New Poll: Catholics want birth control coverage: Catholic women side with Obama

I am a catholic woman who has used BC...I have no problem with the government stepping on a religion as long as they do it fairly...all Islamic compliant companies should also have to give insurance to their female employees that includes contraceptives..Clearly this is a war on Christians.

Government stepping on a religion?

What next? Make deli's sell pork products?

:lol:

Your choice to use BC is between you, your God and your Church. It's a personal choice.
Separation of Church and State goes two ways.

And the State is interfering with the Church and it has no right to.

The Catholic Church is more interested in preventing contraception than preventing pedophillia.

Do you EVER stay on topic.?

Birth control is the topic.

The Catholic Church wants to keep women enslaved and having as many babies as possible.

More Catholics means more power and money for the church.

Obama can't interfere with that or their love of little boys.

BINGO!

You nailed that. To hell with the Pope and his henchmen in Rome.

So being against murdering black babies for convenience is an indication of hatred toward blacks, liberty, and America?

Congratulations! That's the dumbest post today. Of course, the day is young.

It's true... hatred of black babies by r-wing extremists begins at birth.

We "hate" them so much that we are trying to keep them from being killed.

While you love them so much you want to kill them.

And progressives wonder why people dont accept their arguments.

You love embroys... once born, you strive to deny them health-care, head-start, nutrition via free breakfast and lunch programs for the disadvantaged at public schools, college tuition via student loans, grants. Social-Security, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:
AHA!

Contrary to what the r-wing talking-heads and media will have you believe... Catholics overall, and especially Catholic women side with President Obama on this issue. I knew it! :clap2:

Catholics want birth control coverage: New surveys

Pundits and bishops warn President Obama he could lose the white Catholic vote over requiring a contraception option for insurance plans. But Catholic women side with Obama on this, a new survey says.

The pivot point is how you see this. Is it a battle over birth control -- used by 98% of U.S. women at some time in their lives -- or over government intrusion into the right of religious organizations to live by their teachings?

The Catholic bishops, backed by conservative evangelicals, say the federal government should not include contraception coverage as part of free preventive care options in employers' health insurance plans.

Hence the showdown: As our editorial Monday says, religious liberties fight or, as Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius says, a free choice issue.

And here's where the Catholic women come in. According to the Public Religion Research Institute poll released today,

A majority (55%) of Americans agree that "employers should be required to provide their employees with health care plans that cover contraception and birth control at no cost." Four-in-ten (40%) disagree with this requirement.

Edited...read the rest of the article from the link provided.

You knew it? Wow, I am not impressed. Are you aware that the same poll you are pointing out actually proves Obama has a fight on his hands?

A majority of Catholics (52%) say that religiously affiliated colleges and hospitals should have to provide coverage that includes contraception.

• Among Catholic voters, however, only 45% support this requirement, while 52% oppose it.
  • Only about 4-in-10 (41%) white Catholics support this requirement, compared to 58% who oppose it.

The voters are the ones who he has to worry about, and this issue is more likely to draw new voters from the pool that opposes it than it is from the ones that support it.

You love embroys... once born, you strive to deny them health-care, head-start, nutrition via free breakfast and lunch programs for the disadvantaged at public schools, college tuition via student loans, grants. Social-Security, etc, etc, etc.

:lol:

Are you related to RDean?

The Catholic Church wants to keep women enslaved and having as many babies as possible.

BINGO!

How do you feel about Islam? Same way? To hell with them and their Imams as well?

Just wondering. They have very similar attitudes and religious laws.

Particularly on abortion. There are medical students in Britain who refuse to learn how to abort. Interesting dilema for the medical society.

Last edited:
AHA!

Contrary to what the r-wing talking-heads and media will have you believe... Catholics overall, and especially Catholic women side with President Obama on this issue. I knew it! :clap2:

Catholics want birth control coverage: New surveys

Pundits and bishops warn President Obama he could lose the white Catholic vote over requiring a contraception option for insurance plans. But Catholic women side with Obama on this, a new survey says.

