New poll finds Obama has already rebuilt America’s global brand

- unless we've now become a country where dissent is no longer a good thing..... oh, wait.... yea, we have.

Can you say 'Dixie Chicks'?

May their music rest but not in peace.

Have you ever heard Barbara Mandrell's song, "I was country when country wasn't cool"? (I can't post a youtube of it because youtube has removed it due to "use violation") Well, I was anti-Dixie Chicks when being anti-Dixie Chicks wasn't cool. I disliked their music so much that when their music came on the radio, I'd turn the radio off for five minutes.

I just don't like artists that glorify murder. Another one I can't stand is Miranda Lambert. She's had two hits, "Kerosene" and "Gun Powder and Lead". Guess what both glorify murder.

Immie

Libruls are like a parrot, you can teach them a few phrases and they keep repeating it until you load the shotgun.

Iraq is Iran braaaawk
Iraq is Iran braaaawk
Iraq is Iran Braaaawk

They're whining sore losers....

and, no, nothing he does would ever please them. hence my saying that he should ignore their ignorant butts....

Not if he wants a second term. Those 'sore losers' vote..... a lot of them voted for him. Just because they disapprove does not make them ignorant - unless we've now become a country where dissent is no longer a good thing..... oh, wait.... yea, we have.

no. they didn't vote for him.

as for dissent...tell me again how a woman got dragged out of the state of the union address for wearing a t-shirt that opposed the iraq war.

or how you loons called anyone who called bush's war a war of choice a traitor.

mostly, you're here right now dissenting.

think you're gonna get carted off any time soon?

You're mistaking me for a Republican, I think. In fact, I was no more a supporter of the idiot Bush than I am of Obama. I view both as equally disgraceful. I don't bother matching 'outrage' for 'outrage', each party and its followers has behaved badly. People like me get caught in the middle. During the Bush administration, I got called a left wing idiot, during the Obama administration, I get called a right wing idiot. In fact, I am neither.

You refer to me as one of a group. I am not part of any group - with the slight proviso that I support the TEA party protestors.... for that you will again assume I am right wing but many of my left leaning friends attended the protests. It is a pity that more people who genuinely disapprove of the rabid corruption of our political system don't stand up and say so and instead choose to go along with one side or the other.

In exile, Nouri Al-Maliki, under the pseudonym “Jawad”, lived in Syria until 13/01/1982 when he moved to Iran. There he lived for a year in Ahwaz, before moving to Tehran, where he lived until 1989. His decision to go back permanently to Syria that year was faltered when he fell seriously ill and was forced to halt his plans. But, on 16th September 1990 he finally left Iran to return to Damascus where he remained until the fall of Saddam in April 2003.

Leader Description

Dec. 12, 1983 Bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait

The American embassy in Kuwait was bombed in a series of attacks whose targets also included the French embassy, the control tower at the airport, the country's main oil refinery, and a residential area for employees of the American corporation Raytheon. Six people were killed, including a suicide truck bomber, and more than 80 others were injured. The suspects were thought to be members of Al Dawa, or "The Call," an Iranian-backed group and one of the principal Shiite groups operating against Saddam Hussein in Iraq.

frontline: target america: terrorist attacks on americans, 1979-1988

In fact, one of the bombers is a member of parliament.

A man sentenced to death in Kuwait for the 1983 bombings of the U.S. and French embassies now sits in Iraq's parliament as a member of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's ruling coalition, according to U.S. military intelligence.

A Kuwaiti court sentenced Jamal Jafaar Mohammed to death in 1984 in the car bombings of the U.S. and French embassies the previous December. Five people died in the attacks and 86 were wounded.

He had fled the country before the trial.

Western intelligence agencies also accuse Jamal Jafaar Mohammed of involvement in the hijacking of a Kuwaiti airliner in 1984 and the attempted assassination of a Kuwaiti prince.

Jamal Jafaar Mohammed won a seat in Iraq's Council of Representatives in the U.S.-backed elections of December 2005. He represents Babil province, south of Baghdad, in parliament.

U.S. military: Iraqi lawmaker is U.S. Embassy bomber  - CNN.com

In exile, Nouri Al-Maliki, under the pseudonym “Jawad”, lived in Syria until 13/01/1982 when he moved to Iran. There he lived for a year in Ahwaz, before moving to Tehran, where he lived until 1989. His decision to go back permanently to Syria that year was faltered when he fell seriously ill and was forced to halt his plans. But, on 16th September 1990 he finally left Iran to return to Damascus where he remained until the fall of Saddam in April 2003.
Leader Description

Dec. 12, 1983 Bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait

The American embassy in Kuwait was bombed in a series of attacks whose targets also included the French embassy, the control tower at the airport, the country's main oil refinery, and a residential area for employees of the American corporation Raytheon. Six people were killed, including a suicide truck bomber, and more than 80 others were injured. The suspects were thought to be members of Al Dawa, or "The Call," an Iranian-backed group and one of the principal Shiite groups operating against Saddam Hussein in Iraq.
frontline: target america: terrorist attacks on americans, 1979-1988
"the enemy of my enemy is my friend" ~old arab saying

Forum List

Back