New Orleans Will Be CHOCOLATE Again...Where IS The Outrage!

Why rebuild a city that is going to discriminate against races? I realize Nagin is a loose cannon and was just doing his black-to black jive but if he is trying to ask the rest of the country for help, he might consider lying about his motives.

dilloduck said:
Why rebuild a city that is going to discriminate against races? I realize Nagin is a loose cannon and was just doing his black-to black jive but if he is trying to ask the rest of the country for help, he might consider lying about his motives.

you forget that blacks have a "pass" they can not discriminate.....and you have to help them because of what happened 150 years ago.....

manu1959 said:
you forget that blacks have a "pass" they can not discriminate.....and you have to help them because of what happened 150 years ago.....

Well hell---that's good enough for me. Can we call it "Chocolatehood" ?

My take…..Just a guess.......

Jesse Jackson must be about to fade away, and Nagin is using his 15 minutes to become a new “black leader”. And the beat goes on. :)

My guess is that after what we saw and heard was going on in New Orleans after Katrina, tourism will take many years to recover, if ever. Nagin's comment may just reinforce the fears people will have when imagining visiting the city. Of course, Nagin's primary interest is in his own political future, and he probably needs large numbers of blacks to move back in order to be re-elected.

Abbey Normal said:
My guess is that after what we saw and heard was going on in New Orleans after Katrina, tourism will take many years to recover, if ever. Nagin's comment may just reinforce the fears people will have when imagining visiting the city. Of course, Nagin's primary interest is in his own political future, and he probably needs large numbers of blacks to move back in order to be re-elected.

That is true, he does want to be Mayor for another term. I was always under the impression that the Mayor was suppose to serve all of the people in their city not just the chocolates.

sitarro said:
That is true, he does want to be Mayor for another term. I was always under the impression that the Mayor was suppose to serve all of the people in their city not just the chocolates.
Please. The mayor (and any other politician in this country) serves those who will keep him in office.

Move over Pat Robertson you have company.
------------------------------------------
New Orleans Mayor Says God Mad at U.S.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/16/D8F61AV80.html

I posted a thread with the audio in full context on the politics forum if anyone would like to listen.

The irony is that he says God is mad at America and is sending all of these hurricanes. Then he says that God wants New Orleans to be a majority African American city. The irony is that the areas uptown were spared while the poor black communities were all underwater. So God is mad at America and wants a bunch of black people to live in New Orleans? Doesn't make any sense.

What a stupid racist.

Sorry D. I didn't know this had been posted. I figured it would belong in the politics area since his motivation is obviously political. The only reason he wants blacks in new orleans is so he can get elected again. He's trying to form a new base and get them back in N.O.

dmp said:
When Pat Roberston suggests God sends Hurricanes it's breaking news on EVERY news agency website/telecast.

When a Black racist Mayor says it, only Drudge carries the news.

:-/

Good point. But let me bring another example into the equation concerning God. When GWB speaks of God assisting him in his decisions he gets completely ripped by the media and liberals in general on these forums. The same with Nagin. Apparently it's OK to do the following things if you are a black political figure:

1. Talk to dead historical figures for advice
2. Seek counsel from your deity of choice
3. Develop city planning using race is a criteria

If a white person or republican did any of these 3 much less all 3 of them at one time the News outlets would crank up the heat on these issues until the person either resigned or was blackballed by his/her party.

Could you imagine if GWB had a press conference last night and said that Abe Lincoln told him that he would want him to invade Syria? You would never hear the end of it and rightfully so. Yet mayor Nagin claims to have directly spoken to Martin Luther King the other night and no one is calling him out on it? He's insane.

musicman said:
New Orleans is proof that the people get the government they deserve.

Certainly. It's dereliction of citizenship if you will. As many may know the city(as in the people of the city, not the politicians) voted down a tax to rebuild the levees a few years ago.

Powerman said:
Certainly. It's dereliction of citizenship if you will.

Well said. It is the people themselves who voted in a government whose sole skill - it is now apparent - was the ability to secure and distribute welfare checks.

musicman said:
Well said. It is the people themselves who voted in a government whose sole skill - it is now apparent - was the ability to secure and distribute welfare checks.

I must say before this gets too out of hand that Nagin was actually doing a pretty good job in New Orleans pre-Katrina. I think he has just lost it now however. He was cleaning up a lot of the corruption that was going on in N.O. under Mayor Moreal. He was certainly an upgrade but he just collapsed under the pressure when the hurricane came.

Powerman said:
I must say before this gets too out of hand that Nagin was actually doing a pretty good job in New Orleans pre-Katrina. I think he has just lost it now however. He was cleaning up a lot of the corruption that was going on in N.O. under Mayor Moreal. He was certainly an upgrade but he just collapsed under the pressure when the hurricane came.

He was treating symptoms of systemic rot, then. Perhaps, as you say, an upgrade - but what he, the city, and state governments collapsed under was the unsustainable weight of the entitlement mentality. That's a pretty fundamentally flawed state of affairs, and I don't know that one can get "too out of hand" in pointing out, squarely facing, and fixing something that screwed-up.

musicman said:
He was treating symptoms of systemic rot, then. Perhaps, as you say, an upgrade - but what he, the city, and state governments collapsed under was the unsustainable weight of the entitlement mentality. That's a pretty fundamentally flawed state of affairs, and I don't know that one can get "too out of hand" in pointing out, squarely facing, and fixing something that screwed-up.

The entitlement mentality is certainly a huge problem and was what caused most of the problems during Katrina. Of course the news never really points it out. New Orleans will never have as many blacks as before because let's face it, free shit is free shit no matter where you are. They don't have any reason to move back. They were too lazy to evacuate themselves in the first place. I don't see why they would make the effort to come back.

Forum List

Back