New Refuge

Agnapostate

Rookie
Sep 19, 2008
The Quake State
I'm not really "new" per se, but I never posted an introduction thread, and in light of my ban from PF, (and possible impending permaban), I'll be spending a lot more time here in the tradition of those who get banned from PF. I'll be here for the long haul...for better or worse. :cool:

• Banned
What was the last thing you said?

It wasn't for a post; it was for an apparent Terms of Service violation, though they didn't specify what it was. However, having gone back via proxy server and looked at my profile, it appears to have been my signature, (as it was deleted), which contained quotes from other users that made them look somewhat...nonsensical. Apparently, that's a TOS violation, though other users have done the same to me in the past without being banned. I also had the approval of the users that were quoted in my sig stated here and here.

At any rate, things have always been better here, and I'm hoping to stay here more often instead of there.

It wasn't for a post; it was for an apparent Terms of Service violation, though they didn't specify what it was. However, having gone back via proxy server and looked at my profile, it appears to have been my signature, (as it was deleted), which contained quotes from other users that made them look somewhat...nonsensical. Apparently, that's a TOS violation, though other users have done the same to me in the past without being banned. I also had the approval of the users that were quoted in my sig stated here and here.

At any rate, things have always been better here, and I'm hoping to stay here more often instead of there.

For me, it was a rocky start here, but I'm coming to really like the place and love and hate the people here. :razz:

Oh, and I like the fact that you can have a fucking (< that is so beautiful! :clap2:) huge avatar here compared to the pathetic little dimensions you're limited to on a lot of other forums.

Hi Agnapostate--

Welcome. I'm sorry to hear you were banned at PF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and I like the fact that you can have a fucking (< that is so beautiful! :clap2:) huge avatar here compared to the pathetic little dimensions you're limited to on a lot of other forums.

Oh I certainly appreciate the ability to use a well placed cuss word.
It's fucking amazing!
Hot damn and son of a bitch and all!
Plus? They've got awesome, awesome smilies here!
Is true!

I'd say the freedom here is challenged only by ArgueWithEveryone, but they're also infected with massive amounts of idiocy.

It all depends on what you want to do. I love that there is a writing forum--and that I've started a poetry thread.

I'm enjoying this forum quite a bit.

I've only been back a day, and I already have two new infractions from SexlessFlatulence. I don't think I'll be around much longer; it's obviously just a matter of target practice at this point.

While I believe that anyone paying for and running a board has every right to dictate the terms of service, to censor to their hearts content, I cannot really understand why anyone would reward them by posting there.

Oh I can understand, for example, if you're running a topic specific board, like knitting or something, but in a board devoted to discussions of the issues of the day?

Censorship seems to me, is the death of intellectual thought.

Forum List

Back