New Poll Yahoo News: Small Businesses Favor Obama by 11 Points. What does this mean?

Oct 2, 2008
Here's the link to the poll results that I just read:
news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20081003/bs_prweb/prweb1413794_1

I was a little confused by the debate last night when Palin mentioned small businesses would feel a tax crunch if Obama gets elected.

Does anybody here know the details of Obama's tax plan in relation to small business?

I was a little confused by the debate last night when Palin mentioned small businesses would feel a tax crunch if Obama gets elected.

Does anybody here know the details of Obama's tax plan in relation to small business?
Nope. I do know that what Palin said was wrong, though. She claims that small businesses would be taxed under Obama. But they won't be, only personal income from small business is taxed.

She's a little shaky on the workings of the government, surprise, surprise!

it means you really should not trust polls. Remember the exit polls in the last Presidential election? Overwhelmingly for Kerry. Where is Kerry?

It means that they trust him more to deal with economic decisions... just like the rest of the public, where he's doing better than McCain.

And from factcheck...

Palin's Small Business Balderdash

Palin repeated a falsehood that the McCain campaign has peddled, off and on, for some time:

Palin: But when you talk about Barack's plan to tax increase affecting only those making $250,000 a year or more, you're forgetting millions of small businesses that are going to fit into that category. So they're going to be the ones paying higher taxes thus resulting in fewer jobs being created and less productivity.

As we reported June 23, it's simply untrue that "millions" of small business owners will pay higher federal income taxes under Obama's proposal. According to an analysis by the independent Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center, several hundred thousand small business owners, at most, would have incomes high enough to be affected by the higher rates on income, capital gains and dividends that Obama proposes. That counts as "small business owners" even those who merely have some sideline income from such endeavors as freelance writing, speaking or running rental properties, and who get the bulk of their income from employment elsewhere.

FactCheck.org: FactChecking Biden-Palin Debate

You can get more on his website, too.

It means that they trust him more to deal with economic decisions... just like the rest of the public, where he's doing better than McCain.

And from factcheck...

FactCheck.org: FactChecking Biden-Palin Debate

You can get more on his website, too.

I called bullshit on that during the thread last night.

That's one of the top things the McCain campaign likes to lie about. I expect it to be brought up in the next debate too.

Because Obama want's government to pay for things that businesses are paying for now. Healthcare insurance being one of them.
Just found this:
Independent Street : Survey: McCain the Favorite Among Small-Business Owners
A new survey suggests Republican Sen. John McCain has a big lead among small-business owners in the November presidential election.
A survey earlier this month of 1,062 business owners with 100 or fewer employees conducted by payroll administrator SurePayroll found that 64% of businesses planning to vote for either Sen. McCain or Democrat Barack Obama are leaning toward Sen. McCain, while the remaining 36% plan to vote for Sen. Obama.
A big reason many are voting for McCain, the survey found, is that respondents feel the Republican party has more favorable policies and solutions for small businesses than the Democrats.

Last edited:
Because Obama want's government to pay for things that businesses are paying for now. Healthcare being one of them.

McCain is going to give people a $5,000 health care credit (though he fails to mention he'll tax it of course).

Where is he going to get the money for that from? The sky? :cuckoo:

McCain is going to give people a $5,000 health care credit (though he fails to mention he'll tax it of course).
Where is he going to get the money for that from? The sky? :cuckoo:
I don't know where, but I'd rather the government just offer to pay for our premiums rather than provide the health care itself.

The Fed just prints money--or have you forgotten already ?

Which means shit to the rest of the world when our money is worth as much as this:

$monopoly_20money.jpg

I don't know where, but I'd rather the government just offer to pay for our premiums rather than provide the health care itself.

So you don't know where? You mock Obama's plan but plead ignorance on McCain's?

Learn the facts, then come back.

Forum List

Back