New President - Same War?

Does that include all the generals who are working with him?

It is really interesting when you compare who served in the military and who didn't, it's the big talking republican politicians who had other priorities in war but get their little peckers in a hard on for killing when they are no longer in danger of serving.

Fuck you. I am a liberal. I served my time. I will remain a liberal.. I will support our troops. You can kiss my liberal ass which is just as patriotic or more than yours.

If you opened your conservative kool aid washed eyes, you might want to check all the frigging support the right has given our vets.

Attacking the patriotism of the other's who disagree with you, has been done in Germany, Russia and other great Democracies.

Sorry man, but facts are facts... For the most part Liberals are anti-military and Conservatives are for a strong military... Maybe you are not a liberal...

Why the heck would a liberal then serve in the army? Are you saying there are no liberals in the army? Only republicans?

It is bullshit, that liberals are anti-army and republicans are in favor of it otherwise you wouldn't have any liberals in the army. You are basically insulting all those liberals who died in service of the US military.

I know, right?

Talk about irony ...

I guess Obama's views on bombing in Pakistan are the same as the evil war monger George Bush...hmmmm.

Missiles kill 7 in NW Pakistan

For those keeping score, Obama campaigned on this issue. He is doing exactly what he told us he would do.

yep he is, my point though is the hypocrisy of the libs, they scream when Bush did it, and glow with pride when the obamalama ding dong oes it.

Actually, other than the straight up peaceniks, most on the left have always been aligned with this policy towards Pakistan/Afghanistan but I understand that moonbats aren't subtle enough to pick up on this.

Here is the only data I can find on this topic. (2007) It would seem that senior officers tend to be more republican. That's not a lot different than CEOs tending to be Republican. Not much demographics on junior officers and the senior or junior enlisted.

Results until recently were a definate result of the all volunteer military vice the draft military where the input was very different.

BURIED IN THE NEWS last week was one of the most potentially significant stories of recent years. The Military Times released its annual poll of active-duty service members, and the results showed something virtually unprecedented: a one-year decline of 10 percentage points in the number of military personnel identifying themselves as Republicans. In the 2004 poll, the percentage of military respondents who characterized themselves as Republicans stood at 60%. By the end of 2005, that had dropped to 56%. And by the end of 2006, the percentage of military Republicans plummeted to 46%.
The drop in Republican Party identification among active-duty personnel is a sharp reversal of a 30-year trend toward the "Republicanization" of the U.S. military, and it could mark a sea change in the nature of the military — and the nature of public debates about national security issues.

For most of U.S. history, issues of national security rarely divided Americans along sharp party lines: The old adage that "politics ends at the water's edge" generally held true. The military, while institutionally conservative with a small "c," was not closely identified with a particular political party. But somewhere between the end of the Vietnam War and the middle of the Clinton era, the U.S. military began to look like a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Republican Party.

Academy Awards Oscars Nominations, Grammys, Golden Globes Awards - The Envelope - LA Times

Cowards will hide their heads in the sand and let their enemies run over them. These cowards can be liberal or conservative, Democratic or Republican.

You define a person by the actions they take when the shit hits the fan.

Yep. They need to be more careful and perhaps starting now they will be:

In Laghman's capital, hundreds of angry demonstrators denounced the U.S. military Sunday and demanded an end to overnight raids. U.S. military leaders, victims' relatives and Afghan officials — including two top Karzai advisers — met at the governor's compound to discuss the issue, Gov. Latifullah Mashal said.

"The U.S. military said 'We are sorry for this incident and after this we are going to coordinate our operations with Afghan forces,'" Mashal said.

It's a step in the right direction. In the past we would have just denied that civilians were actually killed.

Is this the earliest military action by any US president when war is not declared? What was Richard Nixon's first military action?

Pale Riser, kiss my Marine Corps ass. I seved and I still believe in an America where we can voice our opinion, apparently unlike you. Plus it was the real military, the Marine Corps, not the civilian:eusa_whistle: Air Force.:lol:

Show me the data that most liberals are against the military. The far left is the extreme just like the far right. The current conservatives in Washington say a great deal about support but then cut the vet's budget and say sorry when they come home wounded. They fought against the education bill for the vets that Senator Webb proposed.

