New product in Denmark:

N

NewGuy

The big question is, is it allowed in the US?

Would international forces be allowed to use this?

There are a lot of ramifications based on what our nation would or would not allow with this device.

-What about a war with China?

http://www.backfire.dk/EMPIRENORTH/newsite/products_en001.htm
idsniper_product01.jpg

The ID SNIPERTM rifle designed by EMPIRE NORTH

What is the ID SNIPERTM rifle?

It is used to implant a GPS-microchip in the body of a human being, using a high powered sniper rifle as the long distance injector. The microchip will enter the body and stay there, causing no internal damage, and only a very small amount of physical pain to the target. It will feel like a mosquito-bite lasting a fraction of a second. At the same time a digital camcorder with a zoom-lense fitted within the scope will take a high-resolution picture of the target. This picture will be stored on a memory card for later image-analysis.

Why use the ID SNIPERTM rifle?

As the urban battlefield grows more complex and intense, new ways of managing and controlling crowds are needed. The attention of the media changes the rules of the game. Sometimes it is difficult to engage the enemy in the streets without causing damage to the all important image of the state. Instead EMPIRE NORTH suggests to mark and identify a suspicious subject on a safe distance, enabeling the national law enforcement agency to keep track on the target through a satellite in the weeks to come.

The ID SNIPERTM rifle was presented by Empire North in Beijing at the China Police 2002 exhibition.

One scary looking gun. Except it uses GPS-microchips for ammo so that makes it a little less scary. Seems liek something we could use quite effectively over in Iraq to reduce the ammount of collateral damage.

Collateral damage. Now there is an interesting term. A way for the military to obfuscate the truth surrounding the killing of women, children, etc.? Well, maybe that's a topic for another thread.

If I get hit in the ass by a mosquito - THRU my clothes, I'd go to the doctor and have it removed.

Originally posted by dmp
If I get hit in the ass by a mosquito - THRU my clothes, I'd go to the doctor and have it removed.

Your ass?
:p:
:laugh:

The point is, I'm doubtful somebody could be shot by most ANYTHING and not pick at the wound; or feel it enough not to have it checked out.

:)

Originally posted by nycflasher
One scary looking gun. Except it uses GPS-microchips for ammo so that makes it a little less scary. Seems liek something we could use quite effectively over in Iraq to reduce the ammount of collateral damage.

Collateral damage. Now there is an interesting term. A way for the military to obfuscate the truth surrounding the killing of women, children, etc.? Well, maybe that's a topic for another thread.

Actually the part about the GPS is more scary. Imagine not even knowing your being tracked. I know that was New Guy's (Fear all Government) intention when he wrote this.

Originally posted by dmp

Yoou mean... if you GOT hit?

lol, I guess I'll be a ltitle bit more suspicious of any mosquito bites in the future. Especially if I'm wearing OFF and in the vicinity of bug zappers:rolleyes:

Originally posted by dmp
The point is, I'm doubtful somebody could be shot by most ANYTHING and not pick at the wound; or feel it enough not to have it checked out.

:)

I would immediately agree, but you know how people are when they don't think something is really important.

Yeah, because terrorist use them as human shields. They're not real men.

Originally posted by insein
Actually the part about the GPS is more scary. Imagine not even knowing your being tracked. I know that was New Guy's (Fear all Government) intention when he wrote this.

Yeah, and I too wouldn't really wanna see this type of thing used on our citizens. Just as the Patriot Act scares me and the idea of US troops being used domesticly. But, then again, I'm not a drug dealer or anything so the government has no business "following" me anyway.

Originally posted by insein

Actually, for clarification, I don't "fear all government".

I despise government corruption and the natural result of it.

That being said, this device is being shown to the Chinese. It is also made in Denmark. You can bet the EU and UN will get them, but they won't be allowed to be used by the US.

I would not like to see these used on our populace.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Yeah, because terrorist use them as human shields. They're not real men.

Yeah, terrorists are scumbags. The term collateral damage doesn't really apply to their victims, though, since terrorists do not value life at all including their own(suicide bombers). I'm talking about our government killing women, children, innocents in general in the name of Justice. I know there are no easy answers, but if I lived in Afganistan or Iraq and my children were killed by a missile whose intended target was a terrorist suspect... I'd probably hate the U.S. It is a problem we can't avoid. This gun seems like the kind of technology that could help avoid such situations.

Originally posted by NewGuy
....this device is being shown to the Chinese.

Man, why would anyone wanna sell any kind of military device to the Chinese?

That's like selling RPG's to terrorists. Well, not exactly but it is bad lol. IMO, the Chinese are out of fucking control when it comes to human rights policies/violations, etc. and I don't see why a country like Denmark would be marketing weapons there.

Man, don't get me started on China...:p:

Forum List

Back