New Republican Gov not fond of non-Christians

You didn't answer the question.

You actually think you are going to engage me in your sideline tactic? Why should I answer your question when you are simply engaging in a design or worse a question predicated on your lack of comprehension?

You read my posting again, kiddo. And read it again until you get it.

I do understand it.

Nice diversionary tactic. It won't work on me, though, newbie.

Otay, one more time on a level you understand.

I -- answered -- your -- question.

You just don't like the answer. Too bad.

So...he was out of line because he was speaking in a phony church?

I'm not in Kansas anymore...this is officially over the rainbow crap.

No, you are out in la-la land. My posting was specifically about what the "Deacon" said and the implications.

I tend to doubt you'd even be welcome to chase your rainbow even in Kansas. They are about kooked out there.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/151686-whats-with-all-the-weird-newbies.html

Psst...your superior attitude won't wash here. I don't know what you're used to, but you can "hey you" and "kiddo" all day and night, and people still won't think you're anything special.

Last edited:
So...he was out of line because he was speaking in a phony church?

I'm not in Kansas anymore...this is officially over the rainbow crap.

No, you are out in la-la land. My posting was specifically about what the "Deacon" said and the implications.

I tend to doubt you'd even be welcome to chase your rainbow even in Kansas. They are about kooked out there.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/151686-whats-with-all-the-weird-newbies.html

Psst...your superior attitude won't wash here. I don't know what you're used to, but you can "hey you" and "kiddo" all day and night, and people still won't think you're anything special.

I really liked the listen you he tried on me. It told me that everything else in that post was going to be really stupid, and it exceeded my expectations.

I must be tired, I usually don't openly mock idiots unless I am responding to their posts.

Why was he invited to speak at the church? More than likely because he is the governor of the state and the event at the church was to commemorate MLK on MLK Day (a national holiday).

So, yeah...it is an official capacity.

Has anyone noted that Gov. Bentley has apologized for his remarks:

Bentley acknowledged in his apology that his comments may have come across as exclusive.

"I do not want to be harmful to others. And I will die if I have to defend someone else's right to worship as they choose," he stated.

Barrett Duke, vice president for public policy of Southern Baptist Ethics and Religious Liberties Commission, praised Bentley for his apology.

Duke explained that Bentley’s gaff can be attributed to his newness to politics.

“Here’s a man who is leaning on what it means to be a public service figure,” he noted

Ala. Governor Apologizes for Controversial Christian Remarks | Christianpost.com

He didn't lose any political sway in Alabama over his remarks. If anything, it garnered him more support. Sure, there was some backlash, and some attention was given to those groups who were concerned, but in the end, this is Alabama. We are overwhelmingly Christians, and having an openly devout Christian as Governor who gets in his own way now and then is nothing new here. All of our Governors have been openly devout Christians, and all of them will be for quite a few generations to come.

We know Dr. Bentley, and we understood what he was saying. We also understood that he was not excluding anyone or any faith from his representation and service, only reaffirming his strong Christian beliefs and sharing them with a crowd of like-minded constituents. We can see where some people could have taken offense. Knowing the man, we can also see that they shouldn't be concerned, that they have misconstrued his intentions.

I would suggest that those of you offended by his remarks not vote for him.

How is inviting non-believers to join the family of believers judgemental?

The majority of Christians DO act and talk like that, exactly like that.

well lets see......"im saved your not".....does that sum it up?.....

and no the vast majority of Christians MAY agree with the guy....but the majority dont say stuff like that to the people around them unless asked.....im sorry Allie i have run into "Christians" who talk like this guy.....without being asked.....and the minute you say what he said,like they usually say it.....your being judgemental....

If you did not say that he cannot say that as a governor, I apologize. I am not going to go back through the thread to prove you wrong because it is quite possible I am simply lumping you in with everyone else.

accepted Quantum.....and quit lumping me....:lol:

But lumping people makes life so much easier. Isn't that why you are lumping the governor with all those self righteous Christians, isn't it easier than figuring out if he is actually sincere?

hey im sorry.....when hear a "Christian" say those magic words about how he is right there with Jesus.....and well you.....sorry.....the only being that has ever lived that can make that statement about who is there... is Christ himself......now a Christian that says....."hey well you know,Jesus said that if you".....as compared to the one who says ..."well i have accepted Christ so i know i am there ...you ....sorry"....it takes somewhat more than just saying i have accepted Christ.....and its a turnoff to most who hear this shit from those like that....plus how many times have we seen those who say they have accepted Christ and are going to be there with Christ....how many times do we find out how dam Hypercritical they are in what they do?....bottom line, i dont trust or like anyone who has put themselves in the Kingdom while saying your not in.....like i said, only one being can make that decision.....lots of those types of Christians are going to be shocked when perhaps the door closes in their face for being Judgemental self Righteous Hypocrites....