The pivot point is how you see this. Is it a battle over birth control -- used by 98% of U.S. women at some time in their lives -- or over government intrusion into the right of religious organizations to live by their teachings?

The Catholic bishops, backed by conservative evangelicals, say the federal government should not include contraception coverage as part of free preventive care options in employers' health insurance plans.

Hence the showdown: As our editorial Monday says, religious liberties fight or, as Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius says, a free choice issue.

And here's where the Catholic women come in. According to the Public Religion Research Institute poll released today,

A majority (55%) of Americans agree that "employers should be required to provide their employees with health care plans that cover contraception and birth control at no cost." Four-in-ten (40%) disagree with this requirement.

Edited...read the rest of the article from the link provided.

AHA!

Contrary to what you think, this is irrelevant to the issue. I don't give a fart in a windstorm HOW many Catholic women, or anyone else, you get to disagree. First Amendment rights are not up for a vote. The people who run the institutions in question STILL have the right to operate according to THEIR consciences, and those women are just going to have to settle for dictating THEIR OWN actions, rather than getting to dictate those of others.

Life just sucks when people insist on exercising their Constitutional right not to give a shit what you think, doesn't it?

I don't have a problem with birth control, as long as the definition of "birth control" does NOT include INFANTICIDE.

The Catholics have always been HYPOCRITES anyway. Gambling and womanizing and all other vices are OK with the catholics, as long as you attend your local parrish regularly, and go to the confessional to get your "hail marys" and absolution.

So what exactly is your point, "kidrocks"? You seem so "tickled" with this survey. You must be a Catholic.

Oh, I love that. "Catholics are hypocrites, because they only condemn the things THEY think are sins, instead of condemning the things I think are sins." Idiot, please. Hypocrisy is NOT defined by setting their doctrine contary to what YOU think is moral. Since when do you leftist pinheads believe in one, universal, objective moral standard, anyway?

How convenient. The left hate the First Amendment. Obama hates the Constitution.

I'm gonna cut a check this month to a pro life charity. LOL

Of course you will because you hate freedom of choice, blacks, and America by association.

'Cause everyone knows abortion is right up there with Mom, apple pie, and the flag when it comes to symbolizing America.

And if you're so into freedom of choice, how come you're so opposed to people choosing anything other than what YOU approve of?

Of course you will because you hate freedom of choice, blacks, and America by association.

So being against murdering black babies for convenience is an indication of hatred toward blacks, liberty, and America?

Congratulations! That's the dumbest post today. Of course, the day is young.

At least we're willing to let them HAVE a birth. Hatred of black babies by left-wing extremists apparently begins when their mothers spread their legs.

The first comment from that link nailed it, How can women abide by laws written by unmarried men?

Laws? What laws? Are we referring to the tenets of the Catholic faith? The answer to that would be, "by choice". No one holds a gun to anyone's head and forces them to be Catholic, so if they don't like the rules of that particular religious club, they're more than welcome to take their whining asses off and find one whose rules DO suit them. There's certainly no shortage to choose from.

Get rid of the federal mandate or Catholic charities need to stop accepting aid from the state, which they get billions for. This is a blatant case of hypocrisy. Catholic charities, schools, and hospitals cannot invoke their Constitutional right when they are piggybacking off of the state.

Catholics can't have your cake and eat too. Catholics can't accept aid from the state and then have their religious figures determine the moral conduct of the organization according to their religious doctrine.

Catholics cannot accept funding from the state and use that funding to promote Catholicism. In fact, that is a violation of the First Amendment. However, many people are insistent of putting the horse before the cart.

Last edited:
This whole notion that this violates the First Amendment doesn't hold water. The Catholic Church voluntarily chooses to operate secular institutions (such as hospitals and schools) that are open to the public, yet want to force their beliefs upon the public. Plus, they receive a plethora of state money for their charities.

