New Low of 26% Approve of Obama on the Economy

Obama's best weapon at the moment is the current crop of GOP candidates.

His economic polices have only drawn out the Great Recession and further intervention by him will probably lead to more of the same results. Both fiscal and monetary policy have become ineffective, yet they keep trying to beat a dead horse to death.

I just love the vague generalities spewed by rightwingers who parrot what they hear from republican candidates but what SPECIFIC economic policies are you referring to and exactly how do they do what you claim they do??

To those people out there that continue to believe President Obama is unbeatable I would like to say "it's the economy stupid".

After two years of rubber stamping legislation, two years of Democrat majorities in Congress, WHERE ARE THE RESULTS?

smrx1huede2nra9ekfcpqg.gif

You would have made a better argument if it wasn't based on a LIE.

The dems only had the senate for barely over NINE MONTHS not two years. They gained control of the senate after arlen spector switched parties on 28 APR 2009 and before scott brown assumed the former seat of kennedy on 4 Feb of 2010.
After that republicans began filibustering almost everything that came through the senate and brought the government to a stand still so morons like you could lie about it and try to hold dems accountable for the stagnation caused by republican obstruction.

Democrats held all three houses for 2 YEARS. The house republicans weren't even acknowledged let along could muster up a filibuster--nor could the senate. Prior to that Nancy Pelosi was in charge in the house under the Bush administration--and she added so much federal government non-sense spending into military appropriations bills that it busted the budget.

NO ONE was able to stop them--that's why we have Obamacare today--which the overwhelming majority of this country do not want. Filibuster--Republican obstruction--B.S :lol::lol:

$BO economic policies.jpg

I thought they were stuck at 13%............

depends on the poll.

It amazes me how so many congress critters keep getting re-elected. They have had these low numbers for at least a decade, and the old timers are still dying in office. It's like: "congress really sucks, but not my congressman and Senators."

I voted for my congressman the first time he ran. That was nearly 10 years ago, I've been working against him ever since.....

That's because as a whole Americans are very down on the System, and Congress is perhaps the most Glaring example of why. However on an individual Level many Americans support their own members of Congress and believe it is others fault that things are so bad.

To those people out there that continue to believe President Obama is unbeatable I would like to say "it's the economy stupid".

After two years of rubber stamping legislation, two years of Democrat majorities in Congress, WHERE ARE THE RESULTS?

The dems only had the senate for barely over NINE MONTHS not two years. They gained control of the senate after arlen spector switched parties on 28 APR 2009 and before scott brown assumed the former seat of kennedy on 4 Feb of 2010.
After that republicans began filibustering almost everything that came through the senate and brought the government to a stand still so morons like you could lie about it and try to hold dems accountable for the stagnation caused by republican obstruction.

Democrats held all three houses for 2 YEARS. The house republicans weren't even acknowledged let along could muster up a filibuster--nor could the senate. Prior to that Nancy Pelosi was in charge in the house under the Bush administration--and she added so much federal government non-sense spending into military appropriations bills that it busted the budget.

NO ONE was able to stop them--that's why we have Obamacare today--which the overwhelming majority of this country do not want. Filibuster--Republican obstruction--B.S :lol::lol:

View attachment 14778

all 3 houses?

View attachment 14778

all 3 houses?

The President--the house and the senate. In short terms they had a full house--Republicans were such a minority they could not filibuster-nor obstruct.

That's why we have Obamacare today.

I just can't trust those poll figures.

26% is obviously an overestimate unless, of course, the poll was taken only in DC. Or maybe Vermont. In that latter case no question it's an underestimate.

26% is obviously an overestimate unless, of course, the poll was taken only in DC. Or maybe Vermont. In that latter case no question it's an underestimate.

Have you NOT noticed that everytime the President or one of his cohorts--in the blame game--attack average--law abiding--taxpaying citizens--that Obama crashes through another support level--:cuckoo:

I HAVE--:lol: His poll numbers have taken a non-stop straight down CRASH since he tried to blame the tea party movement in this country for the S & P downgrade.

Last week he broke to a new low on overall approval to 39%--and today his economic approval 26%. Obviously the American public didn't believe him & they're pissed.

View attachment 14778

All THREE houses?? uh the congress is a bicameral body meaning is has TWO chambers, the house of representatives and the senate. When obama first assumed office the dems did not have total control of the senate at least until spector switched parties on 28 APR 2009. With his defection dems gained a filibuster proof vote in the senate and could pass legislation without having to worry about republican obstruction. However, they lost that filibuster proof control of the senate and the ability to "rubber stamp" when scott brown assumed kennedy's old seat on 4 FEB 2010 and it was at that point that republican filibusters began.
In other words the dems could not have "rubber stamped" for two years because they did not have the 60 votes necessary to end a filibuster and bring about cloture for most of that two years.

Are you tracking yet?

Last edited:

Have you NOT noticed that everytime the President or one of his cohorts--in the blame game--attack average--law abiding--taxpaying citizens--that Obama crashes through another support level--:cuckoo:

I HAVE--:lol: His poll numbers have taken a non-stop straight down CRASH since he tried to blame the tea party movement in this country for the S & P downgrade.

Last week he broke to a new low on overall approval to 39%--and today his economic approval 26%. Obviously the American public didn't believe him & they're pissed.

View attachment 14780
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

View attachment 14778

all 3 houses?

The President--the house and the senate. In short terms they had a full house--Republicans were such a minority they could not filibuster-nor obstruct.

That's why we have Obamacare today.

dems only had the supermajority for a little over NINE MONTHS not TWO YEARS. Repeating the lie that the republicans couldn't filibuster for two years doesn't make it so.

View attachment 14780

What miniscule point are you trying to make?

View attachment 14780

What miniscule point are you trying to make?

That Obama's approval rating is within the margin of error of what it's been for the last 2 years.

Not exactly "plummeting".

That Obama's approval rating is within the margin of error of what it's been for the last 2 years.

Not exactly "plummeting".

That fact is obviously lost on them seeing as how they would rather live in their dream world where obama's "poll numbers have taken a non-stop straight down CRASH since he tried to blame the tea party movement in this country for the S & P downgrade." rather than face reality.

Ame®icano;4018792 said:
Yeah, I know, Difficult to understand isn't it.

Not really, 30% of Republicans still believe that Bush was a good president.
Partisanship before country.

26% is still better than the single digit approval of congress though.

At this point, even Carter looks great!
I am trying to remember what Carter's lows were but can't.

If these numbers keep crashing we're going to be in negative territory very soon. Obviously his "jobs" tour is not working--his blame game is not working--no one is buying into it--and even blame BOOOOOOSH is no longer working.

Forum List

Back