Liberals love this country just as much as you. But because we don't see the world as you do, piss ants like you have to attack our patriotism to feel better about yourse.f

As to same war, K-Man, you may want to realize that with this strike in Pakistan, the Pakistani government condones it in private but has to complain in public.

If any of the Obama detractors can remember, he said he would strengthen our presence in Afghanistan. Pale, you remember that war. The one that was being waged against the Taliban who supported and sheltered Ossama. The one we were beginning to do better in until Bush pulled US out and went into Iraq. Pale, you remember Iraq, right? That's country with no fucking WMDs, Nukes, trans atlantic drones or other real threats to US. Now we have all our dead and wounded military for a war that never needed to be fought.

Obama will probably do more to counter the threat in Afghanistan than Bush did because he will focus our forces there and not in a fucking diversion in Iraq.

As to the "boy" that's a common terminology in the South where I'm not from. Even my boss, a retired Navy Captain, calls me Rayboy. So Pale Boy, have a nice life and continue your mental mastrubation about how you as a conservative support the troops more than I do.:ahole-1:

How about we discuss these issues with facts, opinions and not piss our little pants because someone disagrees with you.

Some facts for you to read, Pail.

An offhand comment about Democrats in the military supposedly made by Gen. David Petraeus (the top commander in Iraq and soon-to-be head of U.S. Central Command at MacDill Air Force Base) raised eyebrows in some circles.

According to a July 23 column by the New York Times' Maureen Dowd, a Democratic lawmaker asked Petraeus why there weren't more Democrats in the military.

Petraeus reportedly smiled and replied:

"There are more than you think."

This shit about only the right serving is just that: shit: In addition, the Republicans who did serve, aren't the ones playing the fake patriot card.

Prominent Democrats

Rick Noriega, Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate from Texas -- joined the U.S. Army in 1979; currently Lt. Colonel in Texas Army National Guard, served in Afghanistan. (1)
Senator Jim Webb (D-VA) -- rifle platoon and company commander with the Fifth Marine Regiment in the An Hoa Basin west of Danang; was awarded the Navy Cross, the Silver Star Medal, two Bronze Star Medals, and two Purple Hearts. (1)
Representative Tim Walz, D-MN - Twenty-four years of service in the Army National Guard, retiring in 2005.
Representative Joe Sestak, D-PA - 31 years of service in the Navy, rising to the rank of Vice Admiral.
Representative Chris Carney, D-PA - Lieutenant Commander in the United States Naval Reserve, Carney served multiple tours overseas and was activated for Operation Enduring Freedom, Noble Eagle, and Southern Watch.
Representative Patrick Murphy, D-PA - extensive career in the U.S. Army from 1993-2004; earned Bronze Star and Presidential Unit Citation.
Representative Phil Hare, D-IL - Served in the United States Army Reserve for six years.

Representative Jack Murtha (D-PA) - distinguished 37-year career in the U.S. Marine Corps, Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts, retired from the Marine Corps Reserve as a colonel in 1990. (1)
Former House Minority Leader Richard Gephardt - Missouri Air National Guard, 1965-71. (1, 2)
Representative David Bonior - Staff Sgt., United States Air Force 1968-72 (1, 2)
Former Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle - 1st Lt., U.S. Air Force SAC 1969-72 (1, 2)
Former Vice President Al Gore - enlisted August 1969; sent to Vietnam January 1971 as an army journalist, assigned to the 20th Engineer Brigade headquartered at Bien Hoa, an airbase twenty miles northeast of Saigon. More facts about Gore's Service
Former Senator Bob Kerrey... Democrat... Lt. j.g., U.S. Navy 1966-69; Medal of Honor, Vietnam (1, 2)
Senator Daniel Inouye, US Army 1943-'47; Medal of Honor, World War Two (1, 2)
Senator John Kerry, Lt., U.S. Navy 1966-70; Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat V, and three awards of the Purple Heart for his service in combat (1)
Representative Charles Rangel, Staff Sgt., U.S. Army 1948-52; Bronze Star, Korea (1, 2)
Former Senator Max Cleland, Captain, U.S. Army 1965-68; Silver Star & Bronze Star, Vietnam (1, 2)
Senator Chris Dodd (D-CT) - U.S. Army Reserve, 1968-1975.
Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) - U.S. Army, 1951-1953. (1)
Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) - Lt., U.S. Navy, 1962-67; Naval Reserve, 1968-74. (1, 2)
Senator Jack Reed (D-RI) - U.S. Army Ranger, 1971-1979; Captain, Army Reserve 1979-91 (1)
Former Senator Fritz Hollings (D-SC) - served as a U.S. Army officer in World War II, receiving the Bronze Star and seven campaign ribbons. (1)

