New Orleans say bye bye to Mardi Gras

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Mardi Gras, other wise known as “Fat Tuesday” is celebrated many places around the globe. Most know of it from the carnival season in New Orleans leading up to the Catholic day of Ash Wednesday. It has historical roots that go back to the Roman Empire with the pagan festivals of Saturnia and Lupercalia. Saturnalia was a festival held in honor of the god Saturn usually held from December 17th through December 23rd on the Julian Calendar. Lupercalia is derived from Lupercus Februus the patron deity of the festival of “purging” called “Februa”. Both of these festivals celebrated the purging of evil spirits and expression of the joyful well-being of man. This is symbolic to the contradictory nature of Saturn’s wife Rhea, who represents wealth, resources, and abundance, and his other wife Lua ,who represents destruction, dissolution, and loosening.

NEW ORLEANS: Say Bye Bye to Mardi Gras
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well like we kept telling the morons of society start stripping away everything and eventually you will lose to a------s.

We lose the ability to celebrate and have a good time here in America for whatever reasons, you see the more you ANTIFA like a holes keep doing what you do too eventually you get bit too, the democratic idiots who keep preaching their bs and be offended little snowflakes you will lose to idiots.

Someone likes to pray let them, Jesus is hanging on the wall GTF over it and deal with it don't look at it fools.
Ten commandments offend you , GTF over it don't look at it

Trump offends you GTF over it and deal with it

Last edited:
  • Banned
:lol:

Where the fuck do you find this shit?

Mardi Gras isn't going anywhere.

Mardi Gras is just another symbol of New Orleans that can be seen through dark ideologically ignorant lenses. The name Mardi Gras is not of New Orleans. It was brought here by slave holding Christian Colonialists that settled here and warred with the natives over territory. Through the eyes of a Marxist-Leninist, it is a cultural symbol that represents a foreign invader’s capitalist culture. Mardi Gras will possibly become a target of these radicals no differently then Tulane, LSU, or McDonogh 35. It could be said that Mardi Gras only existed to celebrate the wealth of the rich merchant class.

• Banned

Mardi Gras is just another symbol of New Orleans that can be seen through dark ideologically ignorant lenses. The name Mardi Gras is not of New Orleans. It was brought here by slave holding Christian Colonialists that settled here and warred with the natives over territory. Through the eyes of a Marxist-Leninist, it is a cultural symbol that represents a foreign invader’s capitalist culture. Mardi Gras will possibly become a target of these radicals no differently then Tulane, LSU, or McDonogh 35. It could be said that Mardi Gras only existed to celebrate the wealth of the rich merchant class.

We cannot allow radical Progressives to drag us down into societal regression and civil unrest. They are aiming to make our future challenges about our imperfect past instead about our pursuing a civil and promising future. They wish to stand in the way of the celebration, renewal, and reconciliation represented by Mardi Gras and the Lenten season that follows. It is time for us to act now to restore the proper expression of our history and the hope for a prosperous path into the future paved by industriousness and individual responsibility.

Don't worry. Democrats are very selective in their phony, hypocritical outrage. They censor only what is politically convenient in the moment.
To be consistent, they would have to change the names and flags and remove monuments from almost every state and city in the entire country.

• Banned
Let me put it in first grade level for you ............the point of the article is because of these issues..

I'm offended by God
I'm offended by Mexican hats
I'm offended by white boards used in college
I'm offended you called me a him/her
I'm offended because you used the term brown bag
i'm offended because you are white
i'm offended because you have a different opinion
I'm offended over the American flag
I'm offended because you don't agree with being gay
I'm offended because you don't want abortions
I'm offended because your a pro Trump ....................................... do I seriously need to keep going

So in other words if ppl keep their bs up the Madi Gras is going to be next because some ass hole will be offended by something within the Mardi Gras.

• Banned
the city will loose between 1/4 - 1/2 a billion annually without mardi gras

Oh well they will eventually have to bow down to the offended. They took away the historical statues didn't they imagine how many people made those statues a point to see when visiting there. ............

• Banned

upload_2017-5-25_12-3-53.png

Debate on political correctness finds the birthplace of Mardi Gras

Oh well they will eventually have to bow down to the offended. They took away the historical statues didn't they imagine how many people made those statues a point to see when visiting there. ............

10 million people annually do not go to new orleans just to see old statues

Ten million people celebrated halloween which raked in billions, now we pretty mcuh don't even have it sooner or later someone will be offended and if it is pushed hard enough because someone claims it celebrates slavery, or it celebrates some white idiot ................ They'll get rid of it slowly they will strip away at it first........ like for example..

