New Movies worth seeing

IsaacNewton

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2015
Hacksaw Ridge, Mel Gibson's first directorial outing in 10 years. Randall Wallace who was a screenwriter on Braveheart also co-wrote this film.

I wait for WW2 movies from Hollywood and this one looks incredible.

Hacksaw Ridge (2016) - IMDb

The film that I am looking forward to seeing is one named Is That A Gun In Your Pocket? My most favorite actor named Matt Passmore is in it and it is supposed to be released in September. Cloris Leachman is also in it.

God bless you and her and Matt always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

The film that I am looking forward to seeing is one named Is That A Gun In Your Pocket? My most favorite actor named Matt Passmore is in it and it is supposed to be released in September. Cloris Leachman is also in it.

God bless you and her and Matt always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Looks like this movie was already released? The story looks like a remake of an early 1970s movie called Cold Turkey, where the women in town withheld sex to keep the entire town from smoking for a month so the town could win $25 million from a tobacco company.

Cold Turkey (1971) - IMDb

^^^ Matt wrote to me at the Twitter website when I asked him about the film. September is when it is going to be released. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Hacksaw Ridge, Mel Gibson's first directorial outing in 10 years. Randall Wallace who was a screenwriter on Braveheart also co-wrote this film.

I'll trust your taste and look forward to this one, mainly because I like good WW-II movies.

Because my father's Army unit was one of those that relieved the Marines on Guadalcanal and did the inland "mop-up" I was transfixed by The Thin Red Line because many of this excellent movie's segments and images fit precisely into things Dad told us about that experience. I have it on DVD. I really don't know how many times I've watched it but I never tire of it because it brings his memory close and it's like he's remembering it again. The 'canal was a brutal experience.

Clint Eastwood's, Letters From Iwo Jima is another good one. I'm surprised it doesn't show up on tv anymore.

Is Hacksaw Ridge about the Pacific or the European campaigns?

Band Of Brothers is an excellent series and would have been among the better WW-II movies. Likewise, Saving Private Ryan.

I'll trust your taste and look forward to this one, mainly because I like good WW-II movies.

Because my father's Army unit was one of those that relieved the Marines on Guadalcanal and did the inland "mop-up" I was transfixed by The Thin Red Line because many of this excellent movie's segments and images fit precisely into things Dad told us about that experience. I have it on DVD. I really don't know how many times I've watched it but I never tire of it because it brings his memory close and it's like he's remembering it again. The 'canal was a brutal experience.

Clint Eastwood's, Letters From Iwo Jima is another good one. I'm surprised it doesn't show up on tv anymore.

Is Hacksaw Ridge about the Pacific or the European campaigns?

Band Of Brothers is an excellent series and would have been among the better WW-II movies. Likewise, Saving Private Ryan.

The synopsis says the main character was a conscientious objector who served in the military. As a medic on Okinawa while he refused to kill people he saved many of his own men and was awarded the Medal of Honor. Certainly not the normal war story but it looks good. Click the link for a preview.

The Pacific, which was pretty much Band of Brothers in the Pacific, covered the Guadalcanal battle quite well. Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan are both great. The entire beach battle sequence in SPR was thought up by Spielberg on the fly.

With all of his problems...Gibson knows how to make a movie.....

Forum List

Back