New Obama Attack: Romney Paid Too Much In Taxes On Purpose. How Evil!!!!

Shouldn't you guys be a bit more worried about $6,000,000,000,000 new debt, credit downgrades, record unemployment, worst recovery in history sinking $' etc. than a tax return?

imagesizer
robert-gibbs.jpg

I've seen this ridiculous charge being made at MSNBC earlier this week and now this morning on Fox News with Chris Matthews by Obama spokesperson Robert Gibbs.

He actually tried to attach negative connotations to Mitt intentionally paying more taxes than he should have. I guess I've seen just about everything. I think it has become crystal clear that it doesn't really matter what Romney does.....the overactive minds of Obama's brain-trust will simply talk smack about it.

I don't expect the Obama campaign to be honest but this is just one more example of how they twist the truth and turn something positive into something negative.

This is how they claimed that the attacks on our embassies weren't Obama's fault. It wasn't lax security that allowed protesters to invade our embassies. Nope. The whole focus needs to be on Romney shooting before aiming. Obama has had a terrible two weeks and all the press says is that Romney has had a bad two weeks and he's going down in flames. Last night I heard this on Saturday Night Live. If the liberals on SNL didn't have the GOP to make fun I think they would run out of material.

So the major push now that most of Obama's attacks have petered out is that Romney, they claim, said he should be disqualified. What he actually said was this:

"I don't pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don't think I'd be qualified to become president."

Now look at this. Did Romney break the law to ignore some of his deductions????

No.

So essentially, what Romney said still stands and fact is he did not break the law to pay more as is being accused. The key word is legally. We all have the legal right to ignore deductions to boost our tax liabilities. However MSNBC and the Obama campaign are claiming Romney doesn't.

Links

Romney pays more taxes than 'legally due,' disqualifies himself to be president - The Ed Show

What the hell is wrong with you? You know that Romney told us he always paid more than 13%. Of course he had to pay more than 13%. Which is worse, "Unqualified" or "liar". I'm guessing "liar". Look how much flak Ryan took for his "20 minute" marathon.

What percent of US Americans pay more in Taxes than due filing an itemized return?

Hmmm..? Let's Goggle this...... Must be many right?​

Goggle: "What percent of Americans pay more in Taxes than due."​

Only Mitt's name comes up so far? This is going to be a very hard research project I see!

First the argument is he paid to little or none, now that is proven wrong they are trying to claim paying more is illegal? Care to cite the EXACT law he violated?

I don't recall claiming that paying more is a illegal. He is a multimillionaire and you can afford any account that will give him the best outcome. Wealthy people are not interested in making problems for themselves. That's why they pay an accountant to make sure everything done right. For what reason would I want to give the IRS information that their gonna turn around and gonna Fuck with me, I've given them the evidence they need. The only ones that have this problem are the individuals that do it themselves and don't completely understand how the tax code function and Fucks themselves. Personally five be eight years is not unreasonable, I've had 20 years experience with accountants, and the best topic that I enjoyed talking to them about, how can you hide money from taxation at parties. They are otherwise a little boring. How's it done, what's required to be able to accomplish this is the general topic always and they love it and makes them the star for the night. It's been a well known fact that offshore accounts are used for tax avoidance. Any of our wonderful banks in America can handle the same job, and wealthy people pay no fees and get concierge service free. We're talking about computers and data, its not like gold bars.

Last edited:
Shouldn't you guys be a bit more worried about $6,000,000,000,000 new debt, credit downgrades, record unemployment, worst recovery in history sinking $' etc. than a tax return?

He fudged his numbers. Are there more important things? Sure, but that doesn't mean we shouldnt talk about Mitts character.

This is what I call an unnecessary lie. Romney didn't have to tell Americans his tax rate has never fallen below 13%. He shouldn't be ashamed of the rate he pays.

Both trajan...In fact...all the money collected by the IRS from all of us, that goes in to the treasury to pay for our budget included.....it all needs to be reevaluated and reworked imho. I don't think that the investor is more worthy than the worker...I think like our founding fathers, that the worker is more important than the investor....but this is debatable and I can understand that....but it is time for us to bring this forward and discuss it....we all should be discussing it....and trying to do something about it....

I don't see this in terms of "worthiness" , money used in risk mechanisms compared to straight income must be taxed at a lower rate no matter who it is.

