New Member Introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by S.Matsis, Jan 24, 2012.

1. S.Matsis

S.Matsis S.Matsis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello all.

I'm a conservative Republican living in CT, but I can also be a moderate on many issues. I can't stand political party extremism from either the right or left, as I believe that a closed makes for a dead mind, which usually leads to nothing more than childlike postings and bashing on message boards. My main interests on these boards are politics and the economy.

I'm looking forward to checking out some of the topics here, and responding.

Have a great day!

MATSIS

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    welcome

3. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    :welcome:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. peach174

peach174 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,298
    Welcome !
    Hope you enjoy the place.

5. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    Thanks for an informative introduction MATSIS. I hope you enjoy being here, as much as I do.

[​IMG]

6. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,935
    Welcome to USMB, S.Matsis. Looking forward to seeing your views on the economy. Hope you like the boards.

7. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,234
    Given that, I wonder how quickly you'll pick up on the ignore function......... :lol:
    Welcome!

8. Fearandloathing

Fearandloathing Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    As a dual US/Canada citizen living in Vancouver, I am considered conservative and voted that way in the last election here. I am neither conservative nor liberal, though. I am fiscally conservative, tend to favor the right, am Christian but I support gay marriage and a woman's right to chose as ultimately it is the individual who will have to face God on our choices. I believe in universal medical care; we have had state run education for 200 years, why not health care?

I declare myself to be a libertarian and after reporting on governments for 25 years am absolutely convinced that no government can ever be too small.

I am intolerant of ignorance, incompetence and pettiness which probably should make you wonder how and why I am on internet forums.

I am a recovered alcoholic; I got clean and sober a little more than 20 years ago. I finally managed to quit smoking 20 months ago and am now dealing with the weight issue. It seems my youth was all about accumulating and in my older years it is all about losing.

There are few thing in this world I detest, however the top of that list is any form of extremism within which I include racism , religious bigotry, and any form of generalization of human beings. We should re-institute capital punishment for serial killers, terrorists and child molesters.

I figure anyone who thinks they are right all the time is usually wrong and anyone who still votes for the same party they supported 20 years ago isn't worth talking to, at least about politics.

I support Stephen Harper's government but have threatened not to vote for him over his party's plans for revisions in copyright legislation. I would not vote for Obama for less than $2 million; you may recall I mentioned I am intolerant of incompetence and extreemism.

and yes, my vote can be bought, I just like to think my price tag is higher than most people's.

9. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,234
    Hi. I'm human..... I think..... well last time I checked it appeared so but now I'm not always so sure, Borg implants and all that.......
    I love generalizations, extremism, bigotry, religious fundamentalism and all manner of analism, it makes great joke material....... I'm not always right but I'm never wrong.... or was that my wife......?
    I support Alfred E Newman and he always wins, yup, I was bought years ago..... :eusa_whistle:
    Ignorance, incompetence and pettiness makes the world go round yet we still manage somehow, history is on my side as proof. :D
    I think I'll have a drink and smoke a cigarette.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    Welcome, y'all.