New Report Shows Marijuana Arrests Unfairly Target Blacks

So that guy that doesn't work but sells pot.... hates authority, hates cops and hates working for "the man" is going to stop selling pot and start working a real job?

Ummmmm... doubt it. He will just lower the prices to make his pot worth the risk of not buying from government dealer.
There surely will be a some who do that. But unless the tax makes the price so high that the average user will be willing to risk being busted for evasion most will buy their pot from legitimate suppliers, which will operate much like liquor stores.

One distinct advantage to being able to buy marijuana from a legitimate source is the relative assurance of purity and consistent quality, a circumstance which is analogous to buying liquor from a legitimate liquor store as opposed to buying from a bootlegger during Prohibition. Back then there were unscrupulous bootleggers who concocted all sorts of makeshift booze known as "bathtub gin," some of which contained toxic substances such as ethylene (anti-freeze). The contemporary analogy to that is buying pot from a street dealer because a lot of bootleg weed is grown using toxic pesticides and growth-inducing hormones.

Also, if marijuana is legitimately produced and marketed the buyer will know exactly what he's getting in terms of variety and potency, much like buying booze from a liquor store. There are standards which are controlled by law. In the same way as one can choose between a fifth of Schenley or a fifth of Jack Daniels, a marijuana buyer will have a choice between an ounce of ordinary garden brown or an ounce of hydroponically grown indica sinsemilla.

You ever got high with a black dude?

They always start tripping and it's a bust.

You ever got high with a black dude?

They always start tripping and it's a bust.
Reactions to THC occur on a purely individual basis. I'm not aware of any ethnic influence on reaction.

The majority of users I'm familiar with react in a positive way, and that includes a few Black friends. They become tranquil, thoughtful, contemplative, sometimes quiet, sometimes happy, never hostile or unpleasant in the way of alcohol drunks.

I'm not sure what you mean by "tripping," so please be a bit more specific

Forum List

Back