New Orleans lunch counter charges white people double what they charge blacks

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Gays on average earn more than their straight counterparts, so charge Gays more. Let's see how far someone would get with that.

NEW ORLEANS CHEF TUNDE WEY CHARGED WHITE CUSTOMERS $30, MINORITIES $12 IN SOCIAL EXPERIMENT
BY NICOLE ROJAS ON 3/2/18 AT 6:19 PM

A chef in New Orleans is conducting a social experiment at the Roux Carre market which encourages customers of different races to acknowledge the city's racial wealth disparity.

Diners hoping to grab a bite at Saartj, a lunch counter that sells authentic Nigerian food, first get a lesson from Chef Tunde Wey about race and money in New Orleans, The Independent reported. The median income among African American households in the city is $25,806—well below that of white households at $64,377.

New Orleans chef Tunde Wey charged white customers $30, minorities $12 in social experiment

Granny says, "Well, don't cha know...

... dat's dat Black Privilege fer ya."

(Cute baby, Zander...

... is dat chu when ya was a lil' kid?)

Last edited:
That's a bit of a misleading title. According to the article, whites are given a choice of price; they are able to pay the same $12 as minorities.

It sounds like a weird, somewhat ridiculous experiment.

Nigerian food? For $30 bucks you can get a good steak. I wouldn't pay for bean cakes, ogbono seeds, plantain, hibiscus, fish soup, shelled snails, etc.

That's a bit of a misleading title. According to the article, whites are given a choice of price; they are able to pay the same $12 as minorities.

Yes, ridiculous and the article also states that there is a stigma applied to whites paying $12.

0112FD03-82B8-4E50-89BE-69E49F5BF0C8.jpeg

I'd pose myself as a black Nigerian, come in there and order their most expensive meal, then when it was time to pay, hold the owner up and clean out his cash register! :D

...while white customers are given the choice to either pay $12 or $30...

Jesus, do you people even read the shit you get your panties in a bunch over?

I already addressed that, (Post #7) do some reading.

I BET IF GIVEN THE CHOICE:

Whites can choose to pay $12 or $30.

Blacks can choose to pay $12 or eat free.

That at least some whites would pony up the $30 just to be good Samaritans.

ALL of the blacks would opt to eat for free.

Lesson of the Day: Owner should be thankful for da White Folk cause he'd be outta business if for nuttin but da Black folk.

Why? No one else does. Besides, reading the drivel in these threads is laborious.

Then why did you take the time to reply? Just to be a troll?

What the fuck do you care?

I replied because I'm sick of all the faux outrage by people, people of both political persuasions. What's your excuse?

Why? No one else does. Besides, reading the drivel in these threads is laborious.

Then why did you take the time to reply? Just to be a troll?

What the fuck do you care?

I replied because I'm sick of all the faux outrage by people, people of both political persuasions. What's your excuse?

I wasn't outraged, I just noticed that the guy (in the article) stated there was a stigma attached to whites who refuse to pay more. I thought that was interesting. In the meantime, you totally ignored it and decided to post garbage.

Forum List

Back