NEW Real Estate Sales Tax

Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it? That’s $3,800 on a $100,000 home etc. When did this happen? It’s in the healthcare bill.
SALES TAX TO GO INTO EFFECT 2013 (Part of HC Bill)
REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

So, this is "change you can believe in"?
Under the new health care bill - did you know that all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax? The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 (presumably after obama’s re-election) You can thank Nancy, Harry and Barack and your local Democrat Congressman for this one. If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes. Is this Hope & Change great or what? Does this stuff makes your November and 2012 votes more important?
Oh, you weren't aware this was in the obamacare bill? Guess what, you aren't alone. There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either (result of clandestine midnight voting for huge bills they've never read). AND, there are a few other surprises lurking.

obamasorryyet.jpg

The majority of liberals don't own homes so why would they care. More for the entitlements the government wants us on. Why doesn't Obama and Congress, realize we are out of money? I mean it just doesn't make financial sense.

Good job pulling some fake statistic out out of your ass. The majority of both liberals and conservatives don't own homes. There's no statistical difference between the two.

but i thought this was going to pay for itself due to the massive savings it would engender. that's what we were told anyway

Over the next twenty years or so. However, anyone with half a brain understands that there are start-up costs, especially when the government is going to take on a portion of the responsibilities.

and of course the taxes the gov. gets up front now and will for the next 3 years, will be put in some lock box where they will sit, collect a meager % of interest maybe 2-3% and be ready for use in 2014?
While the Bush Family's (back to) running-free?????? :confused:

Probably not......​

This meme has been debunked about 5,000 times. It's not a tax on real estate. It's a very limited capital gains tax applied to people with high incomes.

and it belongs in the health care bill because.......

Because it's on the revenue side of the ledger for the health care reform bill. I know 8 years of the Bush administration passing wholly unfunded programs and wars makes it hard to comprehend, but we used to pay for new programs with new revenue streams.

ahh, so it's bush's fault.

got it.

Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it? That’s $3,800 on a $100,000 home etc. When did this happen? It’s in the healthcare bill.
REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

Under the new health care bill - did you know that all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax? The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 (presumably after obama’s re-election) You can thank Nancy, Harry and Barack and your local Democrat Congressman for this one. If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes. Is this Hope & Change great or what? Does this stuff makes your November and 2012 votes more important?
Oh, you weren't aware this was in the obamacare bill? Guess what, you aren't alone. There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either (result of clandestine midnight voting for huge bills they've never read). AND, there are a few other surprises lurking.

obamasorryyet.jpg

The majority of liberals don't own homes.....
Lemme guess.......you've gotten an advanced-degree in Makin' Shit Up, from Annie "Bones" online-university????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nveiuLxc9Eo&feature=related]YouTube - Ann Coulter Is A Complete Idiot[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgSBhlw-o9E&p=9F5B5A25411482EE&playnext=1&index=34]YouTube - Letter to Ann Coulter[/ame]​

Because it's on the revenue side of the ledger for the health care reform bill. I know 8 years of the Bush administration passing wholly unfunded programs and wars makes it hard to comprehend, but we used to pay for new programs with new revenue streams.

ahh, so it's bush's fault.

got it.

yes, it's Bush's fault that he advocated for - and got - the largest expansion of the welfare state since LBJ without committing a dime to pay for it.

It's also his fault that he advocated for two wars without committing a dime to paying for them.

It's not his fault that the health care reform bill had both expense and revenues associated with it.

REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

obamasorryyet.jpg

The majority of liberals don't own homes.....
Lemme guess.......you've gotten an advanced-degree in Makin' Shit Up, from Annie "Bones" online-university????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nveiuLxc9Eo&feature=related]YouTube - Ann Coulter Is A Complete Idiot[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgSBhlw-o9E&p=9F5B5A25411482EE&playnext=1&index=34]YouTube - Letter to Ann Coulter[/ame]​

Kudos on the Henry Rollins video.

REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

obamasorryyet.jpg

The majority of liberals don't own homes so why would they care. More for the entitlements the government wants us on. Why doesn't Obama and Congress, realize we are out of money? I mean it just doesn't make financial sense.

The majority of wingnut asshats want a sales tax on everything.

This meme has been debunked about 5,000 times. It's not a tax on real estate. It's a very limited capital gains tax applied to people with high incomes.

Because these things need to be paid for. I know the "Pledge to America" doesn't take any of this into consideration, but the fact remains.

New tax laws are supposed to come out of the House Ways and Means Committee and Senate Finance, in stand-alone tax bills. They are not supposed to be tucked away on page 24,139 of a law about endangered species.

This was "hide the pea" bullshit. Let's not pretend elsewise.

And BTW, maybe to all of you this is "old news" but I had heard nothing whatsoever about it until get_involved's post. I bet I'm not alone in this.

Last edited:
Over the next twenty years or so. However, anyone with half a brain understands that there are start-up costs, especially when the government is going to take on a portion of the responsibilities.

and of course the taxes the gov. gets up front now and will for the next 3 years, will be put in some lock box where they will sit, collect a meager % of interest maybe 2-3% and be ready for use in 2014?

:rofl:

good one

This new tax is called a "Medicare tax". Three guesses as to why.

Great myth, sparky, Got any proof of this? Did the deficit Obama inherited demonstrate this little factoid for ya?

Great myth, sparky, Got any proof of this? Did the deficit Obama inherited demonstrate this little factoid for ya?

It's not a myth. It's a matter of historic record.

let's start with Medicare Part D, estimated to cost between 720B and 1.2T over ten years after passage.

What revenue stream was created within Medicare Part D to fund it? Hint: The answer is "none".

What revenue stream was created to pay for the Iraq war? Hint: The answer is none.

I want to state I have no idea if this exists but..........It would not shock me if somewhere in the Health Care bill or Cap and Tax there will be some government regulation that before someone can sell their house (providing the housing market turns around) they will have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars getting their house up to the new government standard of being "green friendly".......

It's not a myth. It's a matter of historic record.

let's start with Medicare Part D, estimated to cost between 720B and 1.2T over ten years after passage.

What revenue stream was created within Medicare Part D to fund it? Hint: The answer is "none".

What revenue stream was created to pay for the Iraq war? Hint: The answer is none.

Obama certainly didn't "inherit" what he's done to massively increase the deficit.

4506782746_82c1ec8959_z.jpg

And I do recall that he actually spent a great deal of timing campaigning to be President - nobody left it to him in a will against his will.

Forum List

Back