New Orleans Will Be CHOCOLATE Again...Where IS The Outrage!

Powerman said:
Sorry D. I didn't know this had been posted. I figured it would belong in the politics area since his motivation is obviously political. The only reason he wants blacks in new orleans is so he can get elected again. He's trying to form a new base and get them back in N.O.

Hey, it probably deserves repeating, its probably the first time you have ever posted anything remotely true! :)

YOU GO BRO!

After a day of thought?

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/17/D8F6M8IG2.html

New Orleans Mayor Apologizes for Remark
Jan 17 4:40 PM US/Eastern

By BRETT MARTEL
Associated Press Writer

Mayor Ray Nagin apologized Tuesday for a Martin Luther King Day speech in which he predicted that New Orleans would be a "chocolate" city once more and asserted that "God was mad at America."

"I said some things that were totally inappropriate. ... It shouldn't have happened," Nagin said, explaining he was caught up in the moment as he spoke to mostly black spectators, many of them fearful of being shut out of the city's rebuilding.

During the speech Monday, Nagin, who is black, said that the hurricanes that hit the nation in quick succession were a sign of God's anger toward the United States and toward black communities, too, for their violence and infighting. He also said New Orleans has to be a mostly black city again because "it's the way God wants it to be."

On Tuesday, Nagin said his comments about God were inappropriate and stemmed from a private conversation he had with a minister earlier. "I need to be more sensitive and more aware of what I'm saying," he said.

The mayor said his speech was really meant to convey that blacks were a vital part of New Orleans' history and culture and should be encouraged to return. "I want everyone to be welcome in New Orleans _ black, white, Asian, everybody," he said.

Nagin said the other main point he had hoped to make Monday was that when blacks do return, they must work to stamp out the crime and political infighting that have held them back.

New Orleans was more than 65 percent black before Hurricane Katrina. The storm displaced about three-quarters of the city's population. Most of the estimated 125,000 residents who have been able to return are white.

Nagin, a former cable company executive and political novice, was elected in 2002 with about 90 percent of the white vote, according to polls conducted by Ed Renwick, the director of Loyola University's Institute of Politics.

Nagin received less than half the black vote, Renwick said Tuesday, and the mayor's heaviest criticism since taking office has come from rival political factions in the black community, many of whom have portrayed him as an "Uncle Tom" who caters to the interests of white businessmen.

Nagin has been trying harder to gain the trust of black residents, Renwick said.

"But some of the remarks he made Monday will possibly dampen enthusiasm among some whites," Renwick said. "It seemed to be another Nagin-being-Nagin. He has a penchant for just speaking off the cuff and not thinking it through."

The political analyst added: "He also tends to speak to the literal audience he's with at the time instead of the whole world he reaches through the TV, radio and print media."

Pale Rider said:
I've been listening to the news, including Fox News, for hours since this happened. I've not heard one damn word about it. It appears his comments will ignored by all.

I'll bet if I just said something derogatory about ni99ers here, I'd get my ass chewed. Why do we allow this double standard for spook's to continue?

Hey Pale,I guess they finally picked up on it. Mayor Nagin was on Dayside today on Fox News along with Montel Williams. Montal was sticking up for him,but wanting to know where all the press is over Hillary's comments yesterday about the Republican party.

Hannity talked about it today too. Funny thing,Drudge had it yesterday before anyone else.

sitarro said:
After a day of thought?

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/17/D8F6M8IG2.html

New Orleans Mayor Apologizes for Remark
Jan 17 4:40 PM US/Eastern

By BRETT MARTEL
Associated Press Writer

Mayor Ray Nagin apologized Tuesday for a Martin Luther King Day speech in which he predicted that New Orleans would be a "chocolate" city once more and asserted that "God was mad at America."

"I said some things that were totally inappropriate. ... It shouldn't have happened," Nagin said, explaining he was caught up in the moment as he spoke to mostly black spectators, many of them fearful of being shut out of the city's rebuilding.

During the speech Monday, Nagin, who is black, said that the hurricanes that hit the nation in quick succession were a sign of God's anger toward the United States and toward black communities, too, for their violence and infighting. He also said New Orleans has to be a mostly black city again because "it's the way God wants it to be."

On Tuesday, Nagin said his comments about God were inappropriate and stemmed from a private conversation he had with a minister earlier. "I need to be more sensitive and more aware of what I'm saying," he said.

The mayor said his speech was really meant to convey that blacks were a vital part of New Orleans' history and culture and should be encouraged to return. "I want everyone to be welcome in New Orleans _ black, white, Asian, everybody," he said.

Nagin said the other main point he had hoped to make Monday was that when blacks do return, they must work to stamp out the crime and political infighting that have held them back.

New Orleans was more than 65 percent black before Hurricane Katrina. The storm displaced about three-quarters of the city's population. Most of the estimated 125,000 residents who have been able to return are white.

Nagin, a former cable company executive and political novice, was elected in 2002 with about 90 percent of the white vote, according to polls conducted by Ed Renwick, the director of Loyola University's Institute of Politics.

Nagin received less than half the black vote, Renwick said Tuesday, and the mayor's heaviest criticism since taking office has come from rival political factions in the black community, many of whom have portrayed him as an "Uncle Tom" who caters to the interests of white businessmen.

Nagin has been trying harder to gain the trust of black residents, Renwick said.