Representative Leonard Boswell (D-IA) - Lt. Col., U.S. Army 1956-76; two tours in Vietnam, two Distinguished Flying Crosses as a helicopter pilot, two Bronze Stars, and the Soldier's Medal. (1, 2)
Former Representative "Pete" Peterson, Air Force Captain, POW, Ambassador to Viet Nam, and recipient of the Purple Heart, the Silver Star and the Legion of Merit. (1, 2)
Rep. Mike Thompson, D-CA: Staff sergeant/platoon leader with the 173rd Airborne Brigade, U.S. Army; was wounded and received a Purple Heart. (1, 2)
Bill McBride, Democratic Candidate for Florida Governor - volunteered and served as a U.S. Marine in Vietnam; awarded Bronze Star with a combat "V." (1)
Gray Davis, former California Governor, Army Captain in Vietnam; received Bronze Star. (1)
Pete Stark, D-CA, served in the Air Force 1955-57
Wesley Clark, Democratic Presidential Candidate - 38-year career of public service in the Army, culminating as Supreme Allied Commander of NATO.

Prominent Republicans
Representative Patrick McHenry, R-NC - did not serve. Saw fit to endanger American troops' lives after a visit to Iraq by violating operational security and helping militias target their mortar attacks on the Green Zone.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-KY - did not serve (1)
Senate Assistant Minority Leader Trent Lott, R-MI - avoided the draft, did not serve.
Senate Republican Conference Chairman Jon Kyl, R-AZ - did not serve.
Senate Republican Conference Vice Chair John Cornyn, R-TX - did not serve.
National Republican Senatorial Committee Chair John Ensign, R-NV - did not serve.

House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-OH - did not serve.
House Minority Whip Roy Blunt, R-MO - did not serve.
House Republican Conerence Chair Adam Putnam, R-FL - did not serve.
House Republican Policy Committee Thaddeus McCotter, R-MI - did not serve.
National Republican Congressional Committee Chair Tom Cole, R-OK - did not serve.

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani - did not serve.
Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney - did not serve in the military but did serve the Mormon Church on a 30-month mission to France.
Former Senator Fred Thompson - did not serve.
Senator John McCain - McCain's naval honors include the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart and Distinguished Flying Cross. Why did the Bush campaign smear him so in 2000? At least Senators Cleland (D-GA), Kerry (D-MA), Kerrey (D-NE), Robb (D-VA) and Hagel (R-NE) defended him.

Former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert - avoided the draft, did not serve.
Former House Majority Leader Dick Armey - avoided the draft, did not serve.
Former House Majority Leader Tom Delay - avoided the draft, did not serve (1). "So many minority youths had volunteered ... that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like himself."
Former House Majority Whip Roy Blunt - did not serve
Former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist - did not serve. (An impressive medical resume, but not such a friend to cats in Boston.)
Rick Santorum, R-PA, formerly third ranking Republican in the Senate - did not serve. (1)
George Felix Allen, former Republican Senator from Virginia - a supporter of Nixon and the Vietnam war, did not serve. (1)

