New Orleans has already won today...

geauxtohell

Choose your weapon.
Jun 27, 2009
Out here in the middle.
With the election of Mitch Landrieu for mayor.

Landrieu in a primary landslide | wwltv.com | New Orleans News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | News

Adios C. Ray Nagin (termed out).

My affiliation with New Orleans is thus: I went to college down there from 97-01 and then went into the Army from '01-'05. While in the Army, I decided I wanted to go to medical school and returned to New Orleans in early August '05 to June of '07 to do the pre-reqs. I left to attend medical school elsewhere.

I was hardly in New Orleans for a month when Katrina destroyed the city and we had to relocate and then came back in January '09. I've seen the city at it's best and worst, to the point where people were seriously debating if it could be a viable city. Those of us who were down there became a little fanatical about the city.

At any rate, that's just background.

I have defended Ray Nagin's actions during Katrina. I think he did about as well as anybody else could have done in that situation. Yeah, I've seen the bus pictures. I also know that buses need people to drive them, fuel, and a place to put the people in them.

I really lost faith in Nagin after the dust had settled. I honestly think he snapped a little bit. I was pulling for Landrieu when he ran against Nagin for re-election. I thought he was the right man for the job.

Now it looks like he has it. I think he is just what the city needs.

BTW, for all the Mary Landrieu haters on here, Mitch is not cut from the exact same political cloth as her.

Competent mayor is a big deal. Superbowl, a week from now who will know?

You underestimate how important this win was for the city. Let's not forget that five years ago people were arguing to fill the city in and forget it.

Maybe you have. I haven't. I lived down there at the time and (after coming home from Afghanistan) will never stop being pissed off at the people who wanted to throw endless treasure at shithole Islamic nations while turning their backs on a great American city.

Maybe you had to be there to understand.

Yeah, america needs another political dynasty
BTW, for all the Mary Landrieu haters on here, Mitch is not cut from the exact same political cloth as her.
RFK JR aint no JKF

Last edited:

Forum List

Back