New Outrageous Lie from NRA: Gun Silencers Protect Kids' Hearing

Why is the NRA pushing silencers?

For small game hunting. So you can hunt without hearing protection and to keep your dogs and horses from getting hearing damage.

Suppressors only really works with subsonic ammunition.

Supersonic ammo is still pretty loud.

I'll see if I can find you a video and post it here.

Here you go, 22 caliber rimfire subsonic (slow) vs supersonic (normal) ammunition through a supressor:

Just use a lawnmower muffler. They work...

Salon / By Alexander Zaitchik

Silencers could give the next Adam Lanza even more time to kill -- but to the NRA, it's got to be protected.

A gruesome holiday season exercise: Think of some firearms and accessories that might have added to the body counts of Aurora and Newtown. More starkly, imagine the means by which coming Auroras and Newtowns will be made more deadly.

The exercise starts with a militarized baseline, as both shooters unloaded designed-for-damage rounds from high-capacity magazines loaded into assault rifles. Improving their killing efficiency would require one of two things: the ability to shoot more bullets faster, or more time. A fully automatic machine gun would provide the first. More minutes to hunt, meanwhile, might be gained by employing a noise suppressor, those metallic tubes better known as silencers. By muffling the noise generated with every shot by sonic booms and gas release, a silencer would provide a new degree of intimacy for public mass murder, delaying by crucial seconds or minutes the moment when someone calls the police after overhearing strange bangs coming from Theater 4 or Classroom D. The same qualities that make silencers the accessory of choice for targeted assassination offer advantages to the armed psychopath set on indiscriminate mass murder.

It should surprise no one that the NRA has recently thrown its weight behind an industry campaign to deregulate and promote the use of silencers. Under the trade banner of the American Silencer Association, manufacturers have come together with the support of the NRA to rebrand the silencer as a safety device belonging in every all-American gun closet. To nurture this potentially large and untapped market, the ASA last April sponsored the first annual all-silencer gun shoot and trade show in Dallas. America’s silencer makers are each doing their part. SWR Suppressors is asking survivalists to send a picture of their “bugout bag” for a chance to win an assault rifle silencer. The firm Silencero — “We Dig Suppressors and What They Do” — has put together a helpful “Silencers Are Legal” website and produced a series of would-be viral videos featuring this asshole.

Much More: New Outrageous Lie from NRA: Gun Silencers Protect Kids' Hearing | Alternet

American Silencer Association

Silencers Are Legal

[ame=[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HAZ0KSZQG_U]NRA-ILA"]YouTube[/URL] on Silencers - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL65FAD275E3DB4977&v=kx8EJpL1Uhk&feature=player_detailpage]How"]YouTube[/URL] Loud Is It? eps. 1: Face Slap - YouTube[/ame]
Well, at least their hearing will be OK as they are gunned down.

Salon / By Alexander Zaitchik

Silencers could give the next Adam Lanza even more time to kill -- but to the NRA, it's got to be protected.

A gruesome holiday season exercise: Think of some firearms and accessories that might have added to the body counts of Aurora and Newtown. More starkly, imagine the means by which coming Auroras and Newtowns will be made more deadly.

The exercise starts with a militarized baseline, as both shooters unloaded designed-for-damage rounds from high-capacity magazines loaded into assault rifles. Improving their killing efficiency would require one of two things: the ability to shoot more bullets faster, or more time. A fully automatic machine gun would provide the first. More minutes to hunt, meanwhile, might be gained by employing a noise suppressor, those metallic tubes better known as silencers. By muffling the noise generated with every shot by sonic booms and gas release, a silencer would provide a new degree of intimacy for public mass murder, delaying by crucial seconds or minutes the moment when someone calls the police after overhearing strange bangs coming from Theater 4 or Classroom D. The same qualities that make silencers the accessory of choice for targeted assassination offer advantages to the armed psychopath set on indiscriminate mass murder.

It should surprise no one that the NRA has recently thrown its weight behind an industry campaign to deregulate and promote the use of silencers. Under the trade banner of the American Silencer Association, manufacturers have come together with the support of the NRA to rebrand the silencer as a safety device belonging in every all-American gun closet. To nurture this potentially large and untapped market, the ASA last April sponsored the first annual all-silencer gun shoot and trade show in Dallas. America’s silencer makers are each doing their part. SWR Suppressors is asking survivalists to send a picture of their “bugout bag” for a chance to win an assault rifle silencer. The firm Silencero — “We Dig Suppressors and What They Do” — has put together a helpful “Silencers Are Legal” website and produced a series of would-be viral videos featuring this asshole.