Former Secretary of Defense Don Rumsfeld - served in the U.S. Navy (1954-57) as an aviator and flight instructor. (1) Served as President Reagan's Special Envoy to the Middle East and met with Saddam Hussein twice in 1983 and 1984.
GW Bush - decided that a six-year Nat'l Guard commitment really means four years. Still says that he's "been to war." Huh?
VP Cheney - several deferments (1, 2), the last by marriage (in his own words, "had other priorities than military service") (1)
Former Att'y Gen. John Ashcroft - did not serve (1, 2); received seven deferment to teach business ed at SW Missouri State

Jeb Bush, Florida Governor - did not serve. (1)

Karl Rove - avoided the draft, did not serve (1), too busy being a Republican.

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich - avoided the draft, did not serve (1, 2)
Former President Ronald Reagan - due to poor eyesight, served in a noncombat role making movies for the Army in southern California during WWII. He later seems to have confused his role as an actor playing a tail gunner with the real thing.
"B-1" Bob Dornan - avoided Korean War combat duty by enrolling in college acting classes (Orange County Weekly article). Enlisted only after the fighting was over in Korea.
Phil Gramm - avoided the draft, did not serve, four (?) student deferments
Congressman Ron Paul - active duty flight surgeon from 1963-65; Air National Guard from 1965-68. (link)
Former Senator Bob Dole - an honorable man. Senator Bob Dole's Official Website
Chuck Hagel - two Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star, Vietnam. www.senate.gov - This page cannot be found.
Duke Cunningham - nominated for the Medal of Honor, received the Navy Cross, two Silver Stars, fifteen Air Medals, the Purple Heart, and several other decorations Recently entered plea bargain on felony charges of bribery, etc. etc.
Senator Jeff Sessions U.S. Army Reserves, 1973-1986
Colin Powell. What are we to make of Powell? On the one hand, a long career as a military manager. On the other hand, accused of covering up the My Lai massacre. Back on that first hand, one of the seemingly sane voices in this administration when it comes to Iraq (or at least he used to be). On the other hand, a clear hypocrite ("I am angry that so many of the sons of the powerful and well-placed... managed to wangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units...")
Representative Wayne Gilchrest (R-MD), served in USMC in Vietnam; wounded in action.

You didn't mention Barrack Hussein Obama or William Jefferson Clinton, we know they have done a great job of serving themselves, did they serve in the military ace? What military experience does the new President have to bring to the table?

Sure, you're a Marine, Marines always go around denigrating an entire branch of the United States Military......... My Father served as a fighter pilot and instructor in the U.S. Air Force for 29 years, the Air Force is who softens the enemy up to help keep the men on the ground safer with fewer casualties. What did you do, clean latrines on a pretend Marine base?

Shitaro, Good for you father. I actually served at a DoD command with all services and respected Did you serve?

If you had any brains you would know is that once your a Marine, you just know they are the best of all the Services. It's something you have to have served to understand. It's called a friendly rivalry.

What did you do, clean latrines on a pretend Marine base?

No, I did clean latrines at OCS at Quantico which is a real Marine Corps Base. I also flew 46s and retired as LtCol.

If you can pull your head out of your partisan ass and just realize that Democrats/Liberals love this country as much as you do, you might be able to discuss issues like this without the fucking name calling and childish behavior.

No neither did Clinton or Obama serve in the military. I wish they had. Funny, that you ignore all the ones listed who did.

Pale Riser, kiss my Marine Corps ass. I seved and I still believe in an America where we can voice our opinion, apparently unlike you. Plus it was the real military, the Marine Corps, not the civilian:eusa_whistle: Air Force.:lol:

Show me the data that most liberals are against the military. The far left is the extreme just like the far right. The current conservatives in Washington say a great deal about support but then cut the vet's budget and say sorry when they come home wounded. They fought against the education bill for the vets that Senator Webb proposed.

Liberals love this country just as much as you. But because we don't see the world as you do, piss ants like you have to attack our patriotism to feel better about yourse.f

As to same war, K-Man, you may want to realize that with this strike in Pakistan, the Pakistani government condones it in private but has to complain in public.