One more time: call me when you can talk about individuals, rather than just tarring everyone with your "people like him" broad brush, BIGOT.

how i am TARRING everyone ......have i not said a few times...Christians who have this guys mindset,the holier than thou thing?.....the Majority of People who are "Christians" dont act or talk like that.....you Cecilie are the one frothing at the mouth......and for a caring loving Christian very hurtful......no wonder there were Holy Wars....
i still dont see what you think was so wrong in what he said given the context and the event in question

its what he said Dive.....not where he said it.....i dont like those who feel that they are accepted by Christ and unless you believe like me ....your fucked....if there is a God there can only be ONE TRUE Religion out of all the ones out there.....everything else is a deviation from the original thoughts from Christ and his Apostles......so how do i know that what this guy believes is it?....how does he know?....what gives him the right to say that he is accepted and i am not,unless i come over to his brand of religion?.....can not a Muslim feel the same way?.....a Catholic?....a Jew?......the Religious World is just as screwed up as the Political world....

how i am TARRING everyone ......have i not said a few times...Christians who have this guys mindset,the holier than thou thing?.....the Majority of People who are "Christians" dont act or talk like that.....you Cecilie are the one frothing at the mouth......and for a caring loving Christian very hurtful......no wonder there were Holy Wars....
i still dont see what you think was so wrong in what he said given the context and the event in question

its what he said Dive.....not where he said it.....i dont like those who feel that they are accepted by Christ and unless you believe like me ....your fucked....if there is a God there can only be ONE TRUE Religion out of all the ones out there.....everything else is a deviation from the original thoughts from Christ and his Apostles......so how do i know that what this guy believes is it?....how does he know?....what gives him the right to say that he is accepted and i am not,unless i come over to his brand of religion?.....can not a Muslim feel the same way?.....a Catholic?....a Jew?......the Religious World is just as screwed up as the Political world....

Kind of makes you feel like an Infidel, doesn't it? Maybe you could stop to think that what you are at war with, as many of us are, is a part of Human Nature, in conflict with a higher truth? We all matter. Each and every one. ;)

Kind of makes you feel like an Infidel, doesn't it? Maybe you could stop to think that what you are at war with, as many of us are, is a part of Human Nature, in conflict with a higher truth? We all matter. Each and every one. ;)

:eusa_eh:

:eusa_hand:

Even rdean?

Funny. After reading that it's clear that there is no evidence that he isn't fond of non-Christians. Quite the opposite. He is actively reaching out to them.

Not very surprised that people are lying about them. I mean how dare he invite others to be Christian. The audacity of actually practicing what he preaches.
It's not his duty as governor to recruit christians.

Funny. After reading that it's clear that there is no evidence that he isn't fond of non-Christians. Quite the opposite. He is actively reaching out to them.

Not very surprised that people are lying about them. I mean how dare he invite others to be Christian. The audacity of actually practicing what he preaches.
It's not his duty as governor to recruit christians.
can you prove he was acting in his office for this speech/sermon?

Why was he invited to speak at the church? More than likely because he is the governor of the state and the event at the church was to commemorate MLK on MLK Day (a national holiday).

So, yeah...it is an official capacity.

That is possible. It is also possible that, because of his long association with his local church and the fact that he is a deacon, he was invited to speak as a Christian.

accepted Quantum.....and quit lumping me....:lol:

But lumping people makes life so much easier. Isn't that why you are lumping the governor with all those self righteous Christians, isn't it easier than figuring out if he is actually sincere?

hey im sorry.....when hear a "Christian" say those magic words about how he is right there with Jesus.....and well you.....sorry.....the only being that has ever lived that can make that statement about who is there... is Christ himself......now a Christian that says....."hey well you know,Jesus said that if you".....as compared to the one who says ..."well i have accepted Christ so i know i am there ...you ....sorry"....it takes somewhat more than just saying i have accepted Christ.....and its a turnoff to most who hear this shit from those like that....plus how many times have we seen those who say they have accepted Christ and are going to be there with Christ....how many times do we find out how dam Hypercritical they are in what they do?....bottom line, i dont trust or like anyone who has put themselves in the Kingdom while saying your not in.....like i said, only one being can make that decision.....lots of those types of Christians are going to be shocked when perhaps the door closes in their face for being Judgemental self Righteous Hypocrites....

Almost true.

A lot of people who say things like that have no idea what it means, and there is a small percentage of them that are not only ignorant, but actively hypocritical. You, however, are wrong in saying that only one who can say if they are with Jesus is Jesus.

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:" Rom 8:16

I personally do not know the man, and have no idea how sincere he is. I have noticed that he has a lot of friends that have spoken up in his defense, and that tells me something about his character. He has also apologized, and said he did not mean to be exclusive. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he gives me a reason to think he is not trustworthy, or a hypocrite.

I can understand your personal reaction, and your unwillingness to do the same, but you should realize that there are Christians that are sincere, and they are not exclusive. They are not perfect either, and they know it.

You, however, are wrong in saying that only one who can say if they are with Jesus is Jesus.

thats true.. anyone can say they are with Christ.....but if he does not have your name written in his "Book Of Life"....then you aint with him.....and only HE has the pen for that....and a hell of a lot of people who go around saying how they are saved.....just dont know if they are...do they?....

You, however, are wrong in saying that only one who can say if they are with Jesus is Jesus.

thats true.. anyone can say they are with Christ.....but if he does not have your name written in his "Book Of Life"....then you aint with him.....and only HE has the pen for that....and a hell of a lot of people who go around saying how they are saved.....just dont know if they are...do they?....

I think I already agreed with you about that.

Forum List

Back