New Prohibition Movement

archangel said:
Have a son in law who is 6'4" 300lbs..a "jack Mormon" he always gives me the evil eye when I have a beer with BBq with the family...while he devours away!

Well hell----lets not leave out those who worship money !!!

eye of a needle and all that good stuff

dilloduck said:
Well hell----lets not leave out those who worship money !!!

eye of a needle and all that good stuff

but this thread is about putting things in one's body which are harmful. Alcohol (In excess), Food (in excess), 'me' (In excess, if you ask my wife :( ), etc.

:p:

:)

freeandfun1 said:
If he is a "Jack" Mormon, then why the evil eye? I thought (at least this is what the jack Mormon working for me says) that JM's just don't follow ANY of the rules. Therefore, I wouldn't think he would care if you drank a beer...

The guy is just a jerk...if my daughter has a beer he calls her a alcoholic....and I am at fault...he is only a Mormon when it suits him...otherwise he is a flake! What can a Dad say?Bite the lip and pray for divorce....lol

-=d=- said:
but this thread is about putting things in one's body which are harmful. Alcohol (In excess), Food (in excess), 'me' (In excess, if you ask my wife :( ), etc.

:p:

:)

ooops---I thought it was expanding to other things than alcohol when food was introduced. Thank god there are folks around to correct me when I go astray! :thanks:

archangel said:
The guy is just a jerk...if my daughter has a beer he calls her a alcoholic....and I am at fault...he is only a Mormon when it suits him...otherwise he is a flake! What can a Dad say?Bite the lip and pray for divorce....lol

I didn't think the Mormon church sanctioned divorce.

gop_jeff said:

Don't know about that: I am a "Roman Catholic...So are the daughters and grandkids...why she married him is a mystery to this "Old Fart"!

gop_jeff said:

It depends on the type of Marriage. If they are married as Mormons, it is for Eternity. If they are married by Civil laws it can be ended with Divorce.

I guess no one likes my idealistic view of prohibition. That's unfortunate. I think that the first Prohibition movement was very morally sound but was economically unappealing. Therefore, it would take true ingenuity for it to actually work anyways. haha, oh well....

YoungChristian said:
I guess no one likes my idealistic view of prohibition. That's unfortunate. I think that the first Prohibition movement was very morally sound but was economically unappealing. Therefore, it would take true ingenuity for it to actually work anyways. haha, oh well....

It was quite economically appealing for criminals but socially unappealing for the majority of Americans. A valiant thought as an attempt to cease the loss thousands of lives and biilions of dollars annually but as you say---idealistic.

YoungChristian said:

As ingrained as alcohol is in American culture, I doubt that prohibition would ever work. Even in Revolutionary times, when 95-97% of Americans went to church weekly, there were still taverns and breweries in business.

Forum List

Back