New Orleans Will Be CHOCOLATE Again...Where IS The Outrage!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by GotZoom, Jan 16, 2006.

1. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    If a caucasian said that......

--------

NEW ORLEANS -- Mayor Ray Nagin told a crowd gathered at City Hall on Monday for a march honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. that New Orleans will be "chocolate" again.

New Orleans proper was more than 60 percent black before Hurricane Katrina displaced about three-quarters of its population, but sparing predominantly white neighborhoods.

Along Martin Luther King Blvd., a grassy median near a King statue and memorial was cleaned up and landscaped in advance of today's. Many of the buildings nearby, including a major housing project nearby, are abandoned and in ruins, still bearing the water stains left behind by flooding.

But Nagin promises that all of the city's residents will be encouraged to return and rebuild the neighborhoods they loved.

Nagin said New Orleans will be a majority African American city.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/6151733/detail.html?rss=no&psp=news

2. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    LOL!!! at he same time-sorry!!!!!

3. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    Great minds!!

4. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    [​IMG]
    Just applying my liberal spin, don't mind me...

5. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,785
    He should be fired... plain and simple.

6. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    If it involves Willy Wonka here, it's okay with me.

[​IMG]

7. GotZoom

GotZoom Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    More from the idiot.

Pay special attention to the last paragraph.

There is your chocolate city for you.

------

Mayor Ray Nagin suggested Monday that Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and other storms were a sign that "God is mad at America" and at black communities, too, for tearing themselves apart with violence and political infighting.

"Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country," Nagin, who is black, said as he and other city leaders marked Martin Luther King Day.

"Surely he doesn't approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses. But surely he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."

Nagin also promised that New Orleans will be a "chocolate" city again. Many of the city's black neighborhoods were heavily damaged by Katrina.

"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans _ the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."

Nagin described an imaginary conversation with King, the late civil rights leader.

"I said, `What is it going to take for us to move on and live your dream and make it a reality?' He said, `I don't think that we need to pay attention any more as much about other folks and racists on the other side.' He said, `The thing we need to focus on as a community _ black folks I'm talking about _ is ourselves.'"

Nagin said he also asked: "Why is black-on-black crime such an issue? Why do our young men hate each other so much that they look their brother in the face and they will take a gun and kill him in cold blood?"

The reply, Nagin said, was: "We as a people need to fix ourselves first."

Nagin also said King would have been dismayed with black leaders who are "most of the time tearing each other down publicly for the delight of many."

A day earlier, gunfire erupted at a parade to commemorate King's birthday. Three people were wounded in the daylight shooting amid a throng of mostly black spectators, but police said there were no immediate suspects or witnesses.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/16/D8F61AV80.html

8. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Yes, if a white guy said, "I sure hope this city goes white again," he'd be

1) fired from his job
    2) shot by the FBI
    3) denounced by Bush
    4) denounced by Bill O'Reilly
    5) denounced by Rush Limbaugh
    6) denounced by Bill Frist
    7) sent to Gitmo for torture
    8) re-shot by the FBI
    9) re-denounced by Bush (I condemn in the strongest of terms the ignorant and racist comments made several days ago by this man, who is now a stringy, bloody pulp by the side of the road. So does Laura. Martin Luther King said I have a dream, or something like that.)
    10) re-denounced by Bill O'Reilly (these racists, people, come on. We need to kill them all, and then re-kill them. That's the American way. Black power!)

Then the liberals would attack him, if there were anything left to attack.

National Vanguard reaction:

http://www.nationalvanguard.org/story.php?id=7541

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Powerman

Powerman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
  10. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    This guy has a serious problem. I cannot believe he is in charge of a city....very scary. I'm surprised he didn't say the hurricanes were purposely targeting blacks :lame2:

As mentioned by William Joyce,I wouldn't even want to see the backlash if something like this were said by a white guy