New poll has Walker up by 9 points over Barrett

Yep. Guess what party isn't going to 'invest' in the recall?

MoveOn: DNC Pulling Out of Wisconsin Recall

Bad economic data aside, 2012 may just shape up to be the best year ever for conservatives. Since last week, I have reported that the Wisconsin Recall election is moving firmly in Scott Walker's direction. Big Labor's preferred candidate, Kathleen Falk, was trounced in last week's Democrat primary. Scott Walker, who Big Labor assured us was universally despised, got almost as many votes as all the Democrats combined. This afternoon, we learn that the DNC has wisely decided not to waste a dime on the recall.

The news came from a panicked email from MoveOn.org:

BREAKING NEWS FROM WISCONSIN: The Democratic National Committee isn't investing in the massive get out the vote effort in Wisconsin to recall Scott Walker.

Wisconsin is ground zero for Democrats this summer—and there are only three weeks before Election Day—which is why this breaking news just doesn't make sense.

I hope the national GOP and the Romney campaign absorb this lesson. The left, through their mouthpieces in the media can talk a big game, but at the end of the day there is just no there, there.

Don't pay attention to polls. To many variables.

Kinda funny the DNC has pulled out considering the money they have invested in this bs recall. That speaks volumes all by itself.

Hope Walker wins in a landslide.

Last edited:

Kinda funny the DNC has pulled out considering the money they have invested in this bs recall. That speaks volumes all by itself.

I have mixed feelings.

I like the fact Walker is a guy who is addressing the real problems of how to tackle debt and state expendatures....

But he seems to also want to score points against political enemies in the process, which is downright Nixonian or Clintonian.

Personally, I don't like the concept of a recall, because it discourages politicians from making the really tough calls on policy.

If you consider minimum wage jobs in a polluted wasteland to be an ideal, yeah.

But if you guys really thought that, you would have nominated Rick Perry.

Just one example of how effortlessly I kick your ass on the facts:

'Texas remains the second-largest cyberstate by tech employment, behind California and ahead of New York. Additionally, the high-tech industry in Texas paid out $41.8 billion in payroll in 2008. The Texas average tech industry wage in 2008 was $84,800 – 82 percent higher than the state’s average private sector wage.'

TechAmerica Foundation : U.S. High-Tech Industry Sheds 245,600 Jobs in 2009

I have mixed feelings.

I like the fact Walker is a guy who is addressing the real problems of how to tackle debt and state expendatures....

But he seems to also want to score points against political enemies in the process, which is downright Nixonian or Clintonian.

Personally, I don't like the concept of a recall, because it discourages politicians from making the really tough calls on policy.

Nailed it. And all we need now is a slew of recall votes, dividing the parties even more. Mature, rational debate is simply lost. I hope the adults from both parties take back the reigns soon.

Sniper,

Cherry-picking facts doesn't constitute an argument.

Perry's Texas Has Highest Percentage Of Minimum Wage Jobs In The Nation | ThinkProgress

Additionally, Texas has by far the largest number of employees working at or below the federal minimum wage ($7.25 per hour in 2010) compared to any state, according to a BLS report. In 2010, about 550,000 Texans were working at or below minimum wage, or about 9.5 percent of all workers paid by the hour in the state. Texas tied with Mississippi for the greatest percentage of minimum wage workers…From 2007 to 2010, the number of minimum wage workers in Texas rose from 221,000 to 550,000, an increase of nearly 150 percent.

Or this...

http://www.texascenter.org/sunset/ranking.pdf

Texas ranks relatively high among the 50 U.S. states in terms of the scope of its environmental challenges
and yet our state ranks at the bottom when it comes to allocating resources to solve these problems. See
Tables 1 and 2. Overall, Texas ranks 1st among states for total toxic pollutants released to air, land and
water. Conversely, we rank 46th in the country in terms of per capita spending to address these
environmental problems.

Yup, a Capitalist Paradise, man... if you are living in your summer home in Aspen.

Are any of you nutters concerned by Walker's admitting that he was going to "divide and conquer" the workers of Wisconsin?

Do you have a link to that quote you are attributing to Walker, or are you living the Liberal Lie?

From a site you trust. Almost.

Walker: 'Divide and Conquer' Unions | Drudge Retort

"Well, we're going to start in a couple weeks with our budget adjustment bill. The first step is we're going to deal with collective bargaining for all public employees, use divide and conquer."

So, all workers in Wisconsin are public employees? :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back