New ohio law let's students give wrong answers for religious reasons.

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Before you post, remember common core.

Discuss

New Ohio law lets students give wrong answers on tests for religious reasons

The Ohio state House of Representatives has passed the Student Religious Liberties Act, which prevents teachers from penalizing students for giving incorrect answers on tests or other schoolwork if those facts would conflict with their religious beliefs.

The relevant section reads "No school district board of education (...) shall prohibit a student from engaging in religious expression in the completion of homework, artwork, or other written or oral assignments. Assignment grades and scores shall be calculated using ordinary academic standards of substance and relevance, including any legitimate pedagogical concerns, and shall not penalize or reward a student based on the religious content of a student's work."

Discuss

The Ohio state House of Representatives has passed the Student Religious Liberties Act, which prevents teachers from penalizing students for giving incorrect answers on tests or other schoolwork if those facts would conflict with their religious beliefs.

The relevant section reads "No school district board of education (...) shall prohibit a student from engaging in religious expression in the completion of homework, artwork, or other written or oral assignments. Assignment grades and scores shall be calculated using ordinary academic standards of substance and relevance, including any legitimate pedagogical concerns, and shall not penalize or reward a student based on the religious content of a student's work."
So students can say the Earth is 6000 years old, or that dinosaur fossils are a trick, or that it's turtles all the way down, and the schools are OK with all that?

Discuss

Madrasas.

They live in the United States. Learn our ways or leave. Fucking Democrats are destroying this country. Our founding fathers are rolling over in there graves, there probably dizzy by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discuss

So students can say the Earth is 6000 years old, or that dinosaur fossils are a trick, or that it's turtles all the way down, and the schools are OK with all that?
Yeah i agree, thats bullshit. I also think its bullshit when people on the left suggest there are 100 genders. Facts are facts. Personal beliefs have no place in acadamia.

I didn't see where it stated they could give a wrong answer. I doubt very seriously that anyone is going to be marked correct if they state that their religion teaches them 1+1=3.

I didn't see where it stated they could give a wrong answer. I doubt very seriously that anyone is going to be marked correct if they state that their religion teaches them 1+1=3.

In the libtards world it will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not aware of a religion that says 1+1=3.

They live in the United States. Learn our ways or leave. Fucking Democrats are destroying this country. Our founding fathers are rolling over in there graves, there probably dizzy by now.

Republicans control Ohio and this definitely sounds like the type of law religious conservatives would pass.

AGW?

You are forgetting the Left now says math is racist, so anything is possible

Forum List

Back