I am not sure were the founders remarked on investors vs. salaried employees:eusa_eh:

I disagree with you on that...it never was taxed less than earned income until the 90's or late 80's and we did just fine with it being taxed at the same level of their tax bracket rate....and things are different now trajan, we have a global economy...there is nothing keeping investors from just investing overseas....it doesn't necessarily benefit our country to give investors less of a capital gains rate now as it used to do......

Actually that is an argument to drop them altogether, why invest here if you can invest overseas with a smaller liability.

I am not sure were you heard that blurb about cap gains being taxed the same As straight income.....there was always a structure post 1921 to make investment income attractive and reward the risk involved;

From 1913 to 1921, capital gains were taxed at ordinary rates, initially up to a maximum rate of 7 percent.[2] In 1921 the Revenue Act of 1921 was introduced, allowing a tax rate of 12.5 percent gain for assets held at least two years.[2] From 1934 to 1941, taxpayers could exclude percentages of gains that varied with the holding period: 20, 40, 60, and 70 percent of gains were excluded on assets held 1, 2, 5, and 10 years, respectively.[2] Beginning in 1942, taxpayers could exclude 50 percent of capital gains on assets held at least six months or elect a 25 percent alternative tax rate if their ordinary tax rate exceeded 50 percent.[2] Capital gains tax rates were significantly increased in the 1969 and 1976 Tax Reform Acts.[2] In 1978, Congress reduced capital gains tax rates by eliminating the minimum tax on excluded gains and increasing the exclusion to 60 percent, thereby reducing the maximum rate to 28 percent.[2] The 1981 tax rate reductions further reduced capital gains rates to a maximum of 20 percent.

Wiki...

What percent of US Americans pay more in Taxes than due filing an itemized return?

Hmmm..? Let's Goggle this...... Must be many right?​

Goggle: "What percent of Americans pay more in Taxes than due."​

Only Mitt's name comes up so far? This is going to be a very hard research project I see!

First the argument is he paid to little or none, now that is proven wrong they are trying to claim paying more is illegal? Care to cite the EXACT law he violated?

Calling it illegal is stupid.

Saying he was slippery with his numbers is accurate however.

Explain CAREFULLY how paying more then you have to is a bad thing? You are aware that citizens can give money to the Government through several means. I believe you can even ear mark donations for specific programs or general fund.

I am not quit grasping how allowing yourself to pay more then absolutely required is " Slippery".

Can you walk and chew gum?

Apparently you have limited focusing powers. I quite easily graze all the subjects in gov't with no problem. So your greatest accomplishment is walking and chewing gum at the same time and asking others to do so:confused:

Calling it illegal is stupid.

Saying he was slippery with his numbers is accurate however.

Explain CAREFULLY how paying more then you have to is a bad thing? You are aware that citizens can give money to the Government through several means. I believe you can even ear mark donations for specific programs or general fund.

I am not quit grasping how allowing yourself to pay more then absolutely required is " Slippery".

It's not bad, however for Mitt it is disingenuous. IF he had released, say 5 years of returns, and they showed he consistently paid more, well most people( obviously not partisan hacks) would be commenting how generous he is.

However what he did was swear he never pays less than 13%, then when people started demanding to see more returns, he releases one where he has purposefully not claimed an obvious deduction so that his tax rate wouldn't fall below the magic number.

Shouldn't the wealthiest Americans, at least, be paying more than 9% in federal income tax given all the obligations this country has?

Keep in mind, the other multi-millionaires who aren't running for president and who loophole their tax bill down to 9% don't have to manipulate it higher,

for appearances sake.

imagesizer
robert-gibbs.jpg

I've seen this ridiculous charge being made at MSNBC earlier this week and now this morning on Fox News with Chris Matthews by Obama spokesperson Robert Gibbs.

He actually tried to attach negative connotations to Mitt intentionally paying more taxes than he should have. I guess I've seen just about everything. I think it has become crystal clear that it doesn't really matter what Romney does.....the overactive minds of Obama's brain-trust will simply talk smack about it.

I don't expect the Obama campaign to be honest but this is just one more example of how they twist the truth and turn something positive into something negative.

This is how they claimed that the attacks on our embassies weren't Obama's fault. It wasn't lax security that allowed protesters to invade our embassies. Nope. The whole focus needs to be on Romney shooting before aiming. Obama has had a terrible two weeks and all the press says is that Romney has had a bad two weeks and he's going down in flames. Last night I heard this on Saturday Night Live. If the liberals on SNL didn't have the GOP to make fun I think they would run out of material.

So the major push now that most of Obama's attacks have petered out is that Romney, they claim, said he should be disqualified. What he actually said was this:

"I don't pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don't think I'd be qualified to become president."

No.

So essentially, what Romney said still stands and fact is he did not break the law to pay more as is being accused. The key word is legally. We all have the legal right to ignore deductions to boost our tax liabilities. However MSNBC and the Obama campaign are claiming Romney doesn't.

Links

Romney pays more taxes than 'legally due,' disqualifies himself to be president - The Ed Show

It's not about how much Romney paid but rather whether the amount he paid makes sense. Should tax rules make it possible for the super wealthy to pay so little? If not, then what is a reasonable and fair rate?

The tax code is written by the IRS and is under the Obama Administration's control.

They decide.

According to Romney's tax returns he was basically unemployed and all of his taxes were paid from interest income on investments.

If he didn't earn anything else then why should he have to pay it?

I'd start with the box called gross income, It does'nt really care why and where it came from. it's just that dollar amount. I get money I didn't work for and I put in that box.

The key word is legally.

If you do your taxes and calculate that by law you owe $10,000, that is the amount that is LEGALLY DUE.

If you choose to eliminate a deduction, or part of a deduction, so that your tax bill is increased to, say, $15,000,

you have chosen to pay more than was LEGALLY DUE. That's what Romney did, and that's what Romney originally said would disqualify him from being president.

I took a course from H&R Block on tax preparation. I prepared my own taxes for 30 plus years.

Deductions are totally voluntary. They are not mandated. Paying less than you deserve is illegal, not more.

Epic fail :eusa_whistle:

Your argument doesn't make sense. Romney legally paid more than he owed. Which he had previously said was a disqualifer for president. He made that statement to defend himself for using all the legal tax loopholes to pay a lower effective tax rate. When he was going to go below the 13% mark, he did what he had earlier derided.

P.S. I was a volunteer income tax preparer for 11 of the 20 years I was in the Navy. Each year, we took a course from the IRS and the state revenue agency for the state in which we were based. I prepared tax returns for active duty members and the spouses of deployed members. It's called the VITA program. and it helps troops not get ripped off by places like H&R Block, because we didn't push rapid refunds or refund "loans".

"VITA
The VITA Program generally offers free tax help to people who make $50,000 or less and need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation to qualified individuals in local communities. They can inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled. VITA sites are generally located at community and neighborhood centers, libraries, schools, shopping malls, and other convenient locations. Most locations also offer free electronic filing."

Free Tax Return Preparation for You by Volunteers

People that sound rational and reasonable shouldn't be allowed next to a keyboard:eusa_whistle: go army

It's not about how much Romney paid but rather whether the amount he paid makes sense. Should tax rules make it possible for the super wealthy to pay so little? If not, then what is a reasonable and fair rate?

The tax code is written by the IRS and is under the Obama Administration's control.

They decide.

According to Romney's tax returns he was basically unemployed and all of his taxes were paid from interest income on investments.

If he didn't earn anything else then why should he have to pay it?
Auditor's comment is what should be the topic....not that romney paid more than was due, but WHY is our tax code set up this way and is it truly best for our Nation. None of this is Romney's fault, nor is it the Obama administrations fault or duty to change it. This is up to congress to do. Obama can't change it as you imply. the IRS can't change it as you imply as well.

The issue at hand is our TAX CODE and how it FAVORS people making multi millions a year over the person earning 250k or 300k a year, who is in the same tax bracket as the person making the multi millions yet having to pay a much higher percentage in taxes than the multi millionaire....again, NONE of this is Romney's fault.

Where Romney comes in to the picture on this, is When he talks about reducing the taxes on people earning multi millions a year, even MORESO than what has already been handed these people by their cronies in Congress, even MORE.....is that what is really good for the country, is that truly fair to all who live here?

In my opinion, the answer is clearly NO.....

I don't believe for one nano second that some one earning multi millions a year should pay less of a percentage in taxes than someone working for a living earning $300k a year....I think that we have given way too many deductions and credits and breaks to people earning multi millions a year already....and I believe this has to change and should be changed through Congress.

It is one of the reasons the shift from the middle class's earnings to the wealthiest's earnings is taking place....when you look at figures of the 1/10 of 1%ers earning 275 times what they did back in the 70's and the middle class only increasing their average income by 35% over the past 40 plus years...the middle class and upper middle class is being fleeced.

so this is most certainly a topic of discussion that we all have a stake in.....our entire Nation has a stake in....we don't get to have lobbyists paid millions a year to represent us when it comes to tax laws and when it comes to what Congress does as the wealthiest are able to do, and it is now taking aq toll on all of the middle class...republicans and democratics alike...

Gee another one of these kinds, a rational and informed determination made from reasonable objective facts, using the power of common sense. My question is why are you and I here talking to these clowns:eusa_whistle:

Romney chose to give money to charity without asking taxpayers to subsidize it.

Obama couldn't even give his own kids money without expecting taxpayers to subsidize it.

Yet in this new bizarro world, something is wrong with Romney?

If that's what Romney does..lets see if he's done it since 2000.

Even Romney's father stated that one or two years of tax returns could be an anomaly.

And if Romney loses he still has time to claim those deductions.

But you knew that..right?

Obama spends his time saying that guys like him SHOULD pay more. He had the chance and instead let taxpayers subsidize the money he claims to be giving to his kids. If he really believed what he says, he has enough money to put away for his kids without taking a deduction for taking care of his own children. Hypocrisy on full display.

What?

I don't see this in terms of "worthiness" , money used in risk mechanisms compared to straight income must be taxed at a lower rate no matter who it is.

I am not sure were the founders remarked on investors vs. salaried employees:eusa_eh:

I disagree with you on that...it never was taxed less than earned income until the 90's or late 80's and we did just fine with it being taxed at the same level of their tax bracket rate....and things are different now trajan, we have a global economy...there is nothing keeping investors from just investing overseas....it doesn't necessarily benefit our country to give investors less of a capital gains rate now as it used to do......

Actually that is an argument to drop them altogether, why invest here if you can invest overseas with a smaller liability.

I am not sure were you heard that blurb about cap gains being taxed the same As straight income.....there was always a structure post 1921 to make investment income attractive and reward the risk involved;

From 1913 to 1921, capital gains were taxed at ordinary rates, initially up to a maximum rate of 7 percent.[2] In 1921 the Revenue Act of 1921 was introduced, allowing a tax rate of 12.5 percent gain for assets held at least two years.[2] From 1934 to 1941, taxpayers could exclude percentages of gains that varied with the holding period: 20, 40, 60, and 70 percent of gains were excluded on assets held 1, 2, 5, and 10 years, respectively.[2] Beginning in 1942, taxpayers could exclude 50 percent of capital gains on assets held at least six months or elect a 25 percent alternative tax rate if their ordinary tax rate exceeded 50 percent.[2] Capital gains tax rates were significantly increased in the 1969 and 1976 Tax Reform Acts.[2] In 1978, Congress reduced capital gains tax rates by eliminating the minimum tax on excluded gains and increasing the exclusion to 60 percent, thereby reducing the maximum rate to 28 percent.[2] The 1981 tax rate reductions further reduced capital gains rates to a maximum of 20 percent.

Wiki...

These are all pretty silly arguments.

The US still retains the largest number of extremely wealthy people.

If the tax burden were so great..that would not be the case.

This behavior??

You know.....the world would be a much better place if you would just go jump off a bridge.

Advocating suicide. Nice man. What's your next trick.?

How bout go fuck yourself......

How does that sound hack???

Ah the tough guy thing.

Pretty interesting considering you are safely behind a keyboard.

Brave sir robin..you are..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZwuTo7zKM8]Brave Sir Robin - YouTube[/ame]

:lol:

imagesizer
robert-gibbs.jpg

No.

Links

Romney wouldn’t need to worry about ‘tax attacks’ if he’d simply addressed the issue honestly months ago.

Romney has only himself to blame for ‘tax attacks.’

In a word..yeah.

And he's lied about this sort of thing before.

Not mistakes..lies..big fat fucking lies.

Forum List

Back