New Liberal Triumvirate Senators Scott Brown, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe

Back in January when I described Scott Brown as a pro-choice John McCain boy oh boy did I hear from the right.

Okay, I was wrong. He's well to the left of McCain.
....Wherever McCain might BE, from-day-to-day......

:rolleyes:

dementiaexpress.jpg

"HEY, you kids!! Git' away from MY BUS!!"

There's one interesting wrinkle in the John McCain pander meander. Is he careening headlong to the right because he has genuinely gone non-maverick and wants now to be a dependable hardline rightwing partisan vote in the Senate, or is he merely doing an opportunistic head fake in order to fool the wingnut wing of his party in AZ,

and having accomplished that, and if he eventually wins the general election (as probably his last term) might he not then simply revert to the evil RINO he once was?

Back in January when I described Scott Brown as a pro-choice John McCain boy oh boy did I hear from the right.

dementiaexpress.jpg

There's one interesting wrinkle in the John McCain pander meander. Is he careening headlong to the right because he has genuinely gone non-maverick and wants now to be a dependable hardline rightwing partisan vote in the Senate, or is he merely doing an opportunistic head fake in order to fool the wingnut wing of his party in AZ,

and having accomplished that, and if he eventually wins the general election (as probably his last term) might he not then simply revert to the evil RINO he once was?

McCain is doing what he did in 2008. Assuming whatever position is needed to gain election

Well, i have not paid enough attention to this bill....to know enough to comment one way or the other, as to what benefits or drawbacks that it may have....but the one thing that does concern me is Russ Feingold's vote....In most all other issues or votes, I tended to agree with the stances that Feingold has taken, even if he bucked the party....so I need to delve in to this and see why feingold voted against it....?

Feingold voted no because it doesn't go far enough in splitting up the big firms and with regulation in general. He felt it wasn't good enough, not that it went to far; Eg, Kucinich voting "no" on initial HC bill.

He definitely keeps people GUESSING!!

:eusa_eh:

My guess is that he's an average, ordinary, garden-variety Opportunist.

Last edited:
Concerning Scott Brown

Scott Brown told his supporters that he was not going to "just follow the Republican herd" on every vote.

Scott Brown is a right of center Republican and not necessary a conservative. Personally, I wish the Republican party will elect more Scott Browns, Olympia Snowes and Susan Collins and may get the chance when Florida sends up Charlie Crist.

To those Birchers on the far right--most of us do not agree with you. I guess that means most people are COMMUNISTS seeking to destroy AMERICA with OUR on ideas and it is up to you REAL AMERICAN capitalists to stop it.

In other words--William F Buckley was right about you! Birchers are bat shit crazy and if left to their devices will destroy all creditability of the right through the utterance of their conspiracies. See World Nut Daily for examples!

Sadly, Buckley would be labeled a "rino" in today's wacco conservative camp.

dementiaexpress.jpg

Frankly, I think McCain simply has a very angry streak in him and he'll go down fighting. When anyone crosses him, ANYONE, whether it's someone on the right or left, his face becomes contorted with rage. In this case, he's angry that his popularity has dwindled and he can no longer rest on the laurels of his POW experience, which has faded from the minds of almost everyone, incuding his past hero-worshipping supporters. It's time for McCain to hang it up, take a long rest, and then go on $200K speaking tours where the audiences are all hand-picked and friendly.

Well, i have not paid enough attention to this bill....to know enough to comment one way or the other, as to what benefits or drawbacks that it may have....but the one thing that does concern me is Russ Feingold's vote....In most all other issues or votes, I tended to agree with the stances that Feingold has taken, even if he bucked the party....so I need to delve in to this and see why feingold voted against it....?

Feingold voted no because it doesn't go far enough in splitting up the big firms and with regulation in general. He felt it wasn't good enough, not that it went to far; Eg, Kucinich voting "no" on initial HC bill.

thank you for setting things straight.

so he's holding out for a ride on AF 1, too?

from what informed sources have told me: Lincoln Bedroom Sleepover

from what informed sources have told me: Lincoln Bedroom Sleepover

it's good to set the bar high.

Forum List

Back