If any of the Obama detractors can remember, he said he would strengthen our presence in Afghanistan. Pale, you remember that war. The one that was being waged against the Taliban who supported and sheltered Ossama. The one we were beginning to do better in until Bush pulled US out and went into Iraq. Pale, you remember Iraq, right? That's country with no fucking WMDs, Nukes, trans atlantic drones or other real threats to US. Now we have all our dead and wounded military for a war that never needed to be fought.

Obama will probably do more to counter the threat in Afghanistan than Bush did because he will focus our forces there and not in a fucking diversion in Iraq.

As to the "boy" that's a common terminology in the South where I'm not from. Even my boss, a retired Navy Captain, calls me Rayboy. So Pale Boy, have a nice life and continue your mental mastrubation about how you as a conservative support the troops more than I do.:ahole-1:

How about we discuss these issues with facts, opinions and not piss our little pants because someone disagrees with you.

Some facts for you to read, Pail.

An offhand comment about Democrats in the military supposedly made by Gen. David Petraeus (the top commander in Iraq and soon-to-be head of U.S. Central Command at MacDill Air Force Base) raised eyebrows in some circles.

According to a July 23 column by the New York Times' Maureen Dowd, a Democratic lawmaker asked Petraeus why there weren't more Democrats in the military.

Petraeus reportedly smiled and replied:

"There are more than you think."
This shit about only the right serving is just that: shit: In addition, the Republicans who did serve, aren't the ones playing the fake patriot card.

Prominent Democrats

Rick Noriega, Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate from Texas -- joined the U.S. Army in 1979; currently Lt. Colonel in Texas Army National Guard, served in Afghanistan. (1)
Senator Jim Webb (D-VA) -- rifle platoon and company commander with the Fifth Marine Regiment in the An Hoa Basin west of Danang; was awarded the Navy Cross, the Silver Star Medal, two Bronze Star Medals, and two Purple Hearts. (1)
Representative Tim Walz, D-MN - Twenty-four years of service in the Army National Guard, retiring in 2005.
Representative Joe Sestak, D-PA - 31 years of service in the Navy, rising to the rank of Vice Admiral.
Representative Chris Carney, D-PA - Lieutenant Commander in the United States Naval Reserve, Carney served multiple tours overseas and was activated for Operation Enduring Freedom, Noble Eagle, and Southern Watch.
Representative Patrick Murphy, D-PA - extensive career in the U.S. Army from 1993-2004; earned Bronze Star and Presidential Unit Citation.
Representative Phil Hare, D-IL - Served in the United States Army Reserve for six years.

Representative Jack Murtha (D-PA) - distinguished 37-year career in the U.S. Marine Corps, Bronze Star and two Purple Hearts, retired from the Marine Corps Reserve as a colonel in 1990. (1)
Former House Minority Leader Richard Gephardt - Missouri Air National Guard, 1965-71. (1, 2)
Representative David Bonior - Staff Sgt., United States Air Force 1968-72 (1, 2)
Former Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle - 1st Lt., U.S. Air Force SAC 1969-72 (1, 2)
Former Vice President Al Gore - enlisted August 1969; sent to Vietnam January 1971 as an army journalist, assigned to the 20th Engineer Brigade headquartered at Bien Hoa, an airbase twenty miles northeast of Saigon. More facts about Gore's Service
Former Senator Bob Kerrey... Democrat... Lt. j.g., U.S. Navy 1966-69; Medal of Honor, Vietnam (1, 2)
Senator Daniel Inouye, US Army 1943-'47; Medal of Honor, World War Two (1, 2)
Senator John Kerry, Lt., U.S. Navy 1966-70; Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat V, and three awards of the Purple Heart for his service in combat (1)
Representative Charles Rangel, Staff Sgt., U.S. Army 1948-52; Bronze Star, Korea (1, 2)
Former Senator Max Cleland, Captain, U.S. Army 1965-68; Silver Star & Bronze Star, Vietnam (1, 2)
Senator Chris Dodd (D-CT) - U.S. Army Reserve, 1968-1975.
Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) - U.S. Army, 1951-1953. (1)
Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) - Lt., U.S. Navy, 1962-67; Naval Reserve, 1968-74. (1, 2)
Senator Jack Reed (D-RI) - U.S. Army Ranger, 1971-1979; Captain, Army Reserve 1979-91 (1)
Former Senator Fritz Hollings (D-SC) - served as a U.S. Army officer in World War II, receiving the Bronze Star and seven campaign ribbons. (1)

