New Report Confirms Global Cool Down

Your "indisputable fact" is thoroughly disputed by the facts, so any conclusion you draw is equally flawed.

What is madness? To have erroneous perceptions and to reason correctly from them.
- Voltaire

glob-jan-dec-pg.gif

The data we have since we had highly accurate temp readings from satellites says that the average temperature is the same today as it was over 30 years ago.

If you dont want to see that I cant help it man.

I have no pony in this show, i'm just relaying the information.

Have a nice being a jerk to people for no good reason

Well, since surface temps didn't support your claim that the average temp is the same today as 20 years ago, in typical CON$ervative fashion rather than admit that GOP hate radio deliberately misinformed you, you call ME a jerk for being better informed.

Here's the 30 year satellite data, tell me you see no warming trend either. :cuckoo:

Satellite_Temperatures.png

Incomplete...

usa-temp.gif

No warming...

The sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years and yet the ice continues to melt.

Why?

I'm just curious, what do you think caused the ice to melt 11 or 12 thousand years ago?

Fear of the eventual invention of the internal combustion engine! Fear yields heat.
Heat melts ice.

In other words, in case any of the libs have forgotten, it's all the fault of Karl Rove.

And man! Did he do a number on the dinosaurs or what?

The data we have since we had highly accurate temp readings from satellites says that the average temperature is the same today as it was over 30 years ago.

If you dont want to see that I cant help it man.

I have no pony in this show, i'm just relaying the information.

Have a nice being a jerk to people for no good reason

Well, since surface temps didn't support your claim that the average temp is the same today as 20 years ago, in typical CON$ervative fashion rather than admit that GOP hate radio deliberately misinformed you, you call ME a jerk for being better informed.

Here's the 30 year satellite data, tell me you see no warming trend either. :cuckoo:

Incomplete...

usa-temp.gif

No warming...

Again, in typical dishonest CON$ervative fashion, you attack claims about GLOBAL warming with a chart of the contiguous 48 states to feebly try to deceive an observant Cynic rather than admit you've been CONed by pros on GOP hate radio. And you call my global data "incomplete!" :cuckoo: See the first quote in my sig. LOL
It takes more than what fooled you to snooker a Cynic.

Last edited:
usa-temp.gif

No warming...

Ok, I'm not good with charts but it looks to me as if the temp goes up a wee bit then goes down a wee bit then goes back up again, and so on. But overall, it hovers close to a steady temp. It isn't climbing, climbing, climbing nor is it falling, falling, falling. It's . . . fluctuating within a small degree range. Isn't that what nature does?

Last edited:
usa-temp.gif

No warming...

Ok, I'm not good with charts but it looks to me as if the temp goes up a wee bit then goes down a wee bit then goes back up again, and so on. But overall, it hovers close to a steady temp. It isn't climbing, climbing, climbing nor is it falling, falling, falling. It's . . . fluctuating within a small degree range. Isn't that what nature does?

Maybe so, but what is obvious to the observant is it is not a GLOBAL chart.
A global chart shows the natural fluctuations in an overall warming trend.

global_temp1.jpg

1988 (9?) to 2008, lol:cuckoo::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gotcha - it is just as ludicrous to call Global Warming based upon a starting point in the 1970s when the earth was cooler, or the 1880s when the same.

You see, attempting to call for an earth temp norm baseline based upon 150 year record is ridiculous - and yet, that is exactly what the warmers are attempting to do.

And then when a similar tactic is utilized showing flat or declining temps, why such as yourself complain of the very method upon which the entire warming premise stands upon.

The most accurate recorded temps are those done via satellite, and we have those records since 1979 - a starting point when the earth was coming out of a cooling trend. Those same records indicate only marginal warming - and a decline during the last decade.

Facts are facts pard...

warm-cool-cropped.jpg

2008_warming_colordata.jpg

ahlbeck_2.gif

UAH-MSU, among the most accurate global temperature data set resources, shows another month of global cooling for June 2009.

When going back to 1979, when the far more accurate satellite data becomes available, we see only a very slight warming from then to now - and remember, 1979 represents a year when the earth was coming out of the oft-reported impending Ice Age that took hold in the junk-science media of that decade.

