New Republican Gov not fond of non-Christians

Funny. After reading that it's clear that there is no evidence that he isn't fond of non-Christians. Quite the opposite. He is actively reaching out to them.

Not very surprised that people are lying about them. I mean how dare he invite others to be Christian. The audacity of actually practicing what he preaches.

If he had said that he cannot consider non-Muslims to be his brothers and sisters while inviting all non-Muslims to become a member of Islam I doubt you would be reacting the same way.

''I was elected as a Republican candidate. But once I became governor ... I became the governor of all the people. I intend to live up to that. I am color blind," Bentley said in a short speech given about an hour after he took the oath of office as governor.

Then Bentley, who for years has been a deacon at First Baptist Church in Tuscaloosa, gave what sounded like an altar call.

"There may be some people here today who do not have living within them the Holy Spirit," Bentley said. ''But if you have been adopted in God's family like I have, and like you have if you're a Christian and if you're saved, and the Holy Spirit lives within you just like the Holy Spirit lives within me, then you know what that makes? It makes you and me brothers. And it makes you and me brother and sister."

Bentley added, ''Now I will have to say that, if we don't have the same daddy, we're not brothers and sisters. So anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother."

:lol:

Gov.-elect Robert Bentley intends to be governor over all, but says only Christians are his 'brothers and sisters' | al.com

This guy is a retards and the problem thats so prevalent amongst Republitards and GOPers, they can't focus strictly on politics and instead bring their religion into the fray, something that will alienate people. I'm a Christian myself and would like nothing more than to see everyone get saved, which is why I could never be a politician because they don't save souls they sell souls.

I presume this is more of your conservative rhetoric?

No, its actually Christian talk and keeping in tune with the Bible, that govenor certainly wasn't spewing "conservative" rhetoric.

If he were a true capitalistic conservative he would open the field for compteition. Prove that his religious product is better as opposed to wanting to eliminate the competition by other means.

Ohh wait that is current US capitalistic procedure ;)

Funny. After reading that it's clear that there is no evidence that he isn't fond of non-Christians. Quite the opposite. He is actively reaching out to them.

Not very surprised that people are lying about them. I mean how dare he invite others to be Christian. The audacity of actually practicing what he preaches.

If he had said that he cannot consider non-Muslims to be his brothers and sisters while inviting all non-Muslims to become a member of Islam I doubt you would be reacting the same way.

Why would I act any different? He hasnt given up his right to free speech or free exercise of religion simply because he is the governor? He hasnt said he doesn't care about them. He hasnt said he is going to conduct the government different because of anyone's faith.

Changing the religion doesnt change the fact that the claim in the original post was a lie.

If he were a true capitalistic conservative he would open the field for compteition. Prove that his religious product is better as opposed to wanting to eliminate the competition by other means.

Ohh wait that is current US capitalistic procedure ;)

Where is he doing otherwise?

He has plenty of time to invite people to be Christian when he is not speaking as Governor of his state in his official capacity. There is a time and place for everything, telling people they must accept Christ and be saved by whatever his definition may be in order for him to consider them a "brother" or "sister" takes on a very different tone from the Governor's seat of secular power than it does from the pulpit, or even his living room. If he doesn't understand that, he should.

''I was elected as a Republican candidate. But once I became governor ... I became the governor of all the people. I intend to live up to that. I am color blind," Bentley said in a short speech given about an hour after he took the oath of office as governor.

Then Bentley, who for years has been a deacon at First Baptist Church in Tuscaloosa, gave what sounded like an altar call.

"There may be some people here today who do not have living within them the Holy Spirit," Bentley said. ''But if you have been adopted in God's family like I have, and like you have if you're a Christian and if you're saved, and the Holy Spirit lives within you just like the Holy Spirit lives within me, then you know what that makes? It makes you and me brothers. And it makes you and me brother and sister."

Bentley added, ''Now I will have to say that, if we don't have the same daddy, we're not brothers and sisters. So anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their savior, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother."

:lol:

Gov.-elect Robert Bentley intends to be governor over all, but says only Christians are his 'brothers and sisters' | al.com

I think you're selling him short

Like most xtians, he probably hates xtians who belong to a different xtian cult
Good point...apparently you have to be "saved" and not just an average Christian.

Hey Ravi :) I don't have much time, but will check back later..but I'm not sure what you mean, please?

Because if we are Christians, then we believe the Word of God, right? (Because Jesus IS the Word God, made flesh) according to His Word... And there are many verses, but here's a couple...

And Jesus said...
"Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." -John 3:6-8

"They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
-Acts 16:31

His Word talking of being born again (saved) is He not? We are either saved, or we aren't, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:
Yeah that is what followers of Jesus wrote down that Jesus said.

Jesus seem to not write anything down himself. I wonder why?

More harm and hate is generated in the name of God then in any other human endeavor.

That is sadly true, but Jesus told us it would be so. He said,

Matthew 24:4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains. 9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

More harm and hate is generated in the name of God then in any other human endeavor.

Matthew 24:4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains. 9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Kinda leads me to conclude that Jesus would not approve of the plethora of religions/sects dedicated to him.

The Governor should read the bible more often though. Parable of the Good Samaritan would be a good start.

Luke Chapter 10

25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

30 And Jesus answering said, A certain [man] went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded [him], and departed, leaving [him] half dead.

31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked [on him], and passed by on the other side.

33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion [on him],

34 And went to [him], and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave [them] to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

Mark Chapter 12

31And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Kinda leads me to conclude that Jesus would not approve of the plethora of religions/sects dedicated to him.

Of course He wouldnt approve of His disciples being divided. He created One Church, One Faith, One Baptism.

ONe of my favorite parts of the Christian religion is The Golden rule.
As an atheist I do my best to live by this rule.
If we all did that the world would be a fantastic place.

Forum List

Back