Representative Leonard Boswell (D-IA) - Lt. Col., U.S. Army 1956-76; two tours in Vietnam, two Distinguished Flying Crosses as a helicopter pilot, two Bronze Stars, and the Soldier's Medal. (1, 2)
Former Representative "Pete" Peterson, Air Force Captain, POW, Ambassador to Viet Nam, and recipient of the Purple Heart, the Silver Star and the Legion of Merit. (1, 2)
Rep. Mike Thompson, D-CA: Staff sergeant/platoon leader with the 173rd Airborne Brigade, U.S. Army; was wounded and received a Purple Heart. (1, 2)
Bill McBride, Democratic Candidate for Florida Governor - volunteered and served as a U.S. Marine in Vietnam; awarded Bronze Star with a combat "V." (1)
Gray Davis, former California Governor, Army Captain in Vietnam; received Bronze Star. (1)
Pete Stark, D-CA, served in the Air Force 1955-57
Wesley Clark, Democratic Presidential Candidate - 38-year career of public service in the Army, culminating as Supreme Allied Commander of NATO.

Prominent Republicans
Representative Patrick McHenry, R-NC - did not serve. Saw fit to endanger American troops' lives after a visit to Iraq by violating operational security and helping militias target their mortar attacks on the Green Zone.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-KY - did not serve (1)
Senate Assistant Minority Leader Trent Lott, R-MI - avoided the draft, did not serve.
Senate Republican Conference Chairman Jon Kyl, R-AZ - did not serve.
Senate Republican Conference Vice Chair John Cornyn, R-TX - did not serve.
National Republican Senatorial Committee Chair John Ensign, R-NV - did not serve.

House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-OH - did not serve.
House Minority Whip Roy Blunt, R-MO - did not serve.
House Republican Conerence Chair Adam Putnam, R-FL - did not serve.
House Republican Policy Committee Thaddeus McCotter, R-MI - did not serve.
National Republican Congressional Committee Chair Tom Cole, R-OK - did not serve.

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani - did not serve.
Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney - did not serve in the military but did serve the Mormon Church on a 30-month mission to France.
Former Senator Fred Thompson - did not serve.
Senator John McCain - McCain's naval honors include the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart and Distinguished Flying Cross. Why did the Bush campaign smear him so in 2000? At least Senators Cleland (D-GA), Kerry (D-MA), Kerrey (D-NE), Robb (D-VA) and Hagel (R-NE) defended him.

Former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert - avoided the draft, did not serve.
Former House Majority Leader Dick Armey - avoided the draft, did not serve.
Former House Majority Leader Tom Delay - avoided the draft, did not serve (1). "So many minority youths had volunteered ... that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like himself."
Former House Majority Whip Roy Blunt - did not serve
Former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist - did not serve. (An impressive medical resume, but not such a friend to cats in Boston.)
Rick Santorum, R-PA, formerly third ranking Republican in the Senate - did not serve. (1)
George Felix Allen, former Republican Senator from Virginia - a supporter of Nixon and the Vietnam war, did not serve. (1)

Former Secretary of Defense Don Rumsfeld - served in the U.S. Navy (1954-57) as an aviator and flight instructor. (1) Served as President Reagan's Special Envoy to the Middle East and met with Saddam Hussein twice in 1983 and 1984.
GW Bush - decided that a six-year Nat'l Guard commitment really means four years. Still says that he's "been to war." Huh?
VP Cheney - several deferments (1, 2), the last by marriage (in his own words, "had other priorities than military service") (1)
Former Att'y Gen. John Ashcroft - did not serve (1, 2); received seven deferment to teach business ed at SW Missouri State

Jeb Bush, Florida Governor - did not serve. (1)

Karl Rove - avoided the draft, did not serve (1), too busy being a Republican.

