New Reply Limit

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
A certian-said user keeps replying. It frustrates me, because their reply makes ME reply. Then ANOTHER user will reply, and again, I have to reply. I can't stand it. With all the replies to all the threads, I get lost, and forget to reply to some threads I was participating in. Lets make a rule where no more than ONE person can reply per day, to a specific thread, mmmkay?

:p:

:2guns: :soul: :whip: :arabia: :cry: :cuckoo: :hitit:

-=d=- said:
A certian-said user keeps replying. It frustrates me, because their reply makes ME reply. Then ANOTHER user will reply, and again, I have to reply. I can't stand it. With all the replies to all the threads, I get lost, and forget to reply to some threads I was participating in. Lets make a rule where no more than ONE person can reply per day, to a specific thread, mmmkay?

Is

-=d=- said:

Lame. You take a legit point that was being addressed yesterday and try to turn it into a whining session. You often make comments, that as a mod, will intimidate other members. Why? Power going to your head? Mods should be above the fray and above childish antics. Otherwise, how can you moderate the other users?

I know, I just broke a "rule". So be it.

freeandfun1 said:
Lame. You take a legit point that was being addressed yesterday and try to turn it into a whining session. You often make comments, that as a mod, will intimidate other members. Why? Power going to your head? Mods should be above the fray and above childish antics. Otherwise, how can you moderate the other users?

I know, I just broke a "rule". So be it.

I make comments, as a mod, that INTIMIDATE people? Dude, I am the LEAST intimidating person I know. The ONLY 'moderator-intimidating' comments I make are to those who are breaking rules set forth by the Admin of this forum. (Note period) I NEVER during the course of a discussion 'put on my moderator hat' and use my board capabilities to intimidate or ortherwise threaten.

If You and others can't take a joke, pull the proverbial stick from your bums and lighten up.

GotZoom is not a moderator. HE laughed. (shrug) Maybe I intimidated him, forcing him to play along.

-=d=- said:

Got a problem? PM a Mod or Jim, works everytime. :rotflmao::rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Is mocking a legitimate thread by US Viking really an example that we want to follow? I'm curious if USViking thinks this really funny . Jim has so many PMs he doesn't have time to respond to all of them so don't expect any quick answers.

dilloduck said:
Is mocking a legitimate thread by US Viking really an example that we want to follow? I'm curious if USViking thinks this really funny . Jim has so many PMs he doesn't have time to respond to all of them so don't expect any quick answers.
Have any mods looked into the "mad poster" issue?
I too have noticed a healthy increase in posts.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Have any mods looked into the "mad poster" issue?
I too have noticed a healthy increase in posts.

Last I heard Jim said to wait it out and hope it was an isolated incident by said poster.

dilloduck said:

Fortunately, I don't post considering or even caring if my post will please 100% of the population of this board. If Viking thinks it's funny, it shows he's got the ability to make light of situations, and laugh at himself. If he doesn't...(shrug)...he should.

:D

dilloduck said:
Last I heard Jim said to wait it out and hope it was an isolated incident by said poster.

Not true. But discuss 'that' thread within the confines of 'that thread' please? :)

Forum List

Back