't love non-believers. That is a lie. That's not what he said. You're incorrectly extrapolating that from what he said. Which is the exact opposite of what he was actually saying.

Just because he doesn't think they are his brothers and sisters doesn't mean he hates them. Quite the contrary the fact that he is inviting them to become his brothers and sisters says otherwise.

Nor does it mean that he treats them badly. Nor that he wouldnt help them as his neighbor.

There is a far cry from disagreeing that nonbelievers are his brothers and sisters and your accusation that he doesn't love his neighbor.

It doesn't imply a lack of consideration or love for the non-saved, and he pretty clearly states that.

Galatians 3:28.

Passage: Galatians 3:28 (ESV Bible Online)

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave [1] nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

''I was elected as a Republican candidate. But once I became governor ... I became the governor of all the people. I intend to live up to that. I am color blind," Bentley said in a short speech given about an hour after he took the oath of office as governor.

Then Bentley, who for years has been a deacon at First Baptist Church in Tuscaloosa, gave what sounded like an altar call.

"There may be some people here today who do not have living within them the Holy Spirit," Bentley said. ''But if you have been adopted in God's family like I have, and like you have if you're a Christian and if you're saved, and the Holy Spirit lives within you just like the Holy Spirit lives within me, then you know what that makes? It makes you and me brothers. And it makes you and me brother and sister."

Bentley added, ''Now I will have to say that, if we don't have the same daddy, we're not brothers and sisters. So anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother."

:lol:

Gov.-elect Robert Bentley intends to be governor over all, but says only Christians are his 'brothers and sisters' | al.com

OP thread title is a lie.

There's nothing here that shows he doesn't like non-Christians. In fact, he specifically says he wants to be their brother.

Dumbass.
But only if they become Christians...

Galatians 3:28.

Passage: Galatians 3:28 (ESV Bible Online)

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave [1] nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

That verse doesnt really support your claim because it's specifically talking about those who are disciples of Christ.

That's actually a bit unconstitutional...using his public office to convert people to Christianity. :eusa_eh:

Not unconstitutional if all he does is give a speech like the one in the OP and doesn't act on it in any way, he has the right to speak like everybody else. But politically it's incredibly naive not to know if he's giving a political speech he is acting in his political capacity - and somebody's going to feel alienated when he tells them to get saved or not be his "brother" or "sister". What's left to do but watch him like a hawk to make sure he treats those who don't have his "daddy" the same as those who do?

Funny how people support GOP retards putting religion in their politics when its "Christianity" but if a Muslim governor did the same you'd hear all kinds of Islamophobic tirades, Republitards can't have it both ways.

shut up troll

No. You're trying to claim he said that he doesn't love non-believers. That is a lie. That's not what he said. You're incorrectly extrapolating that from what he said. Which is the exact opposite of what he was actually saying.

Just because he doesn't think they are his brothers and sisters doesn't mean he hates them. Quite the contrary the fact that he is inviting them to become his brothers and sisters says otherwise.

Nor does it mean that he treats them badly. Nor that he wouldnt help them as his neighbor.

There is a far cry from disagreeing that nonbelievers are his brothers and sisters and your accusation that he doesn't love his neighbor.

You're automatically assuming that a lack of love means hate. It could just be a lack of love. Saying that someone isn't your brother and sister because they are a non-believer is a false argument. He's willing to invite them to being something that they should already be.

He's willing to love them as brothers and sisters, if they convert. I don't believe Jesus ever said he'd only love all of his children, if they all converted to believing in what he said.

I love my wife and yes, I have looked at other women but not with thoughts and intent of lust.

So you've never had strong thoughts about another woman before? :eusa_eh:

Before I was married, yes and before I was saved, yes. As a married man, no, I can look at a woman say she's fine looking or good looking to the eye without having lust for the flesh, simply looking isn't adultery.

@uscitizen

People sometimes take Jesus' words about not casting a stone out of context, Jesus spoke those words because he knew he was dealing with hypocritical Pharisees and knew they were tempting Him with evil when they brought that woman forth for stoning.

You're automatically assuming that a lack of love means hate. It could just be a lack of love. Saying that someone isn't your brother and sister because they are a non-believer is a false argument. He's willing to invite them to being something that they should already be.

He's willing to love them as brothers and sisters, if they convert. I don't believe Jesus ever said he'd only love all of his children, if they all converted to believing in what he said.

point to where he said he loves his brothers or sisters more...or that he loves the non brothers/sisters less....

thanks

You're correct that apathy could be an option as well. But it doesn't matter. Because you have no evidence to make your "He doesn't love nonbelievers" claim. Nor does the OP have evidence to support that he isn't fond of nonbelievers.

Face it. Your accusation that he has no love for non-Christians is unfounded.

point to where he said he loves his brothers or sisters more...or that he loves the non brothers/sisters less....

thanks

Point to where he says he loves his brothers and sisters just as much as he does his non-brother and non-sisters. Thanks.

See? It can go both ways. You're missing the point anyway.

He's willing to invite them to be something they should already be in the first place. On top of that, his love as considering them brothers and sisters is constricted to whether or not they convert. What kind of love is that? Is that a healthy kind of love?

Forum List

Back