New Obama Refinance Proposal Is Practically Worthless

whats the GOP solution? do nothing and let them lose the house?

Why should people who pay their bills and don't overextend themselves pay for the bad decisions of people who aren't responsible?

another right wing dolt praying for American economy to collapse in order for Obama to look bad

Another left wing dolt cheering as the feds meddle in everything from condoms to home loans...

not left wing

didn't know the feds meddle with condoms. sounds like a hysterical rant talking point

but you do not deny the righties who pray for Obama to fail even if it means America goes to hell in a hand basket

another right wing dolt praying for American economy to collapse in order for Obama to look bad

Talk about dolts: a left-winger who idolizes Mencken. That's the ultimate in stupidity.

Dante idolizes no one except maybe dante. :eusa_shhh:

Not being a left-winger...

I suspect your doltish brain has gone on vacation

Create a strong economy so they can get a job and keep a job and pay their fucken bills.
the GOP hasnt produced a decent "job" bill yets. all they tout is more tax cuts for the wealthy and less regulation on wall street and with the EPA.

they have also propsed the following:

eliminates Security and Exchange Commission restrictions that prevent entrepreneurs from raising capital from a large pool of investors
- most small business would not be affected by this at all since they dont raise capital from investors, they take out loans.

makes it easier for small businesses by increasing the threshold under which companies are exempt from SEC
registration
- small businesses dont register with the SEC unless that are going public.

raises the shareholder registration requirement threshold from 500 shareholders to 1,000 shareholders
- and what good does this do to help the average job in main street since they dont have shareholders.

all three of these things are to help big business only.

lets see what else has the GOP proposed.
- hmm putting and artificial timeline on the keystone decision
- roll back rules on mercury pollution
- extending the payroll tax
- flood insurance reform
- auction off more broadband spectrum
- Roll Back EPA regulations promoting clean air and pollution
- Roll Back Union rights
- Roll back parts of Dodd Frank

well...... not exactly helping out the middle class and small businesses now. btw this is all of the gop.gov website.

the GOP hasnt produced a decent "job" bill yets.

They passed a great jobs bill, right after they took the House.
The Senate never brought it to the floor.
i listed everything in that jobs bill in my post. what was decent about it?

Create a strong economy so they can get a job and keep a job and pay their fucken bills.
the GOP hasnt produced a decent "job" bill yets. all they tout is more tax cuts for the wealthy and less regulation on wall street and with the EPA.

eliminates Security and Exchange Commission restrictions that prevent entrepreneurs from raising capital from a large pool of investors
- most small business would not be affected by this at all since they dont raise capital from investors, they take out loans.

makes it easier for small businesses by increasing the threshold under which companies are exempt from SEC
registration

raises the shareholder registration requirement threshold from 500 shareholders to 1,000 shareholders
- and what good does this do to help the average job in main street since they dont have shareholders.

- flood insurance reform
- Roll Back Union rights

well...... not exactly helping out the middle class and small businesses now. btw this is all of the gop.gov website.

Most of the rollbacks seem to be on bad laws and ridiculous regulations.

The GOP believes that if you have an economy that is business-friendly you create job growth.

Obama wants to help his special interest groups only, even if it fucks people out of a job.

The reason unemployment is still above 8% is because of Obama and his stupid policies. We would be closer to 6 by now if it weren't for him and his crony-capitalism.
repealing Dodd Frank is not a good idea. Just as repealing Glass Steagal turned out to be a horrendous idea. repealing EPA regulations that provide cleaner air which promotes a healthier living, is not a good idea. most jobs are created by small businesses, none if which deal with EPA regulations and the stock markets. if you really want to promote small business growth you could give them grants or tax free loans. you could let them write off 100% of the salary of new hires for the first year. the government could purchase goods and services through small businesses. these are much better ideas than simply repealing Dodd Frank or rolling back EPA regulations.

small businesses growth when their business grows, not because the government gives them tax breaks.

Talk about dolts: a left-winger who idolizes Mencken. That's the ultimate in stupidity.

Dante idolizes no one except maybe dante. :eusa_shhh:

Not being a left-winger...

I suspect your doltish brain has gone on vacation

Yeah, right. You do nothing but attack conservatives and the free market, but you're not a left winger.

That's what every left-winger claims.

Another left wing dolt cheering as the feds meddle in everything from condoms to home loans...

not left wing

didn't know the feds meddle with condoms. sounds like a hysterical rant talking point

but you do not deny the righties who pray for Obama to fail even if it means America goes to hell in a hand basket

Obama failing means America wins.

You just don't understand that.

