New Obama Attack: Romney Paid Too Much In Taxes On Purpose. How Evil!!!!

I wonder if charitable deductions is one of those phantom loopholes that Mitt claims he'll eliminate in his tax plan.

His tax plan supposedly cuts tax rates for the Rich, but then eliminates loopholes to keep the actual amount they pay the same.

I wonder if that means Romney under his own plan would end up still paying 13%, or 9%?

What percent of US Americans pay more in Taxes than due filing an itemized return?

Hmmm..? Let's Goggle this...... Must be many right?​

Goggle: "What percent of Americans pay more in Taxes than due."​

Only Mitt's name comes up so far? This is going to be a very hard research project I see!

I don't know what the percentages are but every year I ignore some of my deductions because I feel that it reduces my chances of being audited. You can carry over some of your deductions legally if you want to.

I usually have enough deductions not to pay any income taxes. I pay through the nose for FICA and Medicare but I almost every year have enough write-off to not pay any income taxes.

But I choose to pay some in hopes that the IRS won't come knocking on my door. I've gone through enough audits to know even if they find nothing it's still a major pain.

The man has accountants doing his tax returns. I don't think he's afraid of being audited.
Truly these people are smart when it comes to tax returns and are not gonna list hidden money etc.. There's a big difference between what you describe and the boldness Romney just to look better to public. Tax returns stay relatively the same year after year for most people. And I'm sure he's gonna do an amended tax return too. after using this generosity of the tax code allowing him not to deduct everything. I'll be disappointed in Romney if he does not file an amended return 2012 tax year ,this stuff to simple.

What percent of US Americans pay more in Taxes than due filing an itemized return?

Hmmm..? Let's Goggle this...... Must be many right?​

Goggle: "What percent of Americans pay more in Taxes than due."​

Only Mitt's name comes up so far? This is going to be a very hard research project I see!

Your stupid is painful so your username is the only accurate thing about you.

Come on girl you can do better than this! Real simple logic here it's all for show from Romney on the taxes

Democrats had their talking points ready to go no matter what Romney's tax returns showed.

Nope, on this they're just making shit up.

The only thing Democrats are any good at is spending our money, blaming everything on someone else, and making shit up out of the clear blue.

This illustrates just how dishonest and just how desperate they are. The closer we get to November the worse it will get.

Most of the trends show they are losing badly, yet everyone, even Fox claims Obama is doing well.

Fact is even Fox has to hire liberal journalists.

Obama needs to be way in the lead and instead he's tied with Romney.

Undecideds always go to the new candidate because they are undecided due to their unhappiness with the incumbent. At least he or she is already well known. The only thing that saves Obama is a 3rd party candidate. All swing states are within the margin of error and will most likely go to Romney according to a Colorado study. It is getting to the point that the Obama campaign is trying to think up a way to counter the polls. Their new mantra will be "Don't pay attention to the polls, we're winning!!!"

The public is more and more distrusting of the media. It's gotten to the point that they're turning them off in droves. People are tired of being lied to by everyone. I've heard several lies by NBC's Meet The Depressed this morning. They're claiming that the biggest gaffe Romney made was saying that Obama let security go and practically was asking for attacks.

Finally, no president since they started keeping track with it has ever been re-elected with less than 50% approval rating. Obama is currently in the low 40s.

Personally I think Obama has seen the writing on the wall. He's already looking into buying where he's going to be living after he loses. He acts like GWB and Bubba did close to the end of their second terms. Bush found a place close to Dallas and Bubba found a $100 million dollar mansion in Connecticut to sort of call home. Obama found a place on the island of Oahu.

The media is lying to us. They're playing up the 47% BS like it destroyed Mitt Romney. I don't think it worked. The whole point of his comments is that too many Americans are waiting for someone to take care of them. They outta be ashamed of themselves, but like every other suck-ass special interest group the Democrats coddle these people finally have support. The folks that want the rest of us to support them finally have a voice in government.

