New Republican Gov not fond of non-Christians

Funny. After reading that it's clear that there is no evidence that he isn't fond of non-Christians. Quite the opposite. He is actively reaching out to them.

Not very surprised that people are lying about them. I mean how dare he invite others to be Christian. The audacity of actually practicing what he preaches.
That's actually a bit unconstitutional...using his public office to convert people to Christianity. :eusa_eh:

Funny. After reading that it's clear that there is no evidence that he isn't fond of non-Christians. Quite the opposite. He is actively reaching out to them.

Not very surprised that people are lying about them. I mean how dare he invite others to be Christian. The audacity of actually practicing what he preaches.
That's actually a bit unconstitutional...using his public office to convert people to Christianity. :eusa_eh:

There is no evidence of him using his office to convert anyone. Nor does anyone doing so magically create a state religion.

Is there any evidence that he hasn't or is acting in anyway contrary to it?

Thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself. It's said several times throughout the new testament. Thy neighbor doesn't mean thy Christian neighbor.

I think you're selling him short

Like most xtians, he probably hates xtians who belong to a different xtian cult
Good point...apparently you have to be "saved" and not just an average Christian.

Hey Ravi :) I don't have much time, but will check back later..but I'm not sure what you mean, please?

Because if we are Christians, then we believe the Word of God, right? (Because Jesus IS the Word God, made flesh) according to His Word... And there are many verses, but here's a couple...

And Jesus said...
"Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." -John 3:6-8

"They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
-Acts 16:31

His Word talking of being born again (saved) is He not? We are either saved, or we aren't, wouldn't you agree?

True, but politicians are not supposed to mix their religion with politics, politicians primary duty isn't to serve God its to serve man and jesus said man cannot serve God and mammon. he needs to follow the Bible and lead by example and maybe people will come to God, but he's no real Christian, only the members of the Church of Christ are real Christians.

Thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself. It's said several times throughout the new testament. Thy neighbor doesn't mean thy Christian neighbor.

Absolutely! Jesus was talked bad about for associating with "unsavory" types.

Whatever Jesus was or was not, he was a humanitarian.

Not unconstitutional if all he does is give a speech like the one in the OP and doesn't act on it in any way, he has the right to speak like everybody else. But politically it's incredibly naive not to know if he's giving a political speech he is acting in his political capacity - and somebody's going to feel alienated when he tells them to get saved or not be his "brother" or "sister". What's left to do but watch him like a hawk to make sure he treats those who don't have his "daddy" the same as those who do?

True, but he never told His disciples to follow and or imitate the sinful behavior of sinners and non-believers which some people confuse with intolerance today.

Not unconstitutional if all he does is give a speech like the one in the OP and doesn't act on it in any way, he has the right to speak like everybody else. But politically it's incredibly naive not to know if he's giving a political speech he is acting in his political capacity - and somebody's going to feel alienated when he tells them to get saved or not be his "brother" or "sister". What's left to do but watch him like a hawk to make sure he treats those who don't have his "daddy" the same as those who do?

Funny how people support GOP retards putting religion in their politics when its "Christianity" but if a Muslim governor did the same you'd hear all kinds of Islamophobic tirades, Republitards can't have it both ways.

True, but he never told His disciples to follow and or imitate the sinful behavior of sinners and non-believers which some people confuse with intolerance today.

Sorry but that statement confused me.

Of course he did not tell his deciples to follow ways he considered wrong. I do believe he told them to not shun those who did not believe as they did though.
He clearly believed in conversion by example not by coercion or force.

Again, I see no evidence he does otherwise. Quite the opposite.

Perhaps you can show me in the Bible where Jesus said he wouldn't love someone as much because they were a non-believer? Or where he treated someone different because they were a non-believer?

Perhaps you can show me in the Bible where Jesus said he wouldn't love someone as much because they were a non-believer? Or where he treated someone different because they were a non-believer?

Maybe you could show me how that's relevant to the discussion as the Governor didn't say he would love someone less because they were a non-believer.

Quite the opposite. He was inviting all people to be his brothers and sisters. Doesn't sound like someone who doesn't love people simply because they have different beliefs.

Sorry but that statement confused me.

Of course he did not tell his deciples to follow ways he considered wrong. I do believe he told them to not shun those who did not believe as they did though.
He clearly believed in conversion by example not by coercion or force.

True, so why do homosexuals believe that everyone who doesn't believe in, support and condone homosexual *BEHAVIOR* are intolerant homophobes? Most people who disagree with homosexual behavior for religious reasons don't shun gays.

Following or imitating someone who is committing "sinful" behavior and loving them despite "sinful" behavior is two entirely different things.

Actually, cosigning, imitating, and following sinful is anti to what the Bible teaches but when people like myself rail against those who engage in sinful behavior I'm called intolerant and homophobic. Some homosexuals believe for example that people are intolerant homophobes by default for believing homosexual behavior is sinful even though I don't believe in avoiding and not being around homosexuals.

And by your "railing" against them you are being intolerant.

So if I told a gay person he was a worthless example of a human being because he was gay but then offered to go have a beer with him that would not be intolerant?

He never said he would love them but on the other hand they cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven if they're living a sinful lifestyle, that point is made quite clear in the Bible.

Following or imitating someone who is committing "sinful" behavior and loving them despite "sinful" behavior is two entirely different things.

Actually, cosigning, imitating, and following sinful is anti to what the Bible teaches but when people like myself rail against those who engage in sinful behavior I'm called intolerant and homophobic. Some homosexuals believe for example that people are intolerant homophobes by default for believing homosexual behavior is sinful even though I don't believe in avoiding and not being around homosexuals.

So if I told a gay person he was a worthless example of a human being because he was gay but then offered to go have a beer with him that would not be intolerant?

I'm not railing against them, I'm railing against homosexual behavior and I never said they were worthless examples of humans. I'm against all forms of sinful sexual behaviors being glorified and accepted, I'm not against the people.

I'm not railing against them, I'm railing against homosexual behavior and I never said they were worthless examples of humans. I'm against all forms of sinful sexual behaviors being glorified and accepted, I'm not against the people.

There is a difference between being glorified and being accepted.

there is something in the bible about let he who is free of sin cast the first stone. Or something like that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back