New Mexico GOPer proposes biometrics for Voter ID

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Here the proposal:

http://d35brb9zkkbdsd.cloudfront.ne...Iris-scans-thumbprints-img-122134617-0001.pdf

The author:

Republican State Senator and Minority Whip Bill Payne.

New Mexico Senator Proposes Voter ID Plan To Scan Voters Eyeballs Or Thumbprints ThinkProgress

“I thought I’d shake it up a little because I recently got an iPhone that uses a thumbprint identification that only I could open it instead of having to use a password or any other code to get into it,” Payne said in a video statement provided to ThinkProgress.

Interesting.

Probably a huge number of privacy issues here, but I can imagine that in the future, biometrics would be used for things like voter ID.

Discuss.

Interesting. The GOP is always screaming about big government interference and a loss of privacy.

Biometrics would go a long way towards giving more power to the government.

Here the proposal:

http://d35brb9zkkbdsd.cloudfront.ne...Iris-scans-thumbprints-img-122134617-0001.pdf

The author:

New Mexico Senator Proposes Voter ID Plan To Scan Voters Eyeballs Or Thumbprints ThinkProgress

“I thought I’d shake it up a little because I recently got an iPhone that uses a thumbprint identification that only I could open it instead of having to use a password or any other code to get into it,” Payne said in a video statement provided to ThinkProgress.

Interesting.

Probably a huge number of privacy issues here, but I can imagine that in the future, biometrics would be used for things like voter ID.

Discuss.

Outrageous! How are poor and minority Dem voters supposed to provide biometrics?
This is just a scam to disenfranchise dead Dem voters.

• Banned
Here the proposal:

The author:

Interesting.

Discuss.

Outrageous! How are poor and minority Dem voters supposed to provide biometrics?

Uhuh....

Here the proposal:

The author:

Interesting.

Discuss.

Will it also disenfranchise brain dead GOP voters?

Interesting. The GOP is always screaming about big government interference and a loss of privacy.

How so?
Facial Recognition and cameras are way more of a threat and it's already in use.

Actually, since we already have cameras and facial recognition, going to biometrics would just make loss of privacy even worse.

Here the proposal:

The author:

Interesting.

Discuss.

Will it also disenfranchise brain dead GOP voters?
Brain dead voters from all political parties though I'd be happy just disenfranchising dead voters......... :eusa_whistle:

How so?
Facial Recognition and cameras are way more of a threat and it's already in use.

Actually, since we already have cameras and facial recognition, going to biometrics would just make loss of privacy even worse.

So how exactly would they use your eyeball print against you?
As long as they didnt require it for other transactions it wouldnt do them any good.
Facial recognition is far worse since they can use it on everyone without their knowledge.
And besides,what do you care about the government being all up in your business,aren't you an obanacare supporter?

Once they get the biometrics for voting, it won't take them long to start using it for other things.

They already have the finger prints of most of us.
Cali,Georgia,Texas and Colorado require finger prints when you get a new DL.
When you look at all the intrusions over the last twenty years it's a little late to be bitching about it now.

Here the proposal:

The author:

Interesting.

Discuss.
Sounds like a good idea.

Once they get the biometrics for voting, it won't take them long to start using it for other things.
In addition to privacy rights concerns this also represents an unnecessary increase in the size and authority of government along with a sizable expenditure of public funds, all of which in no way 'justifies' such a 'solution.'

Indeed, it's a 'solution' in search of a problem.

Forum List

Back