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich - avoided the draft, did not serve (1, 2)
Former President Ronald Reagan - due to poor eyesight, served in a noncombat role making movies for the Army in southern California during WWII. He later seems to have confused his role as an actor playing a tail gunner with the real thing.
"B-1" Bob Dornan - avoided Korean War combat duty by enrolling in college acting classes (Orange County Weekly article). Enlisted only after the fighting was over in Korea.
Phil Gramm - avoided the draft, did not serve, four (?) student deferments
Congressman Ron Paul - active duty flight surgeon from 1963-65; Air National Guard from 1965-68. (link)
Former Senator Bob Dole - an honorable man. Senator Bob Dole's Official Website
Chuck Hagel - two Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star, Vietnam. www.senate.gov - This page cannot be found.
Duke Cunningham - nominated for the Medal of Honor, received the Navy Cross, two Silver Stars, fifteen Air Medals, the Purple Heart, and several other decorations Recently entered plea bargain on felony charges of bribery, etc. etc.
Senator Jeff Sessions U.S. Army Reserves, 1973-1986
Colin Powell. What are we to make of Powell? On the one hand, a long career as a military manager. On the other hand, accused of covering up the My Lai massacre. Back on that first hand, one of the seemingly sane voices in this administration when it comes to Iraq (or at least he used to be). On the other hand, a clear hypocrite ("I am angry that so many of the sons of the powerful and well-placed... managed to wangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units...")
Representative Wayne Gilchrest (R-MD), served in USMC in Vietnam; wounded in action.

You didn't mention Barrack Hussein Obama or William Jefferson Clinton, we know they have done a great job of serving themselves, did they serve in the military ace? What military experience does the new President have to bring to the table?

Sure, you're a Marine, Marines always go around denigrating an entire branch of the United States Military......... My Father served as a fighter pilot and instructor in the U.S. Air Force for 29 years, the Air Force is who softens the enemy up to help keep the men on the ground safer with fewer casualties. What did you do, clean latrines on a pretend Marine base?

You know what ARMY stands for?

Ain't ready to be a marine yet. :lol:

As for Bush letting 9/11 happen, your ignorance is pathetic.

"The White House's former counterterrorism coordinator blasts President Bush in a television interview and a new book, saying the president ignored warnings about terrorist attacks before 9/11"

CNN.com - Former antiterror adviser says Bush ignored 9/11 warnings - Mar 23, 2004

Bush warned of al-Qaida plot before 9/11

Even if he did not know he should have known, if his intelligence agency had failed then he was responsible for that failure. If you are the president of the US you can not say as an excuse that you did not know, because part of the job of a government is making sure you know those things.

Typical Liberal hack, only talking out of one side of it's mouth.

When your big enough to spout off the same about Clinton's 8 years, then I would respect your opinion.

Just for the record. I am not a Bush fan, not at all.

I'm just sick of the one sided BS over these two wars and 9/11.

Pale Riser, kiss my Marine Corps ass. I seved and I still believe in an America where we can voice our opinion,Show me the data that most liberals are against the military.
You have nothing to prove that other than your pathetic, whiny, liberal diatribe. If by chance you were a Marine, other Marines would be truly ashamed of your ass.

In my lifetime, I've seen our military all but completely decimated under the Carter administration. The peanut moron liberal just about put our military into irreparable disarray. It took a staunch conservative like Reagan to build it back up. Then clinton came along, that military hating liberal set back what Reagan had done 20 years. More bases were closed during the eight years of that piece of shit clinton than all the other base closings put together. Bubba and hitlery both hate the military. This isn't a secret. It's common knowledge because we all lived through it. We all witnessed it. If something needs to be "proven," well then "prove" to me they DIDN'T.