Its like a group of Christian Scientists opening up a restaurant and refusing to offer their diabetic employee coverage for insulin, and then screaming about their First Amendment rights regarding this mandate.

I think the federal mandate is much more unConstitutional than this.

I'm sorry, but where does the First Amendment say, "Unless you're operating a secular institution"? Where does it say, "only in the context of church"? Or "unless you're receiving government money"? Where was I when exercising religious freedom was Constitutionally restricted to only certain times or facets of life? Last time I checked, I and every other citizen of the United States has the right to freely exercise their religious beliefs 24/7.

Admittedly, I haven't checked the "living Constitution" today, so it might have sprouted a new penumbra I'm not aware of.

The first comment from that link nailed it, How can women abide by laws written by unmarried men?

Laws? What laws? Are we referring to the tenets of the Catholic faith? The answer to that would be, "by choice". No one holds a gun to anyone's head and forces them to be Catholic, so if they don't like the rules of that particular religious club, they're more than welcome to take their whining asses off and find one whose rules DO suit them. There's certainly no shortage to choose from.

Enjoy your red herring. No one said that anyone puts a gun to anyone's head and forces them to be Catholic.

However, you missed the point. Christianity has biblical laws or moral codes of conducts, especially for women. However, these biblical laws and moral codes of conducts are made by unmarried men.

This went right over your head.......whooosh.

I am a catholic woman who has used BC...I have no problem with the government stepping on a religion as long as they do it fairly...all Islamic compliant companies should also have to give insurance to their female employees that includes contraceptives..Clearly this is a war on Christians.

Oh, really? You have no problem with the government stepping on religion as long as they step on all of them? Really?! You're going to go with that? "You can take our Constitutional rights, as long as you take everyone else's as well"?

And by the way, you pathetic embarassment to thinking human beings, this DOES apply to institutions of ALL religions, not just Catholics. It just happens to be the Catholics who are screaming about it at the moment. Muslim organizations have issued protests, as well. Which should satisfy you, since that means your treasured police state is being even-handedly imposed.

Congratulations. This is, hands-down, the most ignorant post I've seen so far this week, and unlikely to be surpassed.

BINGO!

Then don't join the Catholic Church, numbfuck. No one's going to force you to. But don't try to dictate to other people what they can and can't believe, and how they can and can't exercise those beliefs. What's so fucking hard for you dimwits to understand about this?

This whole notion that this violates the First Amendment doesn't hold water. The Catholic Church voluntarily chooses to operate secular institutions (such as hospitals and schools) that are open to the public, yet want to force their beliefs upon the public. Plus, they receive a plethora of state money for their charities.

Its like a group of Christian Scientists opening up a restaurant and refusing to offer their diabetic employee coverage for insulin, and then screaming about their First Amendment rights regarding this mandate.

I think the federal mandate is much more unConstitutional than this.

I'm sorry, but where does the First Amendment say, "Unless you're operating a secular institution"? Where does it say, "only in the context of church"? Or "unless you're receiving government money"? Where was I when exercising religious freedom was Constitutionally restricted to only certain times or facets of life? Last time I checked, I and every other citizen of the United States has the right to freely exercise their religious beliefs 24/7.

Admittedly, I haven't checked the "living Constitution" today, so it might have sprouted a new penumbra I'm not aware of.

You want your state money while you enjoy your separation of church and state, all while promoting your religious views.

Anyways, I see that you are just randomly applying to posts while spouting off a bunch of hyperbolic BS mixed in with red herrings, strawmans, and other logical fallacies.

Interesting. So you want people to be allowed to live, and then you DON'T want to turn them into helpless, useless sucking leeches who can't wipe their own asses without government-issued instructions?

You coldhearted bitch, you! :eusa_whistle:

the CC has every right to be against BC....that's their right to freedom of religion, but i don't believe the CC has the right to force their beliefs on to others that work for them at hospitals and universities.....

if this was about forcing the Catholic Church to cover their church members, that's another story...but it is NOT about that is it?

Forum List

Back