New Pots and Pans

I'm looking forward to the arrival of my new Field #10 cast iron pan.
A little pricey at $160 but I've heard great things about em.

Field Cast Iron Skillet

To each his own.
I despise cast iron pans. Too heavy to properly and evenly pan fry foods and keep evenly seasoned.
The best method of pan frying is tossing to both evenly cook and evenly season/flavor.
Cast iron is waay too heavy to do this unless you have herculean wrist.

View attachment 239867

I've never seen anyone tossing a couple of steaks.
And for baking you cant beat cast iron.
No but for steaks, the best method is to tip the pan and spoon the butter over the top almost continuously.
I am glad you like cast, if that is how you like to do it - 5 stars.
Just for me, I like the control of stainless for cook top, and enamel coated cast iron for oven.

Well thats a given.
But your stainless is no match for cast when it comes to searing.
If you tip that stainless pan you immediately lose heat while the cast iron retains it.
I use all kinds of cookware,from stainless,cast iron,Calphalon,De Buyer steel from France as well as Le Creuset and the non stick set I bought from Costco which is surprisingly good stuff.

You use the proper cookware for the job. I'd never try and make cornbread in a stainless pan just like i'd never sear a steak in one.

Ya wanna stir fry some veggies or saute some onions stainless is fine or steel is fine.

I need a new set of pots and pans with tight fitting lids. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on it. What do recommend?

Copper chef! 3 things from them and..

Oh what's that stuff? Gah..brb..
Club or Corell.

The Copper Chef stuff works very well. Going on 4 years with an Orgreenic pan, but Copper Chef and the granite thing is better.

Oh! Revereware. Paul Revere was a metalsmith. My biggest pot is Revereware.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back