NEW Real Estate Sales Tax

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it? That’s $3,800 on a $100,000 home etc. When did this happen? It’s in the healthcare bill.
SALES TAX TO GO INTO EFFECT 2013 (Part of HC Bill)
REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

So, this is "change you can believe in"?
Under the new health care bill - did you know that all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax? The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 (presumably after obama’s re-election) You can thank Nancy, Harry and Barack and your local Democrat Congressman for this one. If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes. Is this Hope & Change great or what? Does this stuff makes your November and 2012 votes more important?
Oh, you weren't aware this was in the obamacare bill? Guess what, you aren't alone. There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either (result of clandestine midnight voting for huge bills they've never read). AND, there are a few other surprises lurking.

obamasorryyet.jpg

It appears you are both right and wrong. There is a new tax, but it is not on the sales price of the property.

Benny L. Kass - Fact or fiction? The health-care law and real estate tax

No one who has income of $200,000 or more will pay this tax. No one who realizes zero gain (or takes a loss) on the sale of real property will pay this tax. Those who do pay it will be taxed on the profit from the sale, not the entire sales price, and this taxable amount will be reduced if a certain formula applies.

Still it is a new tax, it was hidden in the health care law -- where it clearly does not belong -- and I had not heard of it before now. Kudos to you for finding this, get_involved.

I'm beginning to think Obama must have a deep love for accountants and tax lawyers.

Last edited:
Did you know that if you sell your house after 2012 you will pay a 3.8% sales tax on it? That’s $3,800 on a $100,000 home etc. When did this happen? It’s in the healthcare bill.
REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

Under the new health care bill - did you know that all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax? The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 (presumably after obama’s re-election) You can thank Nancy, Harry and Barack and your local Democrat Congressman for this one. If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes. Is this Hope & Change great or what? Does this stuff makes your November and 2012 votes more important?
Oh, you weren't aware this was in the obamacare bill? Guess what, you aren't alone. There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either (result of clandestine midnight voting for huge bills they've never read). AND, there are a few other surprises lurking.

obamasorryyet.jpg

282.png

BEEN there........

(THAT'S what's needed, here......another 'Bagger. :rolleyes: )​

Last edited:
he is good to the accountants,
when did anyone think he didn't want to soak us with new taxes.

REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

obamasorryyet.jpg

Typical uneducated trailer park fearmongering from a righty.

Where are those "death panels" again?

Wrong information and fear from a closed minded conservative. Shocking!

This meme has been debunked about 5,000 times. It's not a tax on real estate. It's a very limited capital gains tax applied to people with high incomes.

and it belongs in the health care bill because.......

Because these things need to be paid for. I know the "Pledge to America" doesn't take any of this into consideration, but the fact remains.

This meme has been debunked about 5,000 times. It's not a tax on real estate. It's a very limited capital gains tax applied to people with high incomes.

Because these things need to be paid for. I know the "Pledge to America" doesn't take any of this into consideration, but the fact remains.

but i thought this was going to pay for itself due to the massive savings it would engender. that's what we were told anyway

but i thought this was going to pay for itself due to the massive savings it would engender. that's what we were told anyway

Over the next twenty years or so. However, anyone with half a brain understands that there are start-up costs, especially when the government is going to take on a portion of the responsibilities.

Over the next twenty years or so. However, anyone with half a brain understands that there are start-up costs, especially when the government is going to take on a portion of the responsibilities.

and of course the taxes the gov. gets up front now and will for the next 3 years, will be put in some lock box where they will sit, collect a meager % of interest maybe 2-3% and be ready for use in 2014?

and of course the taxes the gov. gets up front now and will for the next 3 years, will be put in some lock box where they will sit, collect a meager % of interest maybe 2-3% and be ready for use in 2014?

:rofl:

good one

REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

obamasorryyet.jpg

The majority of liberals don't own homes so why would they care. More for the entitlements the government wants us on. Why doesn't Obama and Congress, realize we are out of money? I mean it just doesn't make financial sense.

Last edited:
REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

obamasorryyet.jpg

The majority of liberals don't own homes

LOL, please post ANY proof of this. I'd love to see this. Or is this just more "made up facts" from the extremists?

REAL ESTATE SALES TAX

obamasorryyet.jpg

LOL, please post ANY proof of this. I'd love to see this. Or is this just more "made up facts" from the extremists?

It is an opinion held by me and based upon the liberals I know personally. Most Conservatives I know are homeowners. Just sayin.` But you digress from the OP. You like this news hidden in the healthcare..lol...bill? "Let us just get this bill signed so we can see what's in it." [paraphrased] Well ain't it all jest comin` to light. What an inept and unscrupulous government idiots voted for and stuck the rest of us with.

It is an opinion held by me and based upon the liberals I know personally. Most Conservatives I know are homeowners. Just sayin.` But you digress from the OP. You like this news hidden in the healthcare..lol...bill? "Let us just get this bill signed so we can see what's in it." [paraphrased] Well ain't it all jest comin` to light. What an inept and unscrupulous government idiots voted for and stuck the rest of us with.

So basically, you are talking out of your ass again. Thank you for clearing that up for us.

Because it's on the revenue side of the ledger for the health care reform bill. I know 8 years of the Bush administration passing wholly unfunded programs and wars makes it hard to comprehend, but we used to pay for new programs with new revenue streams.

The majority of Conservatives are child molesters.....

Even though I didn't state it that way, this is just an opinion held by me because I happen to know of some conservatives who are in fact child molesters, so I'm going to go ahead and make a broad statement as if it were fact.

I see how this works now.

Forum List

Back