Now if you recall, 1998 was the poster child of the global warmers - an anomaly year that saw dramatic cooling to follow, with more subtle cooling in the proceeding years.

In essence, there has been no global warming in the last 30 years.

uah_jun09.png

And of course, the original post...

1988 (9?) to 2008, lol:cuckoo::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gotcha - it is just as ludicrous to call Global Warming based upon a starting point in the 1970s when the earth was cooler, or the 1880s when the same.

You see, attempting to call for an earth temp norm baseline based upon 150 year record is ridiculous - and yet, that is exactly what the warmers are attempting to do.

And then when a similar tactic is utilized showing flat or declining temps, why such as yourself complain of the very method upon which the entire warming premise stands upon.

The most accurate recorded temps are those done via satellite, and we have those records since 1979 - a starting point when the earth was coming out of a cooling trend. Those same records indicate only marginal warming - and a decline during the last decade.

BALONEY! Those starting points were not "chosen" because they were cool points, but because that's when that particular type of measurement began. It is you deniers who chose the most deliberately misleading cherry-picked starting points and ending points as well as using only USA data to discredit GLOBAL data for the sole purpose of deception because the COMPLETE data doesn't support your politics.

UAH-MSU, among the most accurate global temperature data set resources, shows another month of global cooling for June 2009.

When going back to 1979, when the far more accurate satellite data becomes available, we see only a very slight warming from then to now - and remember, 1979 represents a year when the earth was coming out of the oft-reported impending Ice Age that took hold in the junk-science media of that decade.

Now if you recall, 1998 was the poster child of the global warmers - an anomaly year that saw dramatic cooling to follow, with more subtle cooling in the proceeding years.

uah_jun09.png

So, as I stated previously . . . it looks to me as if the temp goes up a wee bit then goes down a wee bit then goes back up again, and so on. But overall, it hovers close to a steady temp. It isn't climbing, climbing, climbing nor is it falling, falling, falling. It's . . . fluctuating within a small degree range. Isn't that what nature does?

uah_jun09.png

So, as I stated previously . . . it looks to me as if the temp goes up a wee bit then goes down a wee bit then goes back up again, and so on. But overall, it hovers close to a steady temp. It isn't climbing, climbing, climbing nor is it falling, falling, falling. It's . . . fluctuating within a small degree range. Isn't that what nature does?

It looks more like it "hovers" close to a STEADILY RISING temp. Here is the same data with the rising trend line.

The measurements in the graph are atmospheric temperatures, not surface temperatures.

The troposphere could be cooling due to ozone depletion.

But that's not where the measurements are taken.

Do you do any reading at all?

Your reply is a perfect example of the first quote in my sig.

To reach the conclusion that the last decade was cooling in spite of the fact that surface temps were the highest of any decade since direct instrument measurement began, you have to dishonestly use the cooked Troposphere data from Ditto-Dopers Christy and Spencer.
Here's the real data, and don't give me that heat island crap unless you are prepared to explain why the oceans are warming for the last 100 years, which both you and Lieability ran from when challenged in another thread:
IOW, you're completely good with cherry picking your data....Even when that means suppressing contradictory data that comes from one of your favored sources, like the EPA.

Just keep this crap a-coming!! :lol:

Again, a perfect example of the first quote of my sig. It's your "suppressed" report that cherry-picks the data by comparing a short term high to a short term low rather than more honestly comparing highs to highs and lows to lows. Here's the uncooked long term Troposphere data that dishonest deniers like to cherry-pick over the short term.

30 Years is a Pin Drop... Actually, it's the Flea on a Dogs Ass on a Planet that is in a Solar System that is in the Pin Drop...

Again, how did we EVER Recover from the Great Dust Bowl?...

:)

peace...

Why's that thing Cut OFF 8 Years Ago?...

And what was the Technology Used 100 Years Ago for that Data as Compared to Today?...

While you are Researching that, let me Know what Effect the Concrete Jungle of New York has on Average Temperatures Compare to what that Land was 300 Years ago.

I'll be here.

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back