New poll looks at Tea Party views toward Minorities

Oh really, I thought it was according to you lefties.
I mean isn't that why they should receive "special" treatment and laws made up just for them.

Actually, in this case they just want equal rights. Except only 18% of you folks want to do so. :eusa_whistle:

Hummm, just what equal rights don't they have now?

Serve in the military openly...marry and have the EQUAL rights, responsibilities, and protections as straight couples, the equal right to NOT be fired in many states because of our sexual orientation, the equal right to adopt in many states as do comparable straight couples.

Off the top of my head.

All I have to say about this stupid fucking poll and the lowlife cocksuckers who still insist on using the disparaging phrase "Tea Bagger" is:

See you in November

Of course racism is part of the "hidden platform" of the Tea Party. They have risen to such prominence because a black man had the audacity to run for President. Then when he won, well that was too much for some to bear. The Tea Party has struck fear in the heart of GOP leaders, as they continue to support fringe candidates such as Rand Paul.

I would say that if you know a Tea Bagger, there is a 70-80% chance that they are a supporter of the hidden platform of racisim.

WOW, a Phone Poll

I wonder at what time they called?

I would bet 20 bucks they called between 9am and 5pm, the time when two things are happening, most people are working so that leaves all the Liberal Welfare Moochers to sit at home, watch Jerry Springers, eat Bonbons and answer Stupid Polls :eusa_whistle:

I hate Asians so much I married one. This is how she drives by the way:

[youtube]8Sp9pUnkpFA[/youtube]

On our very first date she drove through a stop sign while on her cell phone. Minorities don't really hate stereotypes, just the negative ones.

Outrageous. :evil:

I suppose the left should be judged by their extremists as well? :eusa_whistle:

If you are suggesting these statistics are skewed, you'll need to back it up.

The poll is highly subjective and clearly biased.

Take for example gay marriage.

I oppose the marriage label for gay couples. Call it domewstic partnerships if you want but not marriage. Marriage is a covenant ... it has it's basis in Judeo-Christian theocracy and the vows are unto God. No doubt you'll disagree, but that is how I feel. :)

However, I do not believe that gay couples should be denied ANY of the legal rights that straight couples enjoy, such as estate ownership transfer in the event of one's death, and medical decision making powers above that of even other family members.....just as straight partners enjoy.

I am not the least bit homophobic, but if I were to anser the poll, that is exactly how they would paint me.

WOW, a Phone Poll

I would bet 20 bucks they called between 9am and 5pm, the time when two things are happening, most people are working so that leaves all the Liberal Welfare Moochers to sit at home, watch Jerry Springers, eat Bonbons and answer Stupid Polls :eusa_whistle:

Most liberals don't have land lines. They use cell phones.

These were probably retired white people, the "base" of the Tea baggers and baguettes".

If you take the Republican Party and "condense" it to it's "base" form, it comes out "Tea Bag".

teabagger-1.jpg

photo-tea-bagger-with-n-word-300.jpg

teapartydouches_a28cd.jpg

WOW, a Phone Poll

Nope, seems legit to me.

Politics Northwest | New poll looks at tea party views toward minorities | Seattle Times Newspaper

A new University of Washington poll suggests tea party supporters are not just angry about government spending and the new national health care law.

"The data tells us this opposition and frustration with government is going hand in hand with a frustration and opposition to racial and ethnic minorities and gays and lesbians," said Matt Barreto, a political science professor and director of UW's Washington Poll.

The poll, released on Tuesday, surveyed 1,695 voters in May by phone and has a 2.3 percent margin of error. It found that 35 percent of the voters surveyed "strongly" or "somewhat" approve of the tea party movement, 37 percent dissaprove and 28 percent had no opinion or had not heard of the tea party.

The poll found 19 percent of all voters surveyed "strongly approve" of the tea party.

http://www.washingtonpoll.org/results/June1_teaparty.pdf

The full results are there.

46% believe "If blacks would only try harder, they would be just as well off as whites." As compared to 26% of all voters surveyed.

Only 18% believe that Gay and Lesbian couples should have the right to marry as straight couples. As opposed to 41% of all voters.

Well, sooooo, yeah. Thoughts USMB?

I think if you took a nationwide poll, the minorites would not fair very well, since they are in the minority. Which makes sense to me.

Rights and responsibilities of marriages in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to the United States Government Accountability Office (GAO), there are 1,138[1] statutory provisions in which marital status is a factor in determining benefits, rights, and privileges. These rights and responsibilities apply only to male-female married couples, as the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) defines marriage as between a man and a woman and thus bars same-sex couples from receiving any federal recognition of same sex marriage or conveyance of marriage benefits to same sex couples through federal marriage law.

Figures you don't like the Constitution except when it suits you.

If you had cited the Constitution you may have a point.

Outrageous. :evil:

I suppose the left should be judged by their extremists as well? :eusa_whistle:

If you are suggesting these statistics are skewed, you'll need to back it up.

The poll is highly subjective and clearly biased.

Take for example gay marriage.

I oppose the marriage label for gay couples. Call it domewstic partnerships if you want but not marriage. Marriage is a covenant ... it has it's basis in Judeo-Christian theocracy and the vows are unto God. No doubt you'll disagree, but that is how I feel. :)

However, I do not believe that gay couples should be denied ANY of the legal rights that straight couples enjoy, such as estate ownership transfer in the event of one's death, and medical decision making powers above that of even other family members.....just as straight partners enjoy.

I am not the least bit homophobic, but if I were to anser the poll, that is exactly how they would paint me.

Oh please. Now you are just being asinine because the poll didn't speak to the proper nuance for you to comment. The poll questions have to be worded in a way where most respondents can consider the question and give a discrete answer. This isn't a complicated concept.

You suggested it was skewed because of selection bias. They somehow not only knew who the tea party people were, but they knew who the bigots were and only called them.

If that's true, it's up to you to support that statement.

Oh really, I thought it was according to you lefties.
I mean isn't that why they should receive "special" treatment and laws made up just for them.

Actually, in this case they just want equal rights. Except only 18% of you folks want to do so. :eusa_whistle:

in most states, the right to marry.

of course
this pales in comparison to ALL of the rights that conservatives have lost over the years due to liberalism

like.....

the right to beat their wives
the right to beat their kids
the right to discriminate against blacks
the right to beat the crap out of gays
the right to follow ACLU members after dark, kill them and then bury them in a sand pit
the right to blow up black churches and kill little black girls

Forum List

Back