New Orleans Will Be CHOCOLATE Again...Where IS The Outrage!

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
If a caucasian said that......

--------

NEW ORLEANS -- Mayor Ray Nagin told a crowd gathered at City Hall on Monday for a march honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. that New Orleans will be "chocolate" again.

New Orleans proper was more than 60 percent black before Hurricane Katrina displaced about three-quarters of its population, but sparing predominantly white neighborhoods.

Along Martin Luther King Blvd., a grassy median near a King statue and memorial was cleaned up and landscaped in advance of today's. Many of the buildings nearby, including a major housing project nearby, are abandoned and in ruins, still bearing the water stains left behind by flooding.

But Nagin promises that all of the city's residents will be encouraged to return and rebuild the neighborhoods they loved.

Nagin said New Orleans will be a majority African American city.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/6151733/detail.html?rss=no&psp=news

1824-2-large.jpg

Just applying my liberal spin, don't mind me...

More from the idiot.

Pay special attention to the last paragraph.

There is your chocolate city for you.

------

Mayor Ray Nagin suggested Monday that Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and other storms were a sign that "God is mad at America" and at black communities, too, for tearing themselves apart with violence and political infighting.

"Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country," Nagin, who is black, said as he and other city leaders marked Martin Luther King Day.

"Surely he doesn't approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses. But surely he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."

Nagin also promised that New Orleans will be a "chocolate" city again. Many of the city's black neighborhoods were heavily damaged by Katrina.

"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans _ the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."

Nagin described an imaginary conversation with King, the late civil rights leader.

"I said, `What is it going to take for us to move on and live your dream and make it a reality?' He said, `I don't think that we need to pay attention any more as much about other folks and racists on the other side.' He said, `The thing we need to focus on as a community _ black folks I'm talking about _ is ourselves.'"

Nagin said he also asked: "Why is black-on-black crime such an issue? Why do our young men hate each other so much that they look their brother in the face and they will take a gun and kill him in cold blood?"

The reply, Nagin said, was: "We as a people need to fix ourselves first."

Nagin also said King would have been dismayed with black leaders who are "most of the time tearing each other down publicly for the delight of many."

A day earlier, gunfire erupted at a parade to commemorate King's birthday. Three people were wounded in the daylight shooting amid a throng of mostly black spectators, but police said there were no immediate suspects or witnesses.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/16/D8F61AV80.html

Yes, if a white guy said, "I sure hope this city goes white again," he'd be

1) fired from his job
2) shot by the FBI
3) denounced by Bush
4) denounced by Bill O'Reilly
5) denounced by Rush Limbaugh
6) denounced by Bill Frist
7) sent to Gitmo for torture
8) re-shot by the FBI
9) re-denounced by Bush (I condemn in the strongest of terms the ignorant and racist comments made several days ago by this man, who is now a stringy, bloody pulp by the side of the road. So does Laura. Martin Luther King said I have a dream, or something like that.)
10) re-denounced by Bill O'Reilly (these racists, people, come on. We need to kill them all, and then re-kill them. That's the American way. Black power!)

Then the liberals would attack him, if there were anything left to attack.

National Vanguard reaction:

http://www.nationalvanguard.org/story.php?id=7541

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
This guy has a serious problem. I cannot believe he is in charge of a city....very scary. I'm surprised he didn't say the hurricanes were purposely targeting blacks :lame2:

As mentioned by William Joyce,I wouldn't even want to see the backlash if something like this were said by a white guy

It isn't even that, the worst part is he was making a speech in commemoration of the man who said, "...for the content of their character, and not for the color of their skin!"

no1tovote4 said:
It isn't even that, the worst part is he was making a speech in commemoration of the man who said, "...for the content of their character, and not for the color of their skin!"

But that doesn't matter to blacks. They can be as racist as they want. They know they have a double standard that gives them the leeway to do and say what they want without repercussions.

It's only white people that are required to play by the rules.

New Orleans has had a Chocolate Mayor for the last 30 years and what do they have to show for it. A once fun city full of it's own unique character is now a high crime, racist cesspool. I haven't been back to New Orleans in 22 years, I haven't missed it at all, there are so many places to go that are more interesting, beautiful with much better weather. The music isn't that special, the food has never been as good as real Cajun food. The stench was there before Katrina and it will always be there.

Hopefully the jerks that have increased Houston's crime rate will return to the Chocolate Crescent City and make fudge. The Mississippi even looks like flowing chocolate. . .perfect. They can have that pit! :soul:

no1tovote4 said:

That is so right No1, and lookie here it's a black man that's being a racist. humm
Nagin is a real loser.

You can bet your collective asses that if a white, caucasion, mayor ever said that "our fair city,, excuse the pun, shall be rebuilt to be vanilla,, and by that I mean made up of predominently white people" the reverend Jesseeeee JACKZ'on...............whould be all over that mayor like stink on doo doo.

But, maybe he is correct. Maybe that is the true demographics and he just wants to maintain that percentage of blacks to whites.. Maybe he feels that there is is a hidden agenda in the rebuilding process that whould change the numbers/percentages of blacks to whites, that would not bode well for the New Orleaneans who would like to move back and can't under the process at hand. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes as the rebuilding process seems to have been hitting snags.

None the less, for a mayor of a major US city to pander to one group of people, in this case along definite racial lines,, I think is unfortunate.

I've been listening to the news, including Fox News, for hours since this happened. I've not heard one damn word about it. It appears his comments will ignored by all.

I'll bet if I just said something derogatory about ni99ers here, I'd get my ass chewed. Why do we allow this double standard for spook's to continue?

Pale Rider said:
I've been listening to the news, including Fox News, for hours since this happened. I've not heard one damn word about it. It appears his comments will ignored by all.

I'll bet if I just said something derogatory about ni99ers here, I'd get my ass chewed. Why do we allow this double standard for spook's to continue?

we are a christian nation that still feels guilty for enslaving an entire race.....i guess when we forgive ourselves we will ask them to stop ...... by the way it is all over the news here in sunny california ..... calling them N$#@% and Sp*&76....doesn't help .... (and in my best chris rock voice) ya cracker ass cracker :poke:

When Pat Roberston suggests God sends Hurricanes it's breaking news on EVERY news agency website/telecast.

When a Black racist Mayor says it, only Drudge carries the news.

:-/

dmp said:
When Pat Roberston suggests God sends Hurricanes it's breaking news on EVERY news agency website/telecast.

When a Black racist Mayor says it, only Drudge carries the news.

:-/

i think this is the old liberal spin ....

whites need to be held to a higher standard

blacks are forgiven

which, if you think about it .... it is pretty racist .... imho, people should be taken to task for staying stupid shit

i think new orleans should go choclate if that is what they want

In his Martin Luther King day speech, Nagin commented: "I don't care what people are saying Uptown or wherever they are. This city will be chocolate at the end of the day. This city will be a majority African-American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way."

Or what if a white mayor said, " I don't care what people are saying in [black-areas] or wherever they are."

:afro:

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/articles/article.html?id=11574

Forum List

Back