Liberals love this country just as much as you. But because we don't see the world as you do, piss ants like you have to attack our patriotism to feel better about yourse.
You liberals might love this country, but you're not happy with the way it is. You want America to be turned into some kind of liberal shit hole like europe. You want the government to take care of you from womb to tomb, and you want an America with a military that couldn't fight it's way out of a wet paper sack. Put quite bluntly, you stinking liberals are BAD for this country, no matter how you look at it.

Last edited:
I served.

I was a liberal before I went in, a liberal while I served, a liberal when I got my honorable discharge, too.

Ya'll can go fuck off, too, if that troubles you.

You self proclaiming conservatives who think liberals hate this country are fruitcakes who don't understand what the word even means.

Afghan president: US forces killed 16 civilians

Afghanistan – President Hamid Karzai condemned a U.S. operation he said killed 16 Afghan civilians, while hundreds of villagers denounced the American military during an angry demonstration Sunday.

Karzai said the killing of innocent Afghans during U.S. military operations "is strengthening the terrorists."

Afghan president: US forces killed 16 civilians - Yahoo! News

Where is Code Pink...Obama is a murderer...Obama lied,people died. Lets get the war crimes proceedings underway NOW!!

Last edited:
I served.

I was a liberal before I went in, a liberal while I served, a liberal when I got my honorable discharge, too.

You self proclaiming conservatives who think liberals hate this country are fruitcakes who don't understand what the word even means.

yep! and that comment brings us back to square one. You might refelect sometime on where folks got the ideal that liberals don't love this country. Or. not.

Where is Code Pink

I dunno but at least you are smart enough to aim this at the extreme groups and not just "libs."

...Obama is a murderer

Technically, you are right.

...Obama lied,people died.

False. Obama campaigned on this.

Lets get the war crimes proceedings underway NOW!!

Sounds fun!

Are they before or after BushCo. on the docket?

I served.

yep! and that comment brings us back to square one. You might refelect sometime on where folks got the ideal that liberals don't love this country. Or. not.

EAsy to understand.

One conservative talking head lies and ten leap to confirm the lie.

History certainly doesn't support the lie, though, Willow.

In the grander scheme of things, if you operate under the assumption that liberal = Democrat (and that's how most people see it, right?) then the DEMC have taken us into more wars more often than the Republicans.

In fact, until recently that was the BEST thing about the Rs.

They used to be overtly nationalistic, but unwilling to get involved in foreign misadventures unless there really was no other choice

In a different time, I'D have been a Republican.

Of course now, neither party much impresses me.

Typical Liberal hack, only talking out of one side of it's mouth.

When your big enough to spout off the same about Clinton's 8 years, then I would respect your opinion.

Just for the record. I am not a Bush fan, not at all.

I'm just sick of the one sided BS over these two wars and 9/11.

Well yeah, Clinton failed too in his policy. He just got lucky the bombs in the parking garage were not powerful enough. At the moment of the bombing he too was incompetent for not preventing it. It makes you wonder wether the CIA is still competent.

Incompetence is not something liberal or republican, so for me it doesn't matter what party he is from but more what he did or did not do. The only thing is that what Clinton would have done would be in the history section of this forum, so mostly you will have Bush bashing in this section. For the next 4 years it will be Obama who will be bashed at, but it doesn't seem to me that he made any significant mistakes yet. (except for the issue about that guy who didn't pay his taxes for so long and got a job that involves taxing other people)

Last edited:
*GENERALS* take *ORDERS* from the President, who is the *COMMANDER IN CHEIF*. They don't have shit to say

Not always. If you remember, General Shinseki, Army Chief of Staff, lost a foot in Vietnam, told Bush & Company that we would need more than the minimal number of troops they wanted to send to Iraq if we planned to win and then finish this war.

He had the moral courage to say the right thing. He was shoved aside for the rest of his term. Too bad he was right and all our troops who died might not have had to die.

i believe Gen. Powell said much the same,but he was shoved aside too by that worm Rumsfuck.....

Forum List

Back