New (old) Pistol.

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Finally get to pick up my PPS 43 on Saturday from the FFL dealer. I ordered it eight months ago and they were very back logged, small American company doing semi-auto conversions on submachineguns as well as manufacturing their own pistols.
WWII Russian, 7.62x25, 32 round mags, folding stock welded in place making it a BATF legal "pistol".

pps43-1.jpg

Are you sure its russian? I think alot of those parts kits out there are Polish

Anyways nice "pistol" Was thinking of building one myself but would want the stock and the original barrel thus making me go through the red tape of owning one. No thanks!

When I was travelling in the Kashmir area for awhile I used to carry a Ppsh-41, mean little bastard! I loved it, a tad heavy though. I finally traded it for a fixed stock AK47.

When I was travelling in the Kashmir area for awhile I used to carry a Ppsh-41, mean little bastard! I loved it, a tad heavy though. I finally traded it for a fixed stock AK47.

Heavy yes, but I love the recoil, straight back, not up. Did you have the 80 round drum?
This one has the 32 round banana mags and a much slower rate of fire (class 3) but is light and extremely easy to maintain. Push a button on the back and the upper and lower swing open just behind the barrel, it's one of the Russian weapons you can drop in the mud, kick around, pick it up and start firing again and never miss a beat.

Heavy yes, but I love the recoil, straight back, not up. Did you have the 80 round drum?
This one has the 32 round banana mags and a much slower rate of fire (class 3) but is light and extremely easy to maintain. Push a button on the back and the upper and lower swing open just behind the barrel, it's one of the Russian weapons you can drop in the mud, kick around, pick it up and start firing again and never miss a beat.

If you mean the 71 round drum, yes I had two of them. Plus one stick mag.

Looks like a great piece to mow down a crowd indescriminately.

Mmmm, no, not really. Just a fun little machine to play with. Remember the biggest mass murder I know of (other than terrorist bombings) was the asshole who burned 70+ people to death in New York I think it was with a gallon of gas. It's not the tool, it's the person.

Didn't some guy go crazy with a Samurai sword in Japan and kill a bunch of people awhile back?

On I side note I remember seeing a story about england wanting citizens to turn in their knives to a drop off point. :cuckoo:

Didn't some guy go crazy with a Samurai sword in Japan and kill a bunch of people awhile back?

On I side note I remember seeing a story about england wanting citizens to turn in their knives to a drop off point. :cuckoo:

Yes you can watch the jail and prison reality shows and see the violent felons repeatedly let out to prey on society, I was watching the NATGEO program Hardtime and one prick they had on has killed 5 people including a cop! He keeps getting released! It is the person, not the implement! These libs need to finally realise that some are never to be released out into society, they are broken and can never be fixed.

If you mean the 71 round drum, yes I had two of them. Plus one stick mag.

My mistake, 71 round drums. I have a couple of friends that own class 3 PPSHs which is why I am (somewhat) familiar with them.

If I broke into your house, it would almost be a pleasure to get shot with that pistol. Not the kind of pistol I would care to have but then again, different strokes for different folks!

If I broke into your house, it would almost be a pleasure to get shot with that pistol. Not the kind of pistol I would care to have but then again, different strokes for different folks!

It's primary use will be the prolific expenditure of blank rounds at WWII events.

Everyone should take notice at editec's post. This is a clear example of emotion ruling his thought process.

He sees a gun that looks scary

He then in-visions it mowing down a crowd of people because thats what scary guns do.

He then gets emotional at the theoretical death of people by a theoretical madman.

He then uses that emotion to post an ignorant message on USMB

It's primary use will be the prolific expenditure of blank rounds at WWII events.

Do they still do the Fort Indiantown Gap event? I was in the area one time and went out to watch the "battle", it was actually quite interesting what with the tanks and all.

Do they still do the Fort Indiantown Gap event? I was in the area one time and went out to watch the "battle", it was actually quite interesting what with the tanks and all.

That was last week, I had to miss it, first time in 10 years. It's always held the last week in January. This month we do a private get together with the 3rd ID at the GWA site by Carlisle, PA then another invite only back at FIG in March. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend those either. The next one I'll probably be able to attend is the living history in Lancaster at the Historical Society in May.

That was last week, I had to miss it, first time in 10 years. It's always held the last week in January. This month we do a private get together with the 3rd ID at the GWA site by Carlisle, PA then another invite only back at FIG in March. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend those either. The next one I'll probably be able to attend is the living history in Lancaster at the Historical Society in May.

Glad to hear it is still going on.

Everyone should take notice at editec's post. This is a clear example of emotion ruling his thought process.

He sees a gun that looks scary

He then in-visions it mowing down a crowd of people because thats what scary guns do.

He then gets emotional at the theoretical death of people by a theoretical madman.

He then uses that emotion to post an ignorant message on USMB

Editec must be too young to realize he can render that weapon harmless by putting a flower in the barrel.

Finally get to pick up my PPS 43 on Saturday from the FFL dealer. I ordered it eight months ago and they were very back logged, small American company doing semi-auto conversions on submachineguns as well as manufacturing their own pistols.
WWII Russian, 7.62x25, 32 round mags, folding stock welded in place making it a BATF legal "pistol".

pps43-1.jpg

My firearms training started many years ago; before everyone had to be so polically correct. I will never forgot my first instructor telling us you can not kill anyone deader than dead. Simple is better in self defense and self defense is the only reason to use a gun.

pps43-1.jpg

My firearms training started many years ago; before everyone had to be so polically correct. I will never forgot my first instructor telling us you can not kill anyone deader than dead. Simple is better in self defense and self defense is the only reason to use a gun.

You should broaden your horizons. Besides, do you know what a gun would do to a stick structure........ toothpicks.
(I am old school, the proper application of the word gun is in reference to Naval or artillery pieces, machine-guns and sub-machine-guns, shotguns, not pistols, revolvers and rifles.)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back