New poll finds Obama has already rebuilt America’s global brand

I'm booking my flight to Chitown for the 2016 Olympics!

Sweet!

Maybe Barry will show everyone his Noble Prize at the Opening Ceremonies?

Hey, did you ever think that maybe the reason why the US didn't get the Olympics, is because they had it twice in the last 12 years, as opposed to it being some personal comment on Obama?

Just a thought.

And the fact that no South American country has ever hosted an Olympics? It's actually about time, and Brazil's economy is growing stronger every year. As much as I would have liked for Chicago to get it, I think they made a good choice.

3000 dead in the World Trade Center. Two failed wars. The mastermind of the attack on the WTC still alive and free. An economic debacle that nearly took down the whole world.

And you want to talk about a failed bid for the Olympics?

Yep along with this:lol::lol::lol:

$smallpromoobama_s_promises.jpg

3000 dead in the World Trade Center. Two failed wars. The mastermind of the attack on the WTC still alive and free. An economic debacle that nearly took down the whole world.

Thankfully the "world" can't VOTE in this country--:lol::lol:

$Obama Pulitzer prize.gif

Sweet!

Hey, did you ever think that maybe the reason why the US didn't get the Olympics, is because they had it twice in the last 12 years, as opposed to it being some personal comment on Obama?

Just a thought.

And the fact that no South American country has ever hosted an Olympics? It's actually about time, and Brazil's economy is growing stronger every year. As much as I would have liked for Chicago to get it, I think they made a good choice.

Yes--they made a choice. Obama--"According to the Obama media networks" won the silver medal--Michelle won the Gold medal & it according to NBC--MSNBC--CBS ABC "was in the bag"--because they're leader simply showed up to give another "historic--tingley feeling runs up everyone's legs feeling"---:lol::lol::lol:

It's not that I am not giving Obama credit for trying--but HEY what do you expect when he runs all over the world apologizing for this country & then makes his speech about HIM instead of this country?

What was hillarious was the reaction of the Obama media networks--when Chicago was voted out FIRST round.

New poll finds Obama has already rebuilt America’s global brand

Barack Obama's election victory and global popularity have made the United States the world's most admired national "brand," a new survey finds.

Step aside, Germany and France. There’s a new brand leader among world powers. Who? The good old US of A – according to a new poll – thanks to the global popularity of President Barack Obama.

The Anholt-GfK Roper Nation Brands Index (NBI) survey on which countries are most admired and appreciated around the world has been conducted annually since 2005. This year the US topped the list for the first time, climbing six spots.

According to survey designer Simon Anholt President Obama, whatever his trials at home, has been well-received internationally since his election and changed the image of the US from one that dictates to one that consults. “What’s really remarkable is that in all my years studying national reputation, I have never seen any country experience such a dramatic change in its standing as we see for the United States in 2009,” Mr. Anholt said in a press release on the survey. “The results suggest that the new US administration has been well received abroad and the American electorate’s decision to vote in President Obama has given the United States the status of the world’s most admired country.”

-The Christian Science Monitor

New poll finds Obama has already rebuilt America’s global brand | csmonitor.com

Good stuff.

Yeah he has. Now we're the United States of Asskissing.

I'm sorry did you say "Two failed wars"?

Are you handing Iraq to the Insurgents and Mooky Al Sadr?

Oh yes TWO failed wars

The degree to which the Bush administration misread the Iraq war is historically inept. His firing of Gen Shinseki for advising that 125,000 troops would need to be there for years, his "they will treat us as liberators", the "Mission Accomplished" speech, his misreading of the internal political situation in Iraq.

His biggest fuck up was going into Iraq in the first place.

Now Afghanistan
Failure to capture Bin laden, withdrawing troops to concentrate on Iraq, quitting the real war on terrorism to chase windmills

Thankfully the "world" can't VOTE in this country--:lol::lol:

View attachment 8416

Too right.

Interestingly, in the weeks coming up to the election, the BBC did a poll around various Universities in the UK. They interviewed students about the then upcoming US election. Many students actually said that they WERE GOING TO VOTE for Obama. Problem, none of them were American. LOL.... These University students actually thought they could vote in our election!

It was the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

yeah, the world loves it when America is weak

Some of it might, most of it - I think - doesn't like it. It only takes a brief look around at the likely candidates to succeed the US as the world's superpower to realise that said candidates are highly undesirable. I know it's fashionable to talk up China but fuck that. A totalitarian state as the world's superpower? Get me a ticket to the Mars Colony please.

This ferriner is okay with America being strong. He is also okay with America having a president who grasps what the job is about.

This ferriner is okay with America being strong. He is also okay with America having a president who grasps what the job is about.

Bingo. And they might have somebody in the WH who actually understands that...

Something Bush may never have understood is that the threat is infinitely more powerful than the reality. His foreign policy has been shown to be a complete and utter failure, the mailed fist in the iron glove failed.

In what passes for the left in the United States some are whining about Obama but for me that represents their disconnect with reality. I think Obama has gone back to the mailed fist in the velvet glove. He isn't a prisoner of ideology as Bush was, instead he seems to be a consummate pragmatist. And right now that's what the world needs. I can appreciate Americans being pissed off with the ferriner view but if a country is going to be the world's superpower they need to understand the rest of us minnows are going to be vitally interested in what's happening in the seat of power.

In what passes for the left in the United States some are whining about Obama but for me that represents their disconnect with reality. I think Obama has gone back to the mailed fist in the velvet glove. He isn't a prisoner of ideology as Bush was, instead he seems to be a consummate pragmatist. And right now that's what the world needs. I can appreciate Americans being pissed off with the ferriner view but if a country is going to be the world's superpower they need to understand the rest of us minnows are going to be vitally interested in what's happening in the seat of power.

Always remember it is only a certain type of American. Not only are they are minority in the world opinion, but very much a minority in their own country - even if they are over represented on this board........

Always remember it is only a certain type of American. Not only are they are minority in the world opinion, but very much a minority in their own country - even if they are over represented on this board........

Agreed. The electoral results speak for themselves.

I'm sorry did you say "Two failed wars"?

Are you handing Iraq to the Insurgents and Mooky Al Sadr?

Iraq is already Iran West.

Where is Mooky Al Sadr?

How that whole "Iranian Proxies are going to take over Basra" Thingy go for your guys in the Iran Supported Insurgency?

Agreed. The electoral results speak for themselves.

Obama ran as a fiscal conservative who was going to cut the budget and now Dems are in serious shit in Virginia AND FUCKING NEW JERSEY FERCHRISTSAKE!

Sweet!

Just a thought.
Not really. you see, all I have to do is ask Myself how would the liberals have pursued it if Bush had lost the Olympics and then I can sit back and realize that Frank isn't that far off the mark.

I have to say, you people are just fucking crazy.

EVERYTHING this man does is apparently not only wrong, but somehow disgraceful.

You seriously need to have your head checked.

But what can one expect from the G-NO-P?

Just a thought.
Not really. you see, all I have to do is ask Myself how would the liberals have pursued it if Bush had lost the Olympics and then I can sit back and realize that Frank isn't that far off the mark.

I have to say, you people are just fucking crazy.

EVERYTHING this man does is apparently not only wrong, but somehow disgraceful.

You seriously need to have your head checked.

But what can one expect from the G-NO-P?

They're whining sore losers....

and, no, nothing he does would ever please them. hence my saying that he should ignore their ignorant butts....

Forum List

Back