Rethugs, point to ONE thing that you all accomplished under George Bush and his friends, that worked and created jobs for the middle class of America. Just one.

And wars for the middle class to fight don't count. And they were not successful anyway.

Had your tax cuts for the "job creators" in place for years. Where are the jobs?
Been fighting Obama tooth and nail since he was elected. Where are the jobs?
Just what is the jobs proposal now. More tax cuts? For the real rich. Is that it? Fail.

registration

- flood insurance reform
- Roll Back Union rights

the GOP hasnt produced a decent "job" bill yets.

They passed a great jobs bill, right after they took the House.
The Senate never brought it to the floor.
i listed everything in that jobs bill in my post. what was decent about it?

That's not the jobs bill I was talking about.
Are there any regulations you feel should be eliminated to help job growth?

Remember when the shit hit the fan back in 2008 and Jon Stewart proposed giving the bailout money to PEOPLE to pay their mortgages?

The more I think about it, that plan would have worked so much better than what we got and the banks would have gotten their money just the same.

the bush tax were skewed toward the wealthy. yes the middle class got a small benefit, but no where near what the wealthy got.
Study: Bush Tax Cuts Favor Wealthy - CBS News

Of course the middle class did not get what the wealthy got. They don't pay the amount of taxes that the wealthy pay. If you paid taxes on $60,000, you got a lot more that someone who paid taxes on $40,000. Is that too damn difficult to understand?

Unless you are financially involved with a wealthy person, then what they have, or do not have, has absolutely no effect on what you have, or do not have. If the neighbor down the street wins the lottery, and becomes an instant multi-millionaire, my life doesn't change at all. I still make the same amount of money that I did, and my standard of living did not change in any way. The same applies to every other wealthy person, regardless of how much they have. And, the same applies to every one of the dumbed down who attempt to create this class warfare.

Remember when the shit hit the fan back in 2008 and Jon Stewart proposed giving the bailout money to PEOPLE to pay their mortgages?

The more I think about it, that plan would have worked so much better than what we got and the banks would have gotten their money just the same.

The banks repaid TARP.
Your idea would have added $800 billion to the deficit.

the bush tax were skewed toward the wealthy. yes the middle class got a small benefit, but no where near what the wealthy got.
Study: Bush Tax Cuts Favor Wealthy - CBS News

Of course the middle class did not get what the wealthy got. They don't pay the amount of taxes that the wealthy pay. If you paid taxes on $60,000, you got a lot more that someone who paid taxes on $40,000. Is that too damn difficult to understand?

Unless you are financially involved with a wealthy person, then what they have, or do not have, has absolutely no effect on what you have, or do not have. If the neighbor down the street wins the lottery, and becomes an instant multi-millionaire, my life doesn't change at all. I still make the same amount of money that I did, and my standard of living did not change in any way. The same applies to every other wealthy person, regardless of how much they have. And, the same applies to every one of the dumbed down who attempt to create this class warfare.
the more money the middle class has, the better the economy does, if you have gave $5k to the average middle class family, 90% of the money would be spend on goods and services which stimulate the economy and create jobs within the community, give that same $5k to someone who is wealthy and that money will find its way into an investment (i.e. stock or bonds) and no jobs will be created.

The Middle Class Grows the Economy, Not the Rich

those same tax cuts are also a huge driver of the current debt and deficit.

Bruce Bartlett, a Republican political appointee and domestic policy advisor to Ronald Reagan, points out that:
Taxes were cut in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2006.
It would have been one thing if the Bush tax cuts had at least bought the country a higher rate of economic growth, even temporarily. They did not. Real G.D.P. growth peaked at just 3.6 percent in 2004 before fading rapidly. Even before the crisis hit, real G.D.P. was growing less than 2 percent a year...
According to a recent C.B.O. report, they reduced revenue by at least $2.9 trillion below what it otherwise would have been between 2001 and 2011. Slower-than-expected growth reduced revenue by another $3.5 trillion.
Spending was $5.6 trillion higher than the C.B.O. anticipated for a total fiscal turnaround of $12 trillion. That is how a $6 trillion projected surplus turned into a cumulative deficit of $6 trillion.
Tax Cuts for the Middle Class and Poor STIMULATE The Economy, But Tax Cuts for the Wealthy HURT The Economy → Washingtons Blog

now tell us again why giving the wealthy a larger portion of the tax cuts is a good idea?

Ive yet to see a GOP jobs plan that's not called tax cuts for "job creators"

New Obama Refinance Proposal Is Practically Worthless

That's not true.

It makes for a very nice headline, doesn't it?

And really isn't that what its all about now?

MEDIA SPIN matters more than reality.

Forum List

Back