Much More: New Outrageous Lie from NRA: Gun Silencers Protect Kids' Hearing | Alternet

American Silencer Association

Silencers Are Legal

[ame=[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HAZ0KSZQG_U]NRA-ILA']YouTube[/URL] on Silencers - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL65FAD275E3DB4977&v=kx8EJpL1Uhk&feature=player_detailpage]How']YouTube[/URL] Loud Is It? eps. 1: Face Slap - YouTube[/ame]
Well, at least their hearing will be OK as they are gunned down.

Yes, because obviously hunting down kids with guns is a sport in far left circles - that's how this guy would know.

For small game hunting. So you can hunt without hearing protection and to keep your dogs and horses from getting hearing damage.

Suppressors only really works with subsonic ammunition.

Supersonic ammo is still pretty loud.

I'll see if I can find you a video and post it here.

Here you go, 22 caliber rimfire subsonic (slow) vs supersonic (normal) ammunition through a supressor:

Just use a lawnmower muffler. They work...

Still illegal.

I'm a law abiding citizen.

But, if I weren't, I could build a suppressor in about an hour with a maglite flashlight and some automotive freeze plugs.

The law only stops law abiding citizens.

How do you NaziCon gun nuts feel about silencers? Should they be legal?

Yes. I should have mine in four months if the gods may be in my favor. Whenever it comes I’ll be sure to post a shit ton of pics of little kids shooting a surpressed Glock in an “ I’m the NRA” T-shirt for ya..

How do you NaziCon gun nuts feel about silencers? Should they be legal?

1. TECHNICALLY they are right - 'Silencers' do protect hearing. (True but meant as a joke)

2. TECHNICAL FACT: A 'Silencer' Never killed anyone. (True but meant as a joke)

3. IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION, I personally don't see the need for anyone to have one...but that is my OPINION. I do not speak for anyone else.

'One' could argue that a 'Silencer' is 'similar' to a laser site for a weapon - an 'accessory'.

On the other side 'one' could argue that a 'silencer' could make committing crimes easier. Taking this argument to the extreme, so could BULLETS.

'One' could argue that making 'Silencers' illegal would not stop those who want them from having them, like with anything else.
- The Internet is an awesome yet 'frightening' tool. In less than 10 seconds I found this:
--- How to Make a Silencer - Gun Shots

New outrageous lie from insane fucking liberals. Silencers kill people!

Film @ never!

Silencers generally allow stealth killing of more people than without. Even worse than high-capacity magazines.

You do realize that suppressors dont actually silence a gunshot right?
Of course you dont,what am I thinking,you're an ignorant liberal.

Lookup the equivalent of 133 decibels,the sound level of a suppressed .308

You're like that idiot Diana DeGette from Colorado....you dont know shit about firearms.

Both side are wrong here. The movie silencers are not reality. In reality the sounds isn’t silenced that much. So the silencer argument is BS.

On the other end, it does muzzle a little bit of the noise. In the Vegas shooting that little bit of sound muzzle could have made people’s reactions less quick, which could have up the casualties.

There is no good reason for the silencer. If it is about harm to hearing then there are easy alternatives to use. Air plugs. I use them every time I go shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

There are a lot of reasons.
One it would make target shooting more comfortable and two you dont want to wear ear protection while hunting because you cant hear the game approaching.

Why doesn't the army use silencers?
They don't work on AR 15s. The noise just travels out of the open bolt. Silencers arent practical for guns you are going to fire a lot of rounds out of. They stop working after a few shots, so youve got to clean the silencer before it'll work again.

Silencers are best on subsonic rounds, which the military doesnt really use. They might exist in some special forces armories, but that would be about it.

Last edited:
Yes, Finland, Norway and France are far advanced in many ways.
France? Dude France has the strictest laws for guns let alone silencers. What screwed France is the flooding guns from the eastern European blocks. It was almost possible to see a gun or hear about a gun shooting.
My brother in law was a policeman, he wasn't even allowed to carry gun off duty. And he never got to draw his gun for almost 30 years.

Forum List

Back