New orleans has a new mayor

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
WWL in New Orleans just projected Mitch Landrieu as the outright winner of the New Orleans mayoral election - no run-off.

YES

Great news.

Now we just need one more piece of good news for the city - tomorrow around 9 central time or so - WHO MUTHAFRACKIN THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a new era for NOLA!

why didn't nagin run again? are there term limits? because the was the most awesome mayor NO ever saw.....

MARK MY WORDS

This is a turning point for the City of New Orleans.

New York City used to be a shithole. Now its possibly the greatest city on Earth - and it made the transition in about a decade.

The same can happen in New Orleans.

We have a decent mayor now.

The Saints are in the Superbowl.

Thing will just keep getting better.

Landrieu? Those poor poor people.

What about Mitch do you have a problem with, and which candidate do you think would have been better?

I know that in a city and state known for corruption, electing people from the same family to multiple positions in the state is generally not going to fix the problem.

a corrupt family now controlling new orleans and half of the LA senate seats, plus a pleothera of private business positions. what could go wrong?

Landrieu? Those poor poor people.

What about Mitch do you have a problem with, and which candidate do you think would have been better?

I know that in a city and state known for corruption, electing people from the same family to multiple positions in the state is generally not going to fix the problem.

Oh, I get it. You're like a communist or something - if one person in the family is bad, the whole family is bad.

and since things are corrupt whoever gets elected must be bad - you don't have to actually know anything at all about the candidates.

Now please tell me who the better candidate was.

OR SHUT THE FUCK UP

Forum List

Back