New poll finds Obama has already rebuilt America’s global brand

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
New poll finds Obama has already rebuilt America’s global brand

Barack Obama's election victory and global popularity have made the United States the world's most admired national "brand," a new survey finds.

Step aside, Germany and France. There’s a new brand leader among world powers. Who? The good old US of A – according to a new poll – thanks to the global popularity of President Barack Obama.

The Anholt-GfK Roper Nation Brands Index (NBI) survey on which countries are most admired and appreciated around the world has been conducted annually since 2005. This year the US topped the list for the first time, climbing six spots.

According to survey designer Simon Anholt President Obama, whatever his trials at home, has been well-received internationally since his election and changed the image of the US from one that dictates to one that consults. “What’s really remarkable is that in all my years studying national reputation, I have never seen any country experience such a dramatic change in its standing as we see for the United States in 2009,” Mr. Anholt said in a press release on the survey. “The results suggest that the new US administration has been well received abroad and the American electorate’s decision to vote in President Obama has given the United States the status of the world’s most admired country.”

-The Christian Science Monitor

New poll finds Obama has already rebuilt America&#8217;s global brand | csmonitor.com

Good stuff.

I'm booking my flight to Chitown for the 2016 Olympics!

Sweet!

Maybe Barry will show everyone his Noble Prize at the Opening Ceremonies?

• Banned

Sweet!

Hey, did you ever think that maybe the reason why the US didn't get the Olympics, is because they had it twice in the last 12 years, as opposed to it being some personal comment on Obama?

Just a thought.

Last edited:

Sweet!

Hey, did you ever think that maybe the reason why the US didn't get the Olympics, is because they had it twice in the last 12 years, as opposed to it being some personal comment on Obama?

Just a thought.
Not really. you see, all I have to do is ask Myself how would the liberals have pursued it if Bush had lost the Olympics and then I can sit back and realize that Frank isn't that far off the mark.

Sweet!

Just a thought.
Not really. you see, all I have to do is ask Myself how would the liberals have pursued it if Bush had lost the Olympics and then I can sit back and realize that Frank isn't that far off the mark.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Our stock rises as the dollar plummets, as Obama spends more time with David Letterman than with Gen McChrystal, as Iran goes nuclear.

Yeah, it really means somethign that we're "Number 1" again

3000 dead in the World Trade Center. Two failed wars. The mastermind of the attack on the WTC still alive and free. An economic debacle that nearly took down the whole world.

And you want to talk about a failed bid for the Olympics?

3000 dead in the World Trade Center. Two failed wars. The mastermind of the attack on the WTC still alive and free. An economic debacle that nearly took down the whole world.

I'm sorry did you say "Two failed wars"?

Are you handing Iraq to the Insurgents and Mooky Al Sadr?

Bush's administration mucked it all up, and Obama's correcting it.

CrusaderCrank is having trouble handling the simple fact that the Nobel award is the international community's ratification of the American public's rejection of all things and people associated with Bush.

CrusaderCrank is having trouble handling the simple fact that the Nobel award is the international community's ratification of the American public's rejection of all things and people associated with Bush.

And that matters because....?

President Obama, whatever his trials at home, has been well-received internationally since his election and changed the image of the US from one that dictates to one that consults.

I'm not so sure that I like that... how are they defining "consult" there?

consult - Dictionary definition and pronunciation - Yahoo! Education

a) To seek advice or information of: consult an attorney.

b) To work or serve as a consultant

Because if they mean that we ask advice of other governments/peoples/organizations i.e. the Nobel Peace Prize committee, I don't think that is such a good thing. If they mean we are letting others dictate our policies i.e. apologizing for being America, I have a problem with that.

If they mean that we are working with other nations to offer our advice and service, I can deal with that. But, if we are seeking advice from liberal nations throughout the world, well... shit! That is all I can think to say.

Immie

Last edited:
Its not surprising. I can't remember the US ever being held in such low self-esteem as it was under Bush.

Obama is a symbol of progress to the world more than anything. It is likely that people would have thought the same way if any new Democrat had been elected President.

uhh...yeah, and thats all a bunch of bullshit made up after the fact so bam bam can say "i deserve it" fuck off ass crack

And you're the moron who thinks that Obama got the Nobel prize cause the American people got rid of Bush. I wouldnt be so quick to lecture anyone if I were you.

Yaaa....who the fuck cares about unemployment, trillion dollar deficits and a tanking dollar....
By God we look good to France!!!! We're just as fucked up as they are now. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

LWC is a DNC tool

I'm sorry did you say "Two failed wars"?

Are you handing Iraq to the Insurgents and Mooky Al Sadr?

Iraq is already Iran West.

Forum List

Back