New Orleans Mayor Claims Katrina Was A Man-made Disaster

I saw the President giving a speech today and just could not continue to watch it all the way through.I just knew he would not waste a golden opportunity to take his daily shot at the Bush administration.The fact that this was a historic storm,and the local government was totally inept and irresponsible had no bearing on the outcome according to the liberal media.Whatever happened was President Bush's fault.I don't even have to look at any coverage today to know that the Bush administration was made to be the devil in all of this.

man-made? :confused:

Everyone knows it was an act of God, punishing the sinners of New Orleans for not being intolerant enough toward queers.

And the levee wouldn't have broken if the corrupt politicians of the city and state had actually used the money meant for levee maintenance for maintenance.

100% of the fault for the floods in LA is the malfeasance of its incompetent, corrupt government.

It's man's fault for building where he shouldn't.

I also was tickled to hear them insinuate that Bush was a racist. They kind of slipped that one in.

White Democraps throwing out the race card.

Hilarious.
New Orleans has been there since 1718. That's almost 300 years.
The wetlands protecting it have been destroyed and the levees were shoddily built.

For New Orleans and several parishes in LA it was a man made disaster. Years of coastal abuse, faulty levees, rerouting the Mississippi, and a tendency to not take storms as seriously as they can be are all faults of mankind.

New Orleans itself would have been fine if the levee hadn't broken.

New Orleans is a man made city, so its flooding was a manmade disaster. Nature never intended those areas to be dry, it was men who built the levees and pumping system. The city did not flood during the storm, it was not till the levees failed that the disaster occurred

So who's fault was Katrina.....mother nature or Bush?

:eusa_whistle:

Who built New Orleans where it is?

Why don't we just build a city underwater then blame it on Bush when everything goes to shit.

The Republicans in Mississippi didn't blame anyone else when Katrina decimated the coast. Why do Democraps always look for a scapegoat?

Water seeks its own level. Men built the dikes, they did not hold.

The initial impact of Katrina did not flood the city....failing dikes did

Bush did not fuck-up by allowing dikes to fail. He fucked up by ignoring the national disaster as thousands were stranded and dying

"Brownie.....your doing a heckuva job"

heckuva-job-brownie-thumb-400xauto-9156.jpg

Last edited:
New Orleans is a man made city, so its flooding was a manmade disaster. Nature never intended those areas to be dry, it was men who built the levees and pumping system. The city did not flood during the storm, it was not till the levees failed that the disaster occurred

Why don't we just build a city underwater then blame it on Bush when everything goes to shit.

The Republicans in Mississippi didn't blame anyone else when Katrina decimated the coast. Why do Democraps always look for a scapegoat?

Bush did not fuck-up by allowing dikes to fail. He fucked up by ignoring the national disaster as thousands were stranded and dying

Bush declared it a disaster 2 days before it hit. He personally rode through the streets on the back of a truck overseeing the rescue operations within days. Bush never ignored anything.

Obama didn't say shit about the spill till Day 10. He waited months before he did shit about the spill. He blamed BP for the spill and then went off on his next vacation. Then he claimed credit when 3 months later they finally plugged it. Afterwards they claimed that most of the spill ether evaporated or was eaten by microbes. ....yet the 6 month moratorium still stands causing the loss of thousands of jobs.

I see a very uneven scale at work here RW.

Last edited:
The new mayor of New Orleans claimed this morning that Katrina was a man-made disaster on Meet The Depressed.

Mayor Mitch Landrieu, brother to US Sen. Mary Landrieu shamelessly claimed this morning that Katrina was a man-made disaster. I know this is quite a stretch but he honestly believes this. He repeated it several times because he claims that the US government built the levees that broke and so they're responsible.

Chandeleur_L5_Oct2004Sep2005.jpg
File:Chandeleur L5 Oct2004Sep2005.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The force of the storm nearly obliterated the Chandeleur Islands.....how the hell does he expect man-made levees to stand up to such a storm?

Anyone who lives in the state realizes that the Landrieu family owns the state and I see this as their opportunity to sit in front of the cameras on national television and beg for more cash.

Sen. Mary Landrieu is adept at finagling cash out of the federal government for her vote. It cost taxpayers millions to get it last year in a brilliant maneuver known as the Louisiana Purchase.

Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't live in the state, and I'll say this: the levee on the Mississippi prevent a lot of the soils and debris that would replenish those islands from getting to them... The islands were therefore weakened due to man-made interference.:eusa_drool:

The new mayor of New Orleans claimed this morning that Katrina was a man-made disaster on Meet The Depressed.

Mayor Mitch Landrieu, brother to US Sen. Mary Landrieu shamelessly claimed this morning that Katrina was a man-made disaster. I know this is quite a stretch but he honestly believes this. He repeated it several times because he claims that the US government built the levees that broke and so they're responsible.

Chandeleur_L5_Oct2004Sep2005.jpg
File:Chandeleur L5 Oct2004Sep2005.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The force of the storm nearly obliterated the Chandeleur Islands.....how the hell does he expect man-made levees to stand up to such a storm?

Anyone who lives in the state realizes that the Landrieu family owns the state and I see this as their opportunity to sit in front of the cameras on national television and beg for more cash.

Sen. Mary Landrieu is adept at finagling cash out of the federal government for her vote. It cost taxpayers millions to get it last year in a brilliant maneuver known as the Louisiana Purchase.

Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It sure was. He was one of the "men" that made it.

Bush declared it a disaster 2 days before it hit. He personally rode through the streets on the back of a truck overseeing the rescue operations within days. Bush never ignored anything.

Obama didn't say shit about the spill till Day 10. He waited months before he did shit about the spill. He blamed BP for the spill and then went off on his next vacation. Then he claimed credit when 3 months later they finally plugged it. Afterwards they claimed that most of the spill ether evaporated or was eaten by microbes. ....yet the 6 month moratorium still stands causing the loss of thousands of jobs.

I didn't see Americans floating in the streets after the spill. I didn't see people clinging to rooftops after the spill. I didn't see people begging for water and critical medications after the spill.

Once the explosion occured, it took a week for the oil to reach the shore.

The urgency of both situations were not even close

33 years ago, I went to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, I was 23 years old and studying architecture in college. I went there with a classmate that had grown up around the New Orleans area. We couldn't find any good drugs to bring with us so we drank tequila that morning, once we arrived downtown, a friend of his ran up saying he had come through for him. My friend gave me a tiny piece of cardboard with a piece of scotch tape on it and told me to chew it, I was dumb ass enough to do that and within 30 minutes I was tripping on a 4 way hit of windowpane acid, very powerful.

We were standing around near Cafe du Monde and a huge oil tanker came by on the Mississippi, we were looking up at it, 3/4s of the boat was visible to us! I couldn't believe that we were that far below that ship. I decided then, as a 23 year old on acid, that New Orleans was in a very ignorant location and it would surely be destroyed some day. I went back a few times to visit but never felt comfortable or stayed for more than a few hours.

The fact of the matter is, New Orleans was very lucky, if the levee on the Mississippi River would have failed, there would be nothing there to rebuild.

By the way, the Coast Guard were there as soon as the wind had subsided enough to put helicopters in the sky...... thousands were saved by them.

How the Coast Guard Gets it Right

"In Katrina's aftermath, the Coast Guard rescued or evacuated more than 33,500 people, six times as many as it saved in all of 2004. The Coast Guard was saving lives before any other federal agency--despite the fact that almost half the local Coast Guard personnel lost their own homes in the hurricane. In decimated St. Bernard Parish east of New Orleans, Sheriff Jack Stephens says the Coast Guard was the only federal agency to provide any significant assistance for a full week after the storm. Coast Guard personnel helped his deputies commandeer boats and rescue thousands. So last week, when two representatives from the U.S. Government Accountability Office came to ask how he would fix the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), he had his answer ready: "I would abolish it," he told them. "I'd blow up FEMA and ask the Coast Guard what it needs.""

I didn't see Americans floating in the streets after the spill. I didn't see people clinging to rooftops after the spill. I didn't see people begging for water and critical medications after the spill.

Once the explosion occured, it took a week for the oil to reach the shore.

The urgency of both situations were not even close

First of all forcing deep-water drilling was the cause of the spill. Then when Obama was focusing on race-baiting AZ he totally ignored the spill. Then when everyone said he needed to do something is in so many words said it wasn't his problem. I remember what happened even though you don't so don't tell Obama did what he could.

Forum List

Back