When you go you can't wear this or that because it is offensive........... What do you think takes place there some ppl will say piss on that who wants to go where you can't wear what you want there begins the chiseling away of revenue.

Just like target loses on ppl not shopping there........... It is not like they will say BAM no more Mardi Gras they will slowly chip away at it.

Let me put it in first grade level for you ............the point of the article is because of these issues..

I'm offended by God
I'm offended because your a pro Trump ....................................... do I seriously need to keep going

So in other words if ppl keep their bs up the Madi Gras is going to be next because some ass hole will be offended by something within the Mardi Gras.
im-offended-by-this-potato-meme-1434571729.jpg

I'm offended by God

View attachment 128828

Dude, can you believe there were some offended by that a few years ago, they accused Mr. Potato was making fun of black people. LMAO

Ten million people celebrated halloween which raked in billions, now we pretty mcuh don't even have it sooner or later someone will be offended and if it is pushed hard enough because someone claims it celebrates slavery, or it celebrates some white idiot ................ They'll get rid of it slowly they will strip away at it first........ like for example..

When you go you can't wear this or that because it is offensive........... What do you think takes place there some ppl will say piss on that who wants to go where you can't wear what you want there begins the chiseling away of revenue.

Just like target loses on ppl not shopping there........... It is not like they will say BAM no more Mardi Gras they will slowly chip away at it.

WTF? Now you're trying to say Halloween isn't celebrated? :lol:

I'm offended by God

View attachment 128828

Dude, can you believe there were some offended by that a few years ago, they accused Mr. Potato was making fun of black people. LMAO
/----- No I didn't know that. I took the least offensive thing I could think of -- a potato -- who would have thunk it?
offended.png

I'm offended by God

View attachment 128828

Is Mr. Potato Head Racist? Part 2

Having spent the weekend pondering the Mr. Potato Head question, and examining unsolicited e-mails from Slate readers about same, Chatterbox is prepared to offer a few tentative thoughts. In case you didn't read Chatterbox's earlier item, the issue is whether a public statue of Mr. Potato Head funded by the city of Warwick, R.I., is racially offensive. The statue is one of many variously-themed Mr. Potato Head statues put up by the state of Rhode Island (home to Hasbro, which manufactures Mr. Potato Head) to promote tourism. The statues include a Cash Potato, a Golfer Potato, and an Edgar Allen Poe-tato. Warwick's seemingly innocuous theme is tourism itself. (Click here to view the controversial tuber.) Last week the state decided to remove the Tourist Potato, according to Gillian Flynn of the Associated Press, because it was deemed offensive to blacks. "'If you look at this potato head, the only thing missing is a watermelon,'' said Onna Moniz-John, an affirmative action officer in East Providence. But Kathy Szarko, the sculptress, denied the sculpture has any racial overtones. "He's a potato," she said. "That's why he's brown."
Is Mr. Potato Head Racist? Part 2

And look the MSM pushing the very agenda of it better known as SLATE and whose slate affiliated with MSN

NO READ I said MANY STATES DO NOT CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN, And my mistake I should have said many " CITIES" Not states.
Halloween isn't celebrated like it use to be.

and for a continued explanation:
Certain Halloween parties in Schools and Colleges don't allow the kids to wear certain costumes because they are OFFENSIVE..................

Keep laughing

upload_2017-5-25_12-30-21.png

NO READ I said MANY STATES DO NOT CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN, And my mistake I should have said many " CITIES" Not states.
Halloween isn't celebrated like it use to be.

and for a continued explanation:
Certain Halloween parties in Schools and Colleges don't allow the kids to wear certain costumes because they are OFFENSIVE..................
/---- True story:
A high school in Brampton, Ontario banned a student of Colombian descent from dressing up as a mariachi for Halloween, claiming it was ‘cultural appropriation.’
Joshua Sewerynek, a ninth-grade student at the St. Thomas Aquinas Secondary School, told MRCTV that he and his friends had planned to dress up as a mariachi band for Halloween. After submitting his costume to his school’s official Twitter account as per instructions, he was informed that it was “too offensive.”

When Sewerynek informed the school of his hispanic heritage, he was told that “while you may not find it offensive, others may” and that “culture is not a costume.”
School Bans Hispanic Student's Hispanic Halloween Costume

This echoed the slogan of a former ad campaign against allegedly insensitive costumes that went viral on the internet, mainly due to the large number of parody remixes that were created to poke fun at the concept of “cultural appropriation.” After informing Sewerynek that his costume was too offensive, the school’s Twitter account then retweeted images from the same campaign.

You still laughing :

upload_2017-5-25_12-31-25.png

Forum List

Back