"But some of the remarks he made Monday will possibly dampen enthusiasm among some whites," Renwick said. "It seemed to be another Nagin-being-Nagin. He has a penchant for just speaking off the cuff and not thinking it through."

The political analyst added: "He also tends to speak to the literal audience he's with at the time instead of the whole world he reaches through the TV, radio and print media."

SO is he required to join Trent Lott in exile, or what?

GunnyL said:
SO is he required to join Trent Lott in exile, or what?

Sure he will. Not.

Nagin says God caused Katrina to punish America. He gets a pass.

Robertson say Sharon's medical problems could be because he gave land away that God didn't want him to- he is villified.

Hmmm.... Methinks I see some hypocrisy. At the very least, a double standard.

Abbey Normal said:
Sure he will. Not.

Robertson say Sharon's medical problems could be because he gave land away that God didn't want him to- he is villified.

What I thought was interesting is that he was claiming God was punshing America for invading Iraq. So naturally God devastates a heavily Democrat city.

Ya know if God was going to punish New Orleans and America, I think it would probably be over the sin and not over its efforts to rid the world of a tyrant.

What I thought was interesting is that he was claiming God was punshing America for invading Iraq. So naturally God devastates a heavily Democrat city.

Ya know if God was going to punish New Orleans and America, I think it would probably be over the sin and not over its efforts to rid the world of a tyrant.

Yeah, New Orleans being the only place within U.S. borders where you can get drugs, hookers, and black magic all on the same street.

Abbey Normal said:
Sure he will. Not.

Hmmm.... I thought he said Bush cause Katrina to punish only the libs in NO? Or was that Blanco?

Powerman said:
I must say before this gets too out of hand that Nagin was actually doing a pretty good job in New Orleans pre-Katrina. I think he has just lost it now however. He was cleaning up a lot of the corruption that was going on in N.O. under Mayor Moreal. He was certainly an upgrade but he just collapsed under the pressure when the hurricane came.

Bit of a domino effect with Nagin, I think. He did what most Democrats do and pointed a finger at President Bush. It didn't take long for the fingers to stat pointing back at him when people started to realize he didn't pull his own weight. Seems like he's been struggling to climb his way out of the grace he dug for himself ever since.

http://thepoliticalteen.net/2006/01/17/naginexplainschocolate/

I noticed everybody missed his first explanation. Pretty sad. There's a video at the link, by the way.

MAYOR RAY NAGIN: Do you know anything about chocolate?

REPORTER: I’m asking you.

NAGIN: I’m asking you. Do you know anything chocolate? How do you make chocolate? You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. That’s the chocolate I’m talking about.

Okay. Just stoking the fire a bit.

"I don't give a damn Scarlett" what Nagin prefers to call his city...I have no intention of spending my money in this "Den Of Sin" no matter if they call it chocolate,vanilla or strawberry...the same goes for my tax dollars and donations(withheld)!

And if your really think about what Nagan said. It was a real slap in the face to all the people who donated their hard earned money for NO. I for one do NOT accept your apology :asshole:

Stephanie said:
And if your really think about what he said. It was a real slap in the face to all the people who donated their hard earned money for NO. I for one do NOT accept your apology :asshole:

I did not ask for an apology....ya are okay kid...but ya have to remember we all do not just give to give...I for one must see what exactly one is asking for before I part with the'''Show me the money" why(?) is what I always ask first!....Have a nice day though....minus the cute term "asshole" ;)

archangel said:
I did not ask for an apology....ya are okay kid...but ya have to remember we all do not just give to give...I for one must see what exactly one is asking for before I part with the'''Show me the money" why(?) is what I always ask first!....Have a nice day though....minus the cute term "asshole" ;)

Arch, I was referring to Nagin, what he said. I thought I put his Name in my post. I should of, here I'll change it. :)

Stephanie said:
Arch, I was referring to Nagin, what he said. I thought I put his Name in my post. I should of, here I'll change it. :)

your pm explained it....carry on! :D

How weak is his chocolate milk explanation. It is utter BS. He never mentioned anything about making a city of ovaltine. He was speaking to a black audience, he mentioned getting "African-Americans"(whatever that is) back to New Orleans because it is an ''AfrAmerican city and that is how God hisself wantsit. I would have to say that it isn't chocolate that gives him his brown complexion, it is the fact that he's filled to the brim with BullShit.

krisy said:
Hey Pale,I guess they finally picked up on it. Mayor Nagin was on Dayside today on Fox News along with Montel Williams. Montal was sticking up for him,but wanting to know where all the press is over Hillary's comments yesterday about the Republican party.

Hannity talked about it today too. Funny thing,Drudge had it yesterday before anyone else.

Yeah I caught it yesterday actually on Hannity's radio show. Sean was having a fit. "He's a great American"... :D

Jimmyeatworld found what I was going to post...

MAYOR RAY NAGIN: Do you know anything about chocolate?

REPORTER: I’m asking you.

NAGIN: I’m asking you. Do you know anything chocolate? How do you make chocolate? You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. That’s the chocolate I’m talking about.

It just leaves me wondering who the dumb s.o.b. is that's going to believe that B.S.? I know... there's always those that do. And they're the ones that can't even tell you who the Vice President is, and they vote democrap "just because". That's their reason, "just because".

Forum List

Back