So, what I heard this morning was nothing but lies. Forget the lack of jobs, forget Obama intentionally destroying the US Dollar, forget the fact that the polls show the candidates tied, forget the fact that Obama's foreign policy exploded into bits over the last 2 weeks. Forget the fact that Obama says he can't do anything. Romney is too unpopular to win.

imagesizer
robert-gibbs.jpg

I've seen this ridiculous charge being made at MSNBC earlier this week and now this morning on Fox News with Chris Matthews by Obama spokesperson Robert Gibbs.

He actually tried to attach negative connotations to Mitt intentionally paying more taxes than he should have. I guess I've seen just about everything. I think it has become crystal clear that it doesn't really matter what Romney does.....the overactive minds of Obama's brain-trust will simply talk smack about it.

I don't expect the Obama campaign to be honest but this is just one more example of how they twist the truth and turn something positive into something negative.

This is how they claimed that the attacks on our embassies weren't Obama's fault. It wasn't lax security that allowed protesters to invade our embassies. Nope. The whole focus needs to be on Romney shooting before aiming. Obama has had a terrible two weeks and all the press says is that Romney has had a bad two weeks and he's going down in flames. Last night I heard this on Saturday Night Live. If the liberals on SNL didn't have the GOP to make fun I think they would run out of material.

So the major push now that most of Obama's attacks have petered out is that Romney, they claim, said he should be disqualified. What he actually said was this:

"I don't pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don't think I'd be qualified to become president."

Now look at this. Did Romney break the law to ignore some of his deductions????

No.

So essentially, what Romney said still stands and fact is he did not break the law to pay more as is being accused. The key word is legally. We all have the legal right to ignore deductions to boost our tax liabilities. However MSNBC and the Obama campaign are claiming Romney doesn't.

Links

Romney pays more taxes than 'legally due,' disqualifies himself to be president - The Ed Show

The key word is legally.

If you do your taxes and calculate that by law you owe $10,000, that is the amount that is LEGALLY DUE.

If you choose to eliminate a deduction, or part of a deduction, so that your tax bill is increased to, say, $15,000,

you have chosen to pay more than was LEGALLY DUE. That's what Romney did, and that's what Romney originally said would disqualify him from being president.

I took a course from H&R Block on tax preparation. I prepared my own taxes for 30 plus years.

Deductions are totally voluntary. They are not mandated. Paying less than you deserve is illegal, not more.

Epic fail :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
imagesizer
robert-gibbs.jpg

I've seen this ridiculous charge being made at MSNBC earlier this week and now this morning on Fox News with Chris Matthews by Obama spokesperson Robert Gibbs.

He actually tried to attach negative connotations to Mitt intentionally paying more taxes than he should have. I guess I've seen just about everything. I think it has become crystal clear that it doesn't really matter what Romney does.....the overactive minds of Obama's brain-trust will simply talk smack about it.

I don't expect the Obama campaign to be honest but this is just one more example of how they twist the truth and turn something positive into something negative.

This is how they claimed that the attacks on our embassies weren't Obama's fault. It wasn't lax security that allowed protesters to invade our embassies. Nope. The whole focus needs to be on Romney shooting before aiming. Obama has had a terrible two weeks and all the press says is that Romney has had a bad two weeks and he's going down in flames. Last night I heard this on Saturday Night Live. If the liberals on SNL didn't have the GOP to make fun I think they would run out of material.

So the major push now that most of Obama's attacks have petered out is that Romney, they claim, said he should be disqualified. What he actually said was this:

"I don't pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don't think I'd be qualified to become president."

No.

So essentially, what Romney said still stands and fact is he did not break the law to pay more as is being accused. The key word is legally. We all have the legal right to ignore deductions to boost our tax liabilities. However MSNBC and the Obama campaign are claiming Romney doesn't.

Links

Romney pays more taxes than 'legally due,' disqualifies himself to be president - The Ed Show

It's not about how much Romney paid but rather whether the amount he paid makes sense. Should tax rules make it possible for the super wealthy to pay so little? If not, then what is a reasonable and fair rate?

The tax code is written by the IRS and is under the Obama Administration's control.

They decide.

According to Romney's tax returns he was basically unemployed and all of his taxes were paid from interest income on investments.

If he didn't earn anything else then why should he have to pay it?

Romney chose to give money to charity without asking taxpayers to subsidize it.

Obama couldn't even give his own kids money without expecting taxpayers to subsidize it.

Yet in this new bizarro world, something is wrong with Romney?

If that's what Romney does..lets see if he's done it since 2000.

Even Romney's father stated that one or two years of tax returns could be an anomaly.

And if Romney loses he still has time to claim those deductions.

But you knew that..right?

Don't forget,

the real reason Mitt paid more than was due was that he had to avoid being caught in another lie.

He'd already gone on record saying that he'd never paid less than 13% in the last ten years.

He had to manipulate the system to get the 2011 rate back UP to 13%.

And at the point, Mitt was absolutely correct. His 2011 tax returns were not complete yet. He was relying on estimates. I never know the exact amount of my taxes until my CPA brings me my completed return for signatures. Not surprising that you in the 47% wouldn't know that.

Obama couldn't even give his own kids money without expecting taxpayers to subsidize it.

Even Romney's father stated that one or two years of tax returns could be an anomaly.

Obama spends his time saying that guys like him SHOULD pay more. He had the chance and instead let taxpayers subsidize the money he claims to be giving to his kids. If he really believed what he says, he has enough money to put away for his kids without taking a deduction for taking care of his own children. Hypocrisy on full display.

I think it's pretty clear by now why Romney won't release anything else.

The Dems make shit up as they go. Why give them more when they can't be trusted with what they already have????

Why???

Nope. Guess we're back to talking about Romney's tax returns because people don't care about all of the other attacks on Romney. Meanwhile the empty-chair is making plans to get the hell out of Washington.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

romney-billboard-show-us-tax-returns.png

Links

Articles: Empty Chair Leadership: Obama's History of Shirking Duty

Blog: Are American voters waking up to reality about Israel and the Middle East?

The Dems make shit up as they go. Why give them more when they can't be trusted with what they already have????

Why???

Nope. Guess we're back to talking about Romney's tax returns because people don't care about all of the other attacks on Romney. Meanwhile the empty-chair is making plans to get the hell out of Washington.

Links

Blog: Are American voters waking up to reality about Israel and the Middle East?

Everybody knows why he won't release previous returns, because he's a cheat.

This is a last ditch effort to get people to trust him, his own party made him release this return but he will need to release a lot more for that to happen.

Why???

Links

This is a last ditch effort to get people to trust him, his own party made him release this return but he will need to release a lot more for that to happen.

Says the chick who is a walking uterus.

imagesizer
robert-gibbs.jpg

No.

Links

The key word is legally.

If you do your taxes and calculate that by law you owe $10,000, that is the amount that is LEGALLY DUE.

If you choose to eliminate a deduction, or part of a deduction, so that your tax bill is increased to, say, $15,000,

you have chosen to pay more than was LEGALLY DUE. That's what Romney did, and that's what Romney originally said would disqualify him from being president.

So you're claim is that everyone must claim every deduction that they are allowed to claim? You really want to run with that?

OK.

*Snickers....*

That really is some fucking dumb shit.

So Romney did what the left always say's the rich should do pay more in taxes and the left is not happy about that there is just no pleasing some people.

The left are clearly demonstrating that they are not people in the traditional meaning of the word... they are borg.

So Romney did what the left always say's the rich should do pay more in taxes and the left is not happy about that there is just no pleasing some people.

I agree with the sentiment of what you are saying but disagree technically. Liberal do not say that people should voluntarily give more. Why would they have to say that they could just do it. No what they say is that they want to take more and give it to someone else. Republicans on the other hand tell the rich democrats that they indeed can do what Romney has done.

Why???

Links

Hey bitch! If he was a cheat the IRS would already know it and his ass would be in jail. why don't you go braid your pussy hair? Or better yet let ravi